What's new

Russians Use Iranian Anti-Armor Guided Missiles

lydian fall

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Russian forces reportedly used Iranian-made guided missiles to strike Ukrainian targets.

The missiles appeared to be Iranian-made clones of Russian Kornet, called Dehlavieh.
The Dehlavieh is an Iranian version of the Russian 9M133 Kornet anti-tank guided missile. It is an anti-armor guided missile developed by the Defense Industries of the Ministry of Defense and Armed Forces Support.

According to Iran’s state media, Dehlavieh has an effective range between 100 and 5,500 meters. Dehlavieh missile is resistant to all types of electronic warfare by using a highly advanced laser guidance system.
Dehlvieh missile weighs 22.7 kg, of which 6.8 kg is allocated to its two-stage warhead, and can penetrate 1,200 mm of armor. If the night vision system is used to fire this missile, its range will be reduced to a radius of 3,500 meters.

FuxkqDfWcAE8DVo.jpg

The Iranian anti-tank missile systems have a different color scheme for their launch containers and can be easily distinguished from the Kornets by the red stripe on the front. Russian systems have no such markings.

Dehlavieh 3 anti-tank guided missile, the longest-range Iranian anti-tank missile

Sunday 20 February 2022 - 19:49

Dehlavieh-3-missile-EN.jpg

During the unveiling ceremony of 10 new defense systems of Iran Ministry of Defence and Armed Forces Logistics (MODAFL) on February 13th, the Dehlavieh-3 anti-tank guided missile was unveiled.

Examining the appearance of the Dehlavieh-3 ATGM and comparing it with the 9m133M-2 Kornet-EM missile, it can be seen that the Dehlavieh-3 is almost completely similar to the Russian model.

The 9m133M-2 missile with a maximum range of 8,000 meters is the longest-range man-portable anti-tank missile in the world, and now Iran’s MODAFL has introduced the Iranian version of this missile into mass production. Earlier, the missile was seen for the first time in 2021 during the visit of the Chief of Staff for the Armed Forces of Iran, Major General Sardar Bagheri to the Exhibition of achievements of the Iranian Ministry of Defense in Tehran.

Dehlavieh 3 anti-tank missile in the exhibition of achievements of the Ministry of Defense in 2021
The 9m133M-2 missile has the strongest warhead of anti-tank missiles in the world in terms of penetration, and its warhead is equivalent to 10 kg of TNT, and its warhead can penetrate up to 1300 mm in rolled steel.

In this unveiling, a version of Dehlavieh 3 anti-armor missile, which is similar to the 9m133FM-2 model, was also unveiled with a red body. This version of the missile intended for use against light armored vehicles, personnel, field fortifications and buildings with thermobaric warhead.

Dehlavieh 3 anti-tank missile with thermobaric warhead
Dehlavieh 3 missile (9m133m-2 Kornet EM) specifications:
Range: 8000-150 meters
Armor penetration: 1300-1100 mm
Maximum speed: 300 meters per second
Missile weight (including container): 31 kg
Missile tube length: 1210 mm

but because of its erratic flight pattern it have higher than normal miss
also its too heavy to be called man portable
I think Russia has purchased version 3.

And believe me for an special force 30 Kg is nothing. I have seen an special froce an anti riot one that lifted a man of almost 80 Kg with one hand and dragged him then threw him on his motorcycle. With 1 damn hand!

No one has reported a miss for this ATGM so far.

Iran gives Russia relevant weapons, but didn t receive one S-35 for now. Iran must respect themselves.

Dehlavieh 3 anti-tank guided missile, the longest-range Iranian anti-tank missile

Sunday 20 February 2022 - 19:49

Dehlavieh-3-missile-EN.jpg

During the unveiling ceremony of 10 new defense systems of Iran Ministry of Defence and Armed Forces Logistics (MODAFL) on February 13th, the Dehlavieh-3 anti-tank guided missile was unveiled.

Examining the appearance of the Dehlavieh-3 ATGM and comparing it with the 9m133M-2 Kornet-EM missile, it can be seen that the Dehlavieh-3 is almost completely similar to the Russian model.

The 9m133M-2 missile with a maximum range of 8,000 meters is the longest-range man-portable anti-tank missile in the world, and now Iran’s MODAFL has introduced the Iranian version of this missile into mass production. Earlier, the missile was seen for the first time in 2021 during the visit of the Chief of Staff for the Armed Forces of Iran, Major General Sardar Bagheri to the Exhibition of achievements of the Iranian Ministry of Defense in Tehran.

Dehlavieh 3 anti-tank missile in the exhibition of achievements of the Ministry of Defense in 2021
The 9m133M-2 missile has the strongest warhead of anti-tank missiles in the world in terms of penetration, and its warhead is equivalent to 10 kg of TNT, and its warhead can penetrate up to 1300 mm in rolled steel.

In this unveiling, a version of Dehlavieh 3 anti-armor missile, which is similar to the 9m133FM-2 model, was also unveiled with a red body. This version of the missile intended for use against light armored vehicles, personnel, field fortifications and buildings with thermobaric warhead.

Dehlavieh 3 anti-tank missile with thermobaric warhead
Dehlavieh 3 missile (9m133m-2 Kornet EM) specifications:
Range: 8000-150 meters
Armor penetration: 1300-1100 mm
Maximum speed: 300 meters per second
Missile weight (including container): 31 kg
Missile tube length: 1210 mm

I think Russia has purchased version 3.

And believe me for an special force 30 Kg is nothing. I have seen an special froce an anti riot one that lifted a man of almost 80 Kg with one hand and dragged him then threw him on his motorcycle. With 1 damn hand!

No one has reported a miss for this ATGM so far.
The missile and launcher together are north of 50kg that's why I say they are more suited for quads and tacticals than being used as man portable weapons . That's why in 2006 war with Israel Hezbollah abandoned so many of them when their forces were changing their position . And that is for a short period that guy can't repeat that task all over the day

go and dig up the thread about the war in the pdf , there are enough video of kornet left behind and fall in the hand of Israel to satisfy your Curiosity.

So you have nothing concrete to substantiate your claim with. Also I am not curious at all, my concern is to keep you from spreading disinformation.

but because of its erratic flight pattern it have higher than normal miss

Document this claim with evidence.

Last edited:

Russian forces reportedly used Iranian-made guided missiles to strike Ukrainian targets.

The missiles appeared to be Iranian-made clones of Russian Kornet, called Dehlavieh.
The Dehlavieh is an Iranian version of the Russian 9M133 Kornet anti-tank guided missile. It is an anti-armor guided missile developed by the Defense Industries of the Ministry of Defense and Armed Forces Support.

According to Iran’s state media, Dehlavieh has an effective range between 100 and 5,500 meters. Dehlavieh missile is resistant to all types of electronic warfare by using a highly advanced laser guidance system.
Dehlvieh missile weighs 22.7 kg, of which 6.8 kg is allocated to its two-stage warhead, and can penetrate 1,200 mm of armor. If the night vision system is used to fire this missile, its range will be reduced to a radius of 3,500 meters.

FuxkqDfWcAE8DVo.jpg

The Iranian anti-tank missile systems have a different color scheme for their launch containers and can be easily distinguished from the Kornets by the red stripe on the front. Russian systems have no such markings.

In all my years, I've never seen the red band on a Russian Kornet before.

Only in Iran we've seen this red band at the end of the container for the Thermobaric make.

Similar to the yellow tri-band that we see on the legs of a Toophan (BGM-71 TOW),

More than enough evidence to me about where the origin of this container is.

So you have nothing concrete to substantiate your claim with. Also I am not curious at all, my concern is to keep you from spreading disinformation.
no it means i'm not doing your job for you

Document this claim with evidence.
the last time when hezbollah misse an israeli jeep while it was strolling and gave tho soldiers time to scatter

no it means i'm not doing your job for you

It means you have nothing to substantiate the claim, only empty talk.

the last time when hezbollah misse an israeli jeep while it was strolling and gave tho soldiers time to scatter

Source? Also that doesn't prove your sweeping assertion anyway. Try much harder.

Last edited:
The missile and launcher together are north of 50kg that's why I say they are more suited for quads and tacticals than being used as man portable weapons . That's why in 2006 war with Israel Hezbollah abandoned so many of them when their forces were changing their position . And that is for a short period that guy can't repeat that task all over the day
Possibly you have mistaken their remotely controlled ATGMs shown in Iranian TV channels with abandoned missiles. Hezbollah never lost any assets to Israel, on the contrary it is most probable that Hezbollah had captured Israeli weapons since it was Israelis that retreated from Lebanese soil and left many things behind.

Possibly you have mistaken their remotely controlled ATGMs shown in Iranian TV channels with abandoned missiles. Hezbollah never lost any assets to Israel, on the contrary it is most probable that Hezbollah had captured Israeli weapons since it was Israelis that retreated from Lebanese soil and left many things behind.
I don’t know about kornets, I actually have to agree I don’t recall anything about that and I was totally immersed in the 2006 war at the time only thing I can recall is hezbollah leaving behind older model saggers,grenades and rifles etc nothing of high value. Many of these were found in the so called nature bunkers where hezbollah would attack than disappear, maybe hack was referencing that.

Back
Top Bottom