What's new

30 years late the LCA in testing

The biggest problem is that IAF placed orders for only 20 aircrafts. Say if those 20 don't turn into 200 it won't reach its project goals.

It may only be a token to the same Indian pride mentioned above. But as a project it would be a failure. My comment was that now even for a 20 plane order if it doesn't meet its July deadline - or say 31 Dec, 2011 deadline - it should be scrapped due to the incompetency of the agencies involved if nothing else.

If they can't deliver on THAT small an order (and by deliver I mean deliver and accepted by IAF), then its better it is scrapped.

It HAS to be delivered this year, I'm pretty sure Indians won't tolerate any more delays from DRDO and other agencies involved.

Sir,

Already 40 planes order by IAF, initial 20 + later 20 more..

It is not the matter of 'delivery' IAF is worrying, it is the quality it is looking for. HAL has experience of decades of plane manufacturing/assembling, e.g Mig-21, MKI etc, so delivery is not a problem, once it is as per the standard, production will increase definitely as we have the infrastructure and man power.

And there is no deadline for 31st July 2011 to deliver 20 planes between IAF & HAL and it wont deliver by that time for sure..

How important do you think you are or how farigh do you think the Indian MoD is? :D

Well if it was some years ago, i could have actually said something about it.. Around 1996, when our present Defence minister was active in state politics, he used to live in my neighbourhood and even had light talks whenever he goes for a walking.. But unfortunatly, there was no news about LCA , and all my knowledge about fighter jets was limited to knowing that "Tom Cruise looked good in TopGun". :D

even i think that forum giving you more worries then informations..

anyway , you don't have a choice to select b/w worries and information coz both are complimentry to each other..
Perhaps thats why wise men have said that ignorance is bliss...

Yes but still they did not have a single failure..per se this thread..

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-...d-single-failure-1-500-flights-tejas-ade.html

being unable to deliver any results in not a failure in Indian mind..When something is late by 30 years and still in testing then you know whats the hold up. But the Indian cosmetic importance mentality likes to deny naked facts.! Tomorrow Agni never failed, it was surprise fireworks.

Come on India give up on attempts to fool the world..even big brand names like Lockheed and Boeing go through several failures..sometimes even in post production design..Recent example of rolls royce engine failing on A-380 is there for all to see!

We never had a single failure in 1,500 flights of Tejas: ADE

being unable to deliver any results in not a failure in Indian mind..When something is late by 30 years and still in testing then you know whats the hold up. But the Indian cosmetic importance mentality likes to deny naked facts.! Tomorrow Agni never failed, it was surprise fireworks.

Come on India give up on attempts to fool the world..even big brand names like Lockheed and Boeing go through several failures..sometimes even in post production design..Recent example of rolls royce engine failing on A-380 is there for all to see!
How come you people are talking about the no failures?????
When some members questioned the missiles of urs which never seem to fail, U were not there to answer. Now After 1500 flights ADE claims are U pound on it.
Dont worry we are more transperent in accepting the failures than U think.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-...d-single-failure-1-500-flights-tejas-ade.html

We are Not LM OR BOEING ,BUT HAL STILL IN TOP 30..If HAL ever place you as consultant then We all together gonna say in chorus- HAL KA KUDHA HAFFIZ, keep your theory for PAC,they mite throw you a job..

I will say well done. But I will also say, it's a pity such important projects (indigenous) take the never ending time it took with LCA for whatever reasons. but I am proud at last.

TO ALL POSTERS regardless of FLAG

If the LCA is 30 years lates AS SOME OF YOU SUGGEST
(which is utter garbage of course)

Then TEJAS in its current guise should have arrived in 1980

Name one fighter in 1980 that had the following.

50% composite build
Glass Cockpit
data linking
Elbit dash five HMS system
Radar that tracks at 148km

ANSWER NONE

" so how can it be 30 years late ????????

Even today LCA tejas is more advanced than any fighter in South Asia bar
su30mki

Why does every thread regarding the LCA turn into a trash talk for the Jf-17...
interesting..
The article though.. was amateurish...and full of incorrect ideas.

The LCA though.. is one boo boo...the DRDO is committed to making.
Still feel the design should have borrowed on the S-51 "mini-flanker".. safer route ...with a readily available engine..and it could still have had all the gizmo's ...and would have been easier to get a naval version out there.

Why does every thread regarding the LCA turn into a trash talk for the Jf-17...
interesting..
The article though.. was amateurish...and full of incorrect ideas.

The LCA though.. is one boo boo...the DRDO is committed to making.
Still feel the design should have borrowed on the S-51 "mini-flanker".. safer route ...with a readily available engine..and it could still have had all the gizmo's ...and would have been easier to get a naval version out there.

Why go for "mini" when we are already mass producing"mega"....

Bharati is the official word for India in all Pakistani colloquialisms, English, Urdu doesn't seem to matter. It is not a curse word nor implied as such, this has been explained numerous times, so now get on with it.

The proper word is "Bhartiya" for a Indian in Hindi language.

If pakistani media may be its english/urdu/jew uses some other word like bharti its their foolishness, stupidity and arrogance.

Repeating the same mistake thousands times doesn't make it right.

How u will feel if some one mispronounce ur own name or uses the word like **** its same for Indians.

Why go for "mini" when we are already mass producing"mega"....

So the mini and mega have something in common== cost savings== easier induction== easier training.

With a same engine.. you reduce the logistical train.. training costs for the maintainers.

Back
Top Bottom