What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

nothing a Fateh Family missile cant carry , but don't forget these are two different type of missile Fateh Missiles variant are Quasi ballistic but Qiam Missile is a ballistic one .
also Qiam variant is using technology fairly new to us and we want to use them for future generation of our missiles so it's not strange if we want to test them and make those technologies more mature .

8-rusi-lwc-session-seven-dr-igor-sutyagin-senior-research-fellow-rusi-16-638.jpg

or something of similar effect

Last edited:
Shockwaves :)
Seriously though think about a sustained attack! That base would literally be unusable! If they are not able to intercept Iranian missiles then future conflict will be very different to what US fanboys might think.
View attachment 598855

Side note: funny tweet :)

I have my doubts wether they were carrying warheads. Specially the Qiams which can carry 600+kg warheads.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the missiles or many of them don’t carry warheads.

for example in your post the picture of the tent bunker, a 500kg warhead would demolish all 3 tents. But a missile carrying no warhead is likely to do that damage.

I mean 500kg is over 1000lbs! Go look at air strikes of fighter jets dropping 1000lbs pound PGM.

F-16 drops 500lb bomb

That’s a 225kg PGM! Now imagine a 500kg missile plus amplified effect of Mach 4-8 impact.

That must world strongest tent material!

Something is fishy

If there were no warheads experts could have already noticed it...structures were large:50m x 100m....and they were destroyed by 500kg warhead

If there were no warheads experts could have already noticed it...structures were large:50m x 100m....and they were destroyed by 500kg warhead

Go look at what one Fateh-313 direct hit did to Kurdistan HQ and compare it.

And no twitter “expert” would notice because none of them are on the ground to examine the parts.

If you do basic physics you can calculate the explosive kinetic force of an object falling from X height by Y Weight by Z speed.

If you Build a missile with a enough weight and speed reaching a certain apogee, then even without a warhead it could reach massive destructive levels.

I have my doubts wether they were carrying warheads. Specially the Qiams which can carry 600+kg warheads.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the missiles or many of them don’t carry warheads.

for example in your post the picture of the tent bunker, a 500kg warhead would demolish all 3 tents. But a missile carrying no warhead is likely to do that damage.

I mean 500kg is over 1000lbs! Go look at air strikes of fighter jets dropping 1000lbs pound PGM.

F-16 drops 500lb bomb

That’s a 225kg PGM! Now imagine a 500kg missile plus amplified effect of Mach 4-8 impact.

That must world strongest tent material!

Something is fishy

Mach 4 to Mach 8 are the missiles max speed at altitude NOT it's speed upon impact!!!! How much more damage did you think 450kg to 650kg standard warheads were going to make???? Your not going to destroy 4 bunkers per missile with a 600kg conventional warhead! And it's not like Iran hasn't used these missiles in the past in both Iraq and Syria so feel free to compare...

Iran's message here was to prove it's capabilities and make it clear to this U.S. administration that a war with Iran unlike previous US wars will result in Iran hitting back at not just U.S. bases but at U.S. assets stationed at those bases and hitting that base in particular with precision strikes proves Iran's capability to hit all U.S. bases in Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar & Oman with precision strikes and at the very least all US bases within 700km of Iran in Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Syria, Turkey & Afghanistan will all be at risk....

Since WW2 can you name any country that has directly carried out precision strikes against U.S. assets at U.S. bases 100's of kilometers from it's own boarders???? Since WW2 U.S. has NOT directly faced an enemy as strong as Iran and that is a message this U.S. administration clearly had trouble understanding.

Mach 4 to Mach 8 are the missiles max speed at altitude NOT it's speed upon impact!!!! How much more damage did you think 450kg to 650kg standard warheads were going to make???? Your not going to destroy 4 bunkers per missile with a 600kg conventional warhead! And it's not like Iran hasn't used these missiles in the past in both Iraq and Syria so feel free to compare...

Iran's message here was to prove it's capabilities and make it clear to this U.S. administration that a war with Iran unlike previous US wars will result in Iran hitting back at not just U.S. bases but at U.S. assets stationed at those bases and hitting that base in particular with precision strikes proves Iran's capability to hit all U.S. bases in Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar & Oman with precision strikes and at the very least all US bases within 700km of Iran in Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Syria, Turkey & Afghanistan will all be at risk....

Since WW2 can you name any country that has directly carried out precision strikes against U.S. assets at U.S. bases 100's of kilometers from it's own boarders???? Since WW2 U.S. has NOT directly faced an enemy as strong as Iran and that is a message this U.S. administration clearly had trouble understanding.

The picture I am referring to clearly shows they are TENTS not reinforced concrete bunkers!

Must be a strong tent that only one gets wiped out! Iran should start building its bases out of that material!

Quotes:
The result is a line of short- and medium-range missiles that can deliver warheads with an accuracy range in the tens of meters, a Defense Department intelligence official said. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive assessments of Iran’s military capability.

“We have observed consistent improvements in Iranian ballistic missile accuracy,” the official said. Among the more striking and potentially worrisome developments is technology on Iran’s 500-mile Qiam missile that allows controllers to fine-tune its trajectory during flight. Even the Fateh-110, a short-range model provided to Hezbollah and other militant groups, has been refitted with electro-optical and radio-guidance systems so that it can zero in on highly specific targets, the official said.

Gen. Joseph Votel, the former U.S. Centcom commander who retired from the Army in March, said the gains in Iran’s missile capability have been surprisingly rapid.

Most disturbing, Votel said, is the “maturation of these systems and how quickly [the Iranians] are learning.”

“When you look at our long learning curve here, theirs is much sharper,” he said. “They’re taking advantage of what we have learned.”

Back
Top Bottom