What's new

Iranian Missiles | News and Discussions

I have my doubts wether they were carrying warheads. Specially the Qiams which can carry 600+kg warheads.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the missiles or many of them don’t carry warheads.

for example in your post the picture of the tent bunker, a 500kg warhead would demolish all 3 tents. But a missile carrying no warhead is likely to do that damage.

I mean 500kg is over 1000lbs! Go look at air strikes of fighter jets dropping 1000lbs pound PGM.

F-16 drops 500lb bomb

That’s a 225kg PGM! Now imagine a 500kg missile plus amplified effect of Mach 4-8 impact.

That must world strongest tent material!

Something is fishy
https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/10...ی-بزرگترین-آمبولانس-هوایی-ارتش-آمریکا-از-عراق
https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/10...-الاسد-آغاز-یک-عملیات-بزرگ-بود-آمریکا-در-صورت
read it maybe change your mind

https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/1029600/حیرت-کارشناس-نظامی-آمریکایی-از-دقت-موشک-های-ایران

So I read that Iran, after the missile wave, "hacked" the communication system of the US bases, theyr MQ-9 drones (~8 in the air allegedly) stopped working, theyr air defence was shut down, theyr were shocked

Maybe we talk/discuss about Irans ECM capabilities?

So I read that Iran, after the missile wave, "hacked" the communication system of the US bases, theyr MQ-9 drones (~8 in the air allegedly) stopped working, theyr air defence was shut down, theyr were shocked

Maybe we talk/discuss about Irans ECM capabilities?
I have heard about much advanced Iran anti-access area denial weapons which dwarfs the US.

Iran used these weapons back in 2011 when hacked RQ-170 and landed it without any damage

There is been alot of activity from American Shinooks in Cyprus sky,we have never seen any of them here before ,the footage below belongs to January 8th flying in 4 towards British base in Cyprus ,as I write this article I have spotted them in sky again at night moving toward north west propably their base in Europe ,it is obvious American trying hard to hide their casualties.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200110-194442_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200110-194442_Video Player.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_20200110-111921_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200110-111921_Chrome.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 95
I have heard about much advanced Iran anti-access area denial weapons which dwarfs the US.

Iran used these weapons back in 2011 when hacked RQ-170 and landed it without any damage

"dwarfs the US" oh come on... look at US defense budget vs. IRI's. It's one thing to say IRI has precision strike capability but let's not get carried away.

"dwarfs the US" oh come on... look at US defense budget vs. IRI's. It's one thing to say IRI has precision strike capability but let's not get carried away.

He didn’t say that Iran has a more toys or better budget then US.

China and Iran have invested heavily in anti access area denial weapons (defensive posturing). US simply has not because US is an offensive posturing power.

US has largely moved away from BM development and heavy CM development after the nuclear treaties with Russia banning missiles of certain ranges. US prefers to invest heavily in tomahawk/stealth cruise missile for offensive saturation as well as AirPower in forms of bombers, drones, and 5th gen fighter jets.

You are talking about two different philosophies.

Dude Iran is advanced in some military fields that we don't know much.

** Details of electronic attack on American drones

"The operation we have not named so far was after the missile operation, and with the special equipment we had already prepared, we launched an important electronic warfare approximately 15 minutes after the operation, and all the aircraft without We pulled out of a flight over the Ein Al-Assad area for a moment, leaving the Americans in control and destroying their communication links and video links that terrified the Americans.

"When the missile strikes, the most important need for Americans was to understand how much damage was being observed at the moment by the 8 MQ-9 UAVs that were flying over the area," he said. It was transmitted and when the planes went out of control, the shock they had suffered was unaffected by missile operations.

https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/1029458/ضربه-موشکی-به-عین-الاسد-آغاز-یک-عملیات-بزرگ-بود-آمریکا-در-صورت

https://www.ibtimes.com/iranian-gen...t-weapons-can-destroy-american-forces-2804859

https://www.mei.edu/publications/ch...ss-area-denial-weapons-capability-development

Quotes:
The result is a line of short- and medium-range missiles that can deliver warheads with an accuracy range in the tens of meters, a Defense Department intelligence official said. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive assessments of Iran’s military capability.

“We have observed consistent improvements in Iranian ballistic missile accuracy,” the official said. Among the more striking and potentially worrisome developments is technology on Iran’s 500-mile Qiam missile that allows controllers to fine-tune its trajectory during flight. Even the Fateh-110, a short-range model provided to Hezbollah and other militant groups, has been refitted with electro-optical and radio-guidance systems so that it can zero in on highly specific targets, the official said.

Gen. Joseph Votel, the former U.S. Centcom commander who retired from the Army in March, said the gains in Iran’s missile capability have been surprisingly rapid.

Most disturbing, Votel said, is the “maturation of these systems and how quickly [the Iranians] are learning.”

“When you look at our long learning curve here, theirs is much sharper,” he said. “They’re taking advantage of what we have learned.”

This proves investments in missile development vs buying expensive fighter jets were better suited, as missiles in Iran's arsenal are proving to their adversaries that they can't expect an easy military confrontation with Iran. Iran's adversaries are also worried about the unknowns in Iran's military capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom