What's new

Shocking video of racist attack on Africans in India

Lone African student in Bareilly is her varsity’s star
serve

BAREILLY: Dike Victoria, a native of Nigeria, is perhaps the only African student in Bareilly.
And it does seem strange at times to be the odd one out in the entire city. A BPharma student at the Invertis University, she says her initial trepidation has given way to joy in the two years that she's been in this part of Uttar Pradesh.

"I never faced any racial discrimination in the city," Dike, the 19-year-old who won the university's Miss Invertia 2017 title, says. Though three attacks on Africans have been reported recently in the state and they have "disturbed" her, Dike says her time in India has been relatively "problem free".

Of course, when she came to Bareilly from Nigeria's Abuja city, it seemed to her like she had come to a different world. "The initial months were tough, mostly because of the language barrier," she says. "No one from my family, or my friends, had ever been to India before. Few in Bareilly would speak English and their pronunciation was different from mine.
Others would prefer to talk in Hindi. I was clueless for three to four months because I could not understand a word of what others were saying."

Dike has now learnt Hindi with the help of her Indian friends. She even sings a few Bollywood songs. "But I share the larger African community's anxiety following the attacks," she says.
"My university is secure. Had there been bias, I would not have won the Miss Invertia 2017. I am proud to say I am the first foreigner to win this crown."
#Times of India.

I am a christian living in Delhi. Every time i go out i see many people from the African countries going about their daily life without any problem. The english mass in the local church is attended by majority Africans.

I agree that their reputaion of drug smugler and heavy partying and unique appearence may make their life a tad difficult in India. Some people hate anything different to them and their belief.

Good life lol? There are more indians in nigeria than nigerians in india. :haha:
You are a well aware person. Agreed many Indians in Nigeria. We are so many of us everywhere. But that is a financial decision for Indians, like in Kenya you will find lots of businesses of Indians. But that doesn't make Kenya better than India.
I know u don't want to accept it but India has great life.

You are a well aware person. Agreed many Indians in Nigeria. We are so many of us everywhere. But that is a financial decision for Indians, like in Kenya you will find lots of businesses of Indians. But that doesn't make Kenya better than India.
I know u don't want to accept it but India has great life.
Nothing in the universe is better than india as per indian logic. india has great life,So great that they spend most of it on PDF.

Nothing in the universe is better than india as per indian logic. india has great life,So great that they spend most of it on PDF.
This only shows how happy, comfortable and proud Indians are about their country. And it also shows levels of internet access to the Indians, since so many of them are online over various forums internationally.

Contrary to India is poor propaganda.

Pakistanis should stop worrying about Africans in India and rather worry about Shias in Pakistan.. 13 were killed just this morning....while on their way to their place of worship....

This only shows how happy, comfortable and proud Indians are about their country. And it also shows levels of internet access to the Indians, since so many of them are online over various forums internationally.

Contrary to India is poor propaganda.
Coming to a Pakistani forum makes you happy and proud:lol:
The whole world has internet access not just you.

Don't worry...You people too have to bear the spill over of this damage as no one can make out who is Pakistani or who is Indian .

Oh so you see a sliver lining in this i.e. that Pakistanis might get attacked if they are mistaken for Indians. Your post is a disgrace. Where did I even hint that people will start carrying out punishment beatings in retaliation? I was writing about perceptions. But due to your overly sensitive nature you somehow managed to use this issue to take a dig at Pakistanis.
Here in the UK, black folk can quite readily tell the difference between Pakistanis and Indians. How's that you might question? Well maybe it is just the small thing of their communities living side by side Asian communities for the past 60 years. They're not stupid.
As for worrying the only one looking worried is you, but I'll tell you one thing the Black folk here won't go on the rampage. However have you seen the comments on the videos from Africans themselves?
Maybe instead of hoping a Pakistani will take a hit, you should be on those videos telling them that not all Indians are like this.

Thats not how majority mobs work. You think the Idi Amin thugs took Indians in Uganda on ....in gentlemanlike one on one fashion?

I know that, but you can't honestly compare what happened in Uganda to this. The Ugandan ethnic cleanings of Asian people was part of state policy at the time. This isn't and quite clearly looks like regular folks piling in onto one man.

I know that, but you can't honestly compare what happened in Uganda to this. The Ugandan ethnic cleanings of Asian people was part of state policy at the time. This isn't and quite clearly looks like regular folks piling in onto one man.

I'm just saying thats how mobs work....whether state sanctioned or not. It happened in India to much larger degree (somewhat state sanctioned) when the congress mobs did very horrible things to the sikhs in delhi etc. after assassination of Indira Gandhi etc

One on one is not how mobs operate.

There was also a Ugandan mob against Indians there as recent as 2007 - 2009 (forgot exact year)...that was totally not state sanctioned (Ugandan govt just like Indian govt today for this incident....condemned it and worked to try prevent it happening again).

Again perception/stereotyping and thug mob behaviour generalising based on that....unleashing itself on easy targets. State sanctioning only empowers it to a much larger degree....but root complex that drives people to act this way is the same across the world....across time and space.

Oh so you see a sliver lining in this i.e. that Pakistanis might get attacked if they are mistaken for Indians. Your post is a disgrace. Where did I even hint that people will start carrying out punishment beatings in retaliation? I was writing about perceptions. But due to your overly sensitive nature you somehow managed to use this issue to take a dig at Pakistanis.
Here in the UK, black folk can quite readily tell the difference between Pakistanis and Indians. How's that you might question? Well maybe it is just the small thing of their communities living side by side Asian communities for the past 60 years. They're not stupid.
As for worrying the only one looking worried is you, but I'll tell you one thing the Black folk here won't go on the rampage. However have you seen the comments on the videos from Africans themselves?
Maybe instead of hoping a Pakistani will take a hit, you should be on those videos telling them that not all Indians are like this.

In a few cases ,a Pakistani can be recognised among south indians(due to nose size)..There is no way in the world one can differentiate a Pakistani from a north indian..

In a few cases ,a Pakistani can be recognised among south indians(due to nose size)..There is no way in the world one can differentiate a Pakistani from a north indian..

Not sure why Pakistanis think they are not South Asian.

A lot of Pakistanis think I am Pakistani here in the UK!

You are talking about Karachiites. There are South Indian origin people in Karachi.

Not sure why Pakistanis think they are not South Asian.

A lot of Pakistanis think I am Pakistani here in the UK!
You watch Pakistan news channels..80 percent of them look like any other south Asian..Especially Sindhis and punjabis..I agree to a certain level Pathan's look a bit different..But not every Pathan...

Back
Top Bottom