What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

This proves investments in missile development vs buying expensive fighter jets were better suited, as missiles in Iran's arsenal are proving to their adversaries that they can't expect an easy military confrontation with Iran. Iran's adversaries are also worried about the unknowns in Iran's military capabilities.

exactly! Real capability is having knowledge to produce and improve your own weapons. At some point you will reach a snow ball effect and you become a real player instead of a bystander or even worse; a slave.

any country only buying foreign military equipment is insane and delusional.

Iran’s journey started with missiles and then unmanned systems and now AD & EW. All currently state of the art.
Next 10-15 year Iran will have a state of the art navy.
15-20 years will be top of the line Air Force and Space industry.

The article is here - https://www.newsweek.com/iran-revolutionary-guard-missile-us-iraq-1480942. So if the 270 death toll was initially reported, it must've been pulled afterwards. The IRGC also claimed at least 80 casualties.

Nevertheless, there seems to be a smokescreen in this attack. So unless there is a whistle blower that sheds some light on this attack, we may never know the truth about both human and material toll of those missiles.

One thing we can read though from Western media and journal reports is that the IRGC's response has caught many analysts by surprise: Nobody expected a missile response directly from Iran. They all expected a response from Iran-backed groups or some form of an attack in soft targets.

3346785.jpg

Last edited:
Who cares about how many US died. Important is how good the iranian weapons worked. And as far as i can judge: They worked as said.

Edit:

I know that not all US are bad and so on. But as a soldier....I also said this if a german soldier died in Afghanistan. Germany has nothing to "search" there and every soldier can say no....so.....

Last edited:
The picture I am referring to clearly shows they are TENTS not reinforced concrete bunkers!

Must be a strong tent that only one gets wiped out! Iran should start building its bases out of that material!

No they are not concrete bunkers they are soft shelters mainly meant to protect against sand and at best shrapnel from mortars and light rockets that fall within the vicinity..... however, no matter how soft or hard the shelters are a missiles with a single ~500kg conventional payload isn't going to have a vast destruction radius.... And clearly for sending the type of message Iran wanted to send cluster munitions weren't the way to go because Iran first and foremost wanted to show and prove the accuracy of it's missiles to this U.S. administration and the craters these missiles left behind will likely show what bunkers Iran will and wont be able to penetrate....

Again this particular operation was mainly meant to demolish any delusions some in this U.S. administration have had about Iran's capabilities who are the same fools that have made claims like Iranian weapons are photoshopped and or mockups.....
So accurately hitting targets at a US base from ~500km out and hitting a base so fortified that Trump himself flew into last year using 100% domestically produced missiles was the message Iran wanted to send and did so successfully and very clearly proved that if you attack Iranian soil you wouldn't be waiting around for some asymmetric response and that Iran will retaliate directly and with deadly accuracy

exactly! Real capability is having knowledge to produce and improve your own weapons. At some point you will reach a snow ball effect and you become a real player instead of a bystander or even worse; a slave.

any country only buying foreign military equipment is insane and delusional.

Iran’s journey started with missiles and then unmanned systems and now AD & EW. All currently state of the art.
Next 10-15 year Iran will have a state of the art navy.
15-20 years will be top of the line Air Force and Space industry.

When real war starts the ONLY weapons that matter are the weapons you can produce, arm and maintain yourself!!!!

I believe all the people who enjoy ridiculing's Iran's 50 years old fighter fleet got their answer with our recent strikes and the value of producing your own!
If Iran had chosen to import Russian fighters over the past 2 decades instead of using that money to invest in our own missiles program, there is no way in hell Iran would have even risked using them to strike at a U.S. base and even if we did risk using them the chance of success against both U.S. IADS systems and Air Power would have been minimal and in the best of conditions multiple multi million dollar fighters would have been lost and that's not including all the pressure the Russians could have place on our government not to use their Aircrafts in retaliation...… So all in all I believe Iranian tactical BM have more than proven their worth and importance over and over again and it's time Iran doubles down on their R&D and mass production and deployment and vastly increases our stock.

More propaganda by @VEVAK

Last time Al-Asad had Patriot batteries was probably 2016.

I said if it was authentic!!!!

So you clearly wanna remain under the delusion that when Trump flew in there last year there were no Air Defense systems there defending the base!!! Or when Pence visited not to long ago! LOL!

When real war starts the ONLY weapons that matter are the weapons you can produce, arm and maintain yourself!!!!

I believe all the people who enjoy ridiculing's Iran's 50 years old fighter fleet got their answer with our recent strikes and the value of producing your own!
If Iran had chosen to import Russian fighters over the past 2 decades instead of using that money to invest in our own missiles program, there is no way in hell Iran would have even risked using them to strike at a U.S. base and even if we did risk using them the chance of success against both U.S. IADS systems and Air Power would have been minimal and in the best of conditions multiple multi million dollar fighters would have been lost and that's not including all the pressure the Russians could have place on our government not to use their Aircrafts in retaliation...… So all in all I believe Iranian tactical BM have more than proven their worth and importance over and over again and it's time Iran doubles down on their R&D and mass production and deployment and vastly increases our stock.

I said if it was authentic!!!!

So you clearly wanna remain under the delusion that when Trump flew in there last year there were no Air Defense systems there defending the base!!! Or when Pence visited not to long ago! LOL!

@VEVAK brother i get your point i just wanted to let you know that those are not the same attack, @TheImmortal these mistake happens a lot, i lost count how many times it happened to me

What I'm wondering is WHY they did not prevent all passenger planes from flying over Iran for at least 24-48 hrs after the missiles strikes. In my opinion whomever was in charge of the operation should be demoted.

@VEVAK brother i get your point i just wanted to let you know that those are not the same attack, @TheImmortal these mistake happens a lot, i lost count how many times it happened to me

What I'm wondering is WHY they did not prevent all passenger planes from flying over Iran for at least 24-48 hrs after the missiles strikes. In my opinion whomever was in charge of the operation should be demoted.

They will promote to higher position ... IRI always courage this kind of treason instead of punishing them ...

They will promote to higher position ... IRI always courage this kind of treason instead of punishing them ...
Well at least in that case they wont be alone,both the russians and americans rewarded the personnel involved in the shoot downs of flight 007 and flight 655 with bonuses and medals respectively.:meeting:

US troops knew Al-Asad air base would be attacked and sheltered in bunkers, exclusive tour reveals
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/11/middleeast/iran-strike-al-asad-air-base-exclusive-intl/index.html
200111130301-al-asad-exlarge-169.jpeg

One of the us shelters,a rather obvious crack in the wall and roof,plus some debris on the floor gives pretty clear evidence of the power of the blasts
200111130434-al-asad-3-exlarge-169.jpeg

200111130410-al-asad-2-exlarge-169.jpeg

Watching the vids of Iran's missle hitting. That is effin terrifying! Dude, Imagine if Iran was firing 100's of these!

Too many people overestimate how many missiles Iran produces.

Also 100’s of missiles would need 100’s of TELs. They don’t just magically leave the ground by themselves.

Back
Top Bottom