What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

I would expect nothing more from a government shill. If you think Iran has more than 5,000-7,500 long range missiles you are out of your mind. US intelligence is 2,000 and I’m going to be liberal and say that it’s 3x that number so 6,000 or so.

Take 6,000 x it by 700kg warhead. And see what you get. Russia/US/Syria dropped that many bombs in Syria in Just one YEAR.

So now not even 6,000 missiles will be enough fire power to target US military assets considering it takes about 200-300 missiles to severely destroy an airbase alone assuming 30-40% fail for whatever reason.

So Iran will blow through its entire missile stockpile in the first year of war assuming a conservative # of 10-20% of missile stockpile get destroyed by enemy bombardment on Iran followed by another 30-40% fail to hit their target (intercepted, tech failure, miss target, etc).

So let’s run the numbers again assuming a HIGHLY optimistic scenario of Iran haven’t a stockpile of 7,500 missiles and using the numbers above of up to 40-60% never being fired or reaching target or hitting target that means you should reduce the number of missiles by 3,250 missiles.

Meaning Iran will have an arsenal of 3,250 missiles that score direct hits on their target. And if Iran doesn’t have an arsenal of 7,500 missiles and has something like 3,000 then only 1,500 missiles will score direct hits.

That is simply not enough in all out war. This is why Iran needs an air force as well.

Time will prove I am right.

1st off what do you mean by long range missiles??

FYI By 2005 Israeli estimates were that Iran had between 400-500 Missiles capable of reaching Israel. So I don't know where you come up with that 2000 figure but it more or less seems like a delusional figure to me....

FYI U.S. has well over 50 military installations that are within ~600km of Iranian soil so why do you assume that Iran's stock of long rage missiles will be the main factor?? also why do you assume that BM are Iran's ONLY means of retaliation?

As for the value of an Air Force vs missiles I believe Iran's recent strikes using Tactical BM have already answered that!!!

what exactly do you think Iran's response would have been if instead of a Missile Program we had instead purchased a fleet of 100 Su-30 + 50 MiG-29 + 50 MiG-35 + 50 Su-35's + 50 Su-34 lets say instead of a missile program we had built up a fleet like that. Now tell me what exactly do you think Iran could or would have been able to achieve against the U.S.?????

Which country in the world has enough military sites, that 10,000 missiles isnt enough to destroy them all?

Which country in the world has enough military sites, that 10,000 missiles isnt enough to destroy them all?

U.S. does have enough assets globally that 10,000 conventional missiles wouldn't be enough however, Ballistic Missiles are NOT Iran's only means of retaliation and aside from Iranian cruise missiles, Iran has a rather vast fleet of UAV's and UCAV's that will be used in an all out war.

It's funny how quickly people forget what a handful of cruise missiles and UAV's armed with light payloads did to the Saudi Oil production

Iran might have 3000 ballistic missiles and many thousands of Zelzal artillery rockets...Zelzal rockets will be launched to exhaust US arsenal of Patriot air defense missiles and then attack by more precise missiles will follow.

But even with 30% success rate Iran can hit 1000 targets and this will inflict substantial damage and casualties if personnel barracks are targeted together with oil infrastructure.

Many Iranian missiles are older versions and are not precise..but Iran can compensate for lack of accuracy by using cluster munition warhead.

Lay off the drugs, Iran doesn’t have 10,000 BMs.
10,000 BMs ! Well, if 5 million out of the total 10-13 million residents of the capital Tehran attended Soleimani’s funeral last week, then Iran has 10,000 BMs too! Such crappy rumors are spread by bunch of crooks running IRGC.
Again, below officially counts maximum 80,000 of population. Using the same analogy, one can estimate how many BMs Iran has in its arsenal.

0C9D36F1-C322-4A5C-ACDF-C7D9651A4F58.jpeg

Last edited:
If 5 million out of the total 10-13 million residents of the capital Tehran attended Soleimani’s funeral last week, then Iran has 10,000 BM too! Such a crappy claim by bunch of crooks.

5 Million in Tehran alone! So cry all you want but that's the real Iran!
Fact is if you were in Iran or if you even had family in Iran that you had spoken to about it as long as they were being truthful then you wouldn't be doubting it!!!

From Shariatii & Vali asr all the way passed Azadi sq completely filled! Iranian TV announced figure of 6 million people but more realistic figure were about 5 million!!!

Iranian TV announced figure of 6 million people but more realistic figure were about 5 million!!!

Oh you mean the same Iranian TV that said Iran didn’t shoot down their own plane? You were the one gobbling up whatever the government said and denied in the beginning that the plane was shot down by IRGC!

So 50% of the Tehran population came out? LOL. I have sources on the ground too. No where close to 5 MILLION!

A_glimpse_of_the_1995_Million_Man_March_-_from_the_recently_cataloged_Roll_Call_Photograph_Collection_%2829984043675%29.jpg

This is what 400,000-500,000 looks like.

You are losing credibility by the day for being a government shill eating propaganda and spreading on it this forum.

Oh you mean the same Iranian TV that said Iran didn’t shoot down their own plane? You were the one gobbling up whatever the government said and denied in the beginning that the plane was shot down by IRGC!

So 50% of the Tehran population came out? LOL. I have sources on the ground too. No where close to 5 MILLION!

A_glimpse_of_the_1995_Million_Man_March_-_from_the_recently_cataloged_Roll_Call_Photograph_Collection_%2829984043675%29.jpg

This is what 400,000-500,000 looks like.

You are losing credibility by the day for being a government shill eating propaganda and spreading on it this forum.

LOL!!!! Really??? Your comparing that with

one is Azaqi sq the other Enghlab sq and the streets of Tehran were packed all the way up to shariati valiasz……

LOL!!!! Really??? Your comparing that with

one is Azaqi sq the other Enghlab sq and the streets of Tehran were packed all the way up to shariati valiasz……

Again look at the width of my picture and how far back it extends.

You’re eyes are playing an optical allusion because the amount of people crammed into a tight space. Azadi is very small and not enough room along with Enghlab.

Like I said 1 million people more or less maybe 1.5

But no where close to 50% of the cities population.

Again look at the width of my picture and how far back it extends.

You’re eyes are playing an optical allusion because the amount of people crammed into a tight space. Azadi is very small and not enough room along with Enghlab.

Like I said 1 million people more or less maybe 1.5

But no where close to 50% of the cities population.

Unlike you I've been to both places! You don't even know the streets of Tehran so.....

Unlike you I've been to both places! You don't even know the streets of Tehran so.....

It’s funny the video you use for proof the title literally starts with “hundreds of thousands” NOT “millions”

LOL I was born in Iran, but I don’t know the streets? It’s funny you talk like a government fanboy more than a serious intellectual individual.

If we talk about who knows the streets, business’, connections with government officials. The results could be surprising. Not to mention having those that served in the imposed war.

But unlike you I actually give a damn about the country, I do not sit and parrot Republic propaganda.

The Republic is fractionalized and soon they will bicker (already happened) then they will argue over certain decisions and eventually some will break apart from each other and seek to undermine one another.

Trump will get re elected and Iran has to suffer another 4.5 years of sanctions. Only a naive fool would believe the people will accept 4.5 years of this! We haven’t even reached the 2 year anniversary since Trump left the deal!

Solemani’s death isn’t going to keep the people happy with how their government is managing things. They mourned a hero’s passing, two different things.

Trump will get re elected and Iran has to suffer another 4.5 years of sanctions. Only a naive fool would believe the people will accept 4.5 years of this! We haven’t even reached the 2 year anniversary since Trump left the deal!
Trump needs to pivot to Asia and Eastern Europe-----they can't afford another 4,5 years in the Middle East---they don't need another quagmire in times when China and Russia keep rising.

If Trump is reelected---and no chance of return to JPCOA----Iran will increase number of centrifuges, reactivate Arak plutonium reactor and install large number of IR-6 centrifuges and expel IAEA inspectors-----and this will mean a rush to the bomb----Trump will a choice---return to the old deal, which effectively neutralized Iranian nuclear bomb for minimum next 25 years--- or go to unnecessary war to stop Iranian nuclear program.

Regarding sanctions---they have already done the maximum of the damage they could potentially do.....Iranian economy declined in 2018 and 2019 and stabilizes in 2020 with IMF predicting 0,2% growth for 2020.....So sanctions can not do more damage anymore----they have already done the maximum damage they could do. (in 2018-2020)

Trump's and Pompeo's policy of maximalist approach to Iran will not bring to change in policy of Iran in the ME---it will just further increase tensions in the ME as Iran becomes more aggressive (if Trump is reelected) and force Iran to follow North Korean path toward bomb.

As I said in another post, this was not the first time this regime used “airplane crash” to get through and fulfill its dirty agendas. Also, the economic problem with the country is not Trump, neither the sanctions. The estate currency has lost its value continuously since this corrupt regime came to power more than 4 decades ago, even when no ‘effective’ sanctions were in place for the first three decades of their ruling. Few days ago the ratio of the market Rial-now to Rial-then reached again to 145,000/75~1,900 times! It is very ironic that Rial experienced its major loss in value before the effective sanctions took place during Mr. Saboorjian’s presidency: 12,000/75 ~ 160 vs. 135,000/12000~ 11.2

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom