What's new

Russians Use Iranian Anti-Armor Guided Missiles

Is the price cheaper than the Russian made ones? Is the capability and quality same as the Russian ones?
With no doubt Dehlavieh is cheaper than Russian made ATGM of same class. Iran has an inhouse production chain. Unlike Russia which enjoyed free international markets before Ukraine OP. The cost for RUssia would be much higher.

they abandoned tens of Kornet missile itself when they were changing their position. and Israel showed them on tv and made a lot of noise on media and some complaint to Russia about them.
like TOW the system is heavy and not suitable for rapid movement in front lines.
more suitable for firing at enemy from far away , if you want rapid movement with it you must mount it on a quad or tactical vehicle
They are all Syrian versions which possibly Syria had handed them over to Hezbollah. Basically Russian made, i don't know why you are trying to undermine the Iranian version of it. But for sure there is a reason that Russian frontline forces have opted for it. Cheaper, more trustworthy and more accurate.

You say that its accuracy is low, how do you know that they have tested it in close range on a target? Tests are usually carried out to examine the maximum range of a new missile. For example the Bavar AD missile was tested at 300+ KM which could cause failure in the process. But they did it to make confidence.

وزن موشک و پرتابگر آن بر روی هم ۲۷ کیلوگرم است

go and dig up the thread about the war in the pdf , there are enough video of kornet left behind and fall in the hand of Israel to satisfy your Curiosity.

Has nothing to do with Kornet. Ukraine has left behind hundreds of NLAWs when they retreat. They weigh next to nothing.

Saving personnel is much more important than a 10K anti tank missile. Which again some were left around sure, but HZ had to operate on speed and movement due to superior real time intelligence of IAF. Some areas were hit within 15-30 mins of HZ using them.

Iran told HZ they would replenish all supplies, so HZ was not under strict guidance on saving supplies. Iran followed thru as HZ arsenal was many times larger within 5-10 years of the war ending.

With no doubt Dehlavieh is cheaper than Russian made ATGM of same class. Iran has an inhouse production chain. Unlike Russia which enjoyed free international markets before Ukraine OP. The cost for RUssia would be much higher.

They are all Syrian versions which possibly Syria had handed them over to Hezbollah. Basically Russian made, i don't know why you are trying to undermine the Iranian version of it. But for sure there is a reason that Russian frontline forces have opted for it. Cheaper, more trustworthy and more accurate.

You say that its accuracy is low, how do you know that they have tested it in close range on a target? Tests are usually carried out to examine the maximum range of a new missile. For example the Bavar AD missile was tested at 300+ KM which could cause failure in the process. But they did it to make confidence.

وزن موشک و پرتابگر آن بر روی هم ۲۷ کیلوگرم است

not undermine , there is no difference between the two and no the weight of the missile is 27 , the weight with tube is 2kg and the weight of the tripod with firing unit is 34.7 overall weight is 63.7kg
its not man portable no matter if its Russian or Iranian or made by Hephasteus himself. the system is more suited to be installed on Quads or Tactical vehicles . its not suitable for front-line that the soldiers had to move constantly .
the russian don't use it in frontline , their version have a 10km range and they use it way behind front line , the one hezbollah get had a 5km range , the one we originally built also had 5km and the later variant that shown (not deployed) last year had 8km of range.
and i say we already have a better system in form of Almas that all system weight 21.5-26.8 kg that's a lot more portable .

the reporter of hsamshahri taught Kornet is an RPG and you can use it with only the tube so thats why they report the weight of the system as 27kg

Has nothing to do with Kornet. Ukraine has left behind hundreds of NLAWs when they retreat. They weigh next to nothing.

Saving personnel is much more important than a 10K anti tank missile. Which again some were left around sure, but HZ had to operate on speed and movement due to superior real time intelligence of IAF. Some areas were hit within 15-30 mins of HZ using them.

Iran told HZ they would replenish all supplies, so HZ was not under strict guidance on saving supplies. Iran followed thru as HZ arsenal was many times larger within 5-10 years of the war ending.
Iran could not replenish anything during the war as Israel bombed anything that was moving between Syria and Lebanon even refugees .
Hezbollah used all they had in stores during the war. and what was abandoned was in storages not the one in battlefield so it had nothing to do with israel supposedly superior intelligence don't forget that superior intelligence resulted in the fantastic scenario of firing 5000-6000 shell toward an area protected by 14 Hezbollah fighter and then fail to capture the position completely before pulling back

Last edited:
Iran could not replenish anything during the war as Israel bombed anything that was moving between Syria and Lebanon even refugees .

I did not say during. I said after. Iran was a major factor in rebuilding South Lebanon after the war. Iran knew this was going to be skirmish (short term conflict) rather than war of attrition thus the goal was to inflict damage.

Hezbollah used all they had in stores during the war.

No they did not lol. Most of the weapons fired during the war were simple unguided rockets of which HZ was thought to have tens of thousands. Tank warefare was a small part of the entire war and was mostly the small incursions that IDF made into Lebanon. But the high rate of casualties put a halt to any thoughts of a deeper incursion (which may have occurred). You seem to think the war was a major ground war when it was not. The war was mostly in the air (Israel via air strikes and HZ via rocket fire in the 500-1000+ per day which at the time was very impressive).

and what was abandoned was in storages not the one in battlefield

This is not true at all. Israel did not go too deep into south Lebanon. The stores you allude to were ones very close to the border that connected to the system of tunnels that HZ used to ambush IDF incursion forces. None of HZ main storage facilities in its strongholds were lost. Israel never came close to any major HZ stronghold. That is one reason Beruit took such a beating via air strikes because IDF said HZ was keeping ammo stores in residential areas.

so it had nothing to do with israel supposedly superior intelligence don't forget that superior intelligence resulted in the fantastic scenario of firing 5000-6000 shell toward an area protected by 14 Hezbollah fighter and then fail to capture the position completely before pulling back

That is nothing. Russia fires upwards of 20,000 shells a day into Bakhmut.

Most of Israel’s damage came via air strikes not artillery. They used satellites/drones to pick up the heat/thermal trails of the rockets that were launched. As well as launch air strikes on HZ targets and infrastructure throughout Lebanon.

No they did not lol. Most of the weapons fired during the war were simple unguided rockets of which HZ was thought to have tens of thousands. Tank warefare was a small part of the entire war and was mostly the small incursions that IDF made into Lebanon. But the high rate of casualties put a halt to any thoughts of a deeper incursion (which may have occurred). You seem to think the war was a major ground war when it was not. The war was mostly in the air (Israel via air strikes and HZ via rocket fire in the 500-1000+ per day which at the time was very impressive).
let rephrase it for you .
Hezbollah during the war only used what they had in storage . no weapon from foreign sources and as they were not aware how long the war will last , it was illogical for them to abandon their best ATGM on battlefield if it was logical for them to also transport them
and what air , israel used more than 30000 soldier against 2000 hezbollah fighter , the war included some heated clash that last for days no where israel soldier went that they didn't face resistance , then can you explain how it only was an air campaign ?
This is not true at all. Israel did not go too deep into south Lebanon. The stores you allude to were ones very close to the border that connected to the system of tunnels that HZ used to ambush IDF incursion forces. None of HZ main storage facilities in its strongholds were lost. Israel never came close to any major HZ stronghold. That is one reason Beruit took such a beating via air strikes because IDF said HZ was keeping ammo stores in residential areas.
still storages, not in a positions they were using to engage israel forces. those were system reserved for immediate use against israel attack
That is nothing. Russia fires upwards of 20,000 shells a day into Bakhmut.

Most of Israel’s damage came via air strikes not artillery. They used satellites/drones to pick up the heat/thermal trails of the rockets that were launched. As well as launch air strikes on HZ targets and infrastructure throughout Lebanon.
against several thousand fighter , not firing several thousands against 14-16 fighter in just 3 day

let rephrase it for you .
Hezbollah during the war only used what they had in storage . no weapon from foreign sources and as they were not aware how long the war will last , it was illogical for them to abandon their best ATGM on battlefield if it was logical for them to also transport them

I followed this war more closely than you. Time has hurt your memory and recollection old man. AT-4 was mostly used by HZ at the time as well as AT-5.

Hezbollah had the AT-14 during the 2006 Lebanon War, but only used it in limited numbers, likely waiting for Israeli forces to move farther into southern Lebanon and extend their supply lines. The AT-14 was demonstrably effective against Israeli Merkava tanks, and Israeli analysts worry that Russia-Hezbollah cooperation in Syria may result in the party receiving more AT-14s.6

and what air , israel used more than 30000 soldier against 2000 hezbollah fighter ,

More bad memory. 30,000 was claimed in the last few days prior to ceasefire in case it failed.

In reality it was 10,000 IDF and 1,000 HZ. Most of the IDF never even entered Lebanon. It wasn’t a major ground campaign after the initial assault units suffered heavy casualties and HZ was largely intact.

then can you explain how it only was an air campaign ?

It was mostly air campaign. Most of HZ deaths came via air. Most of the damage came via air. Most of the civilian casualties…..came via air.

still storages, not in a positions they were using to engage israel forces. those were system reserved for immediate use against israel attack

All the storages you showed pictures were in positions to attack Israeli soldiers. Check the map where the battles took place. The main Hezbollah stores were never used because the war never got there.

BTW HZ was estimated to have 15,000 rockets at start of war. It fired less than 4,000 in 60 days. Or less than 30% of its rocket arsenal. Now HZ arsenal is estimated to be over 150,000 rockets. Like I said, they were prepared for a longer war that did not occur, due to success in inflicting damage and disorganization to the enemy.

More bad memory. 30,000 was claimed in the last few days prior to ceasefire in case it failed.

In reality it was 10,000 IDF and 1,000 HZ. Most of the IDF never even entered Lebanon. It wasn’t a major ground campaign after the initial assault units suffered heavy casualties and HZ was largely intact.
not last days about the half way through the war and it won't change the fact israel used 30000 soldier against less than 2000 fighter
I followed this war more closely than you. Time has hurt your memory and recollection old man.

https://csis-website-prod.s3.amazon...tion/180705_Williams_HezbollahMissiles_v3.pdf
or probably due to the fact they were not that portable
now tell me what anti tank weapon hezbollah used the most and there is no photo of them falling in hand of Israel?
BTW HZ was estimated to have 15,000 rockets at start of war. It fired less than 4,000 in 60 days. Or less than 30% of its rocket arsenal. Now HZ arsenal is estimated to be over 150,000 rockets. Like I said, they were prepared for a longer war that did not occur, due to success in inflicting damage and disorganization to the enemy.
professor , they meant rocket like Kalibre-1 , Fajr-5, Grad and so not ATGM

grasping at straws.

Successfully trashing hollow rants you produce. And it's child's play, really.

Salar the magnificent super soldier who can carry 100kg of cargo in front line and run from position to position

Feeling okay? Or did you just a watch another Hollywood film last evening?

or probably due to the fact they were not that portable

If those seized weapons were part of some unmanned cache discovered by the enemy as I've been highlighting all along, then that onto itself says nothing about their portability. And so the inference you made was faulty indeed. Nice job debunking your own gibberish.

Last edited:
Successfully trashing hollow rants you produce. And it's child's play, really.
putting your head under the snow . i assume you understand what it refer to.
now go grasp at straws. you yourself admitted that even if i post 1,000,000 photo as evidence of what i claimed you would not accept it . i post two and you made some nonsense posts. so go and be like a certain poster from Palestine that attribute holiness and superhuman ability to Hamas , but instead of Hamas attribute them to Hezbollah. wonder what's the difference between a fanatic and one with such mindset?
Feeling okay? Or did you just a watch another Hollywood film last evening?
no I saw your post that you claimed Kornet is man Portable .
If those seized weapons were part of some unmanned cache discovered by the enemy as I've been highlighting all along, then that onto itself says nothing about their portability. And so the inference you made was faulty indeed. Nice job debunking your own gibberish.
sadly you have no understanding how much 63.5 kg weight and still think the holy hezbollah fighter can carry that amount of weight and run around the battlefield.
The mentioned weapon System is not man portable, no matter what you fantasize about it . Almas with around 25kg of weight is man portable

If i didn't know you, i would have said that you are trying to objurgate our defense achievements. I say night is dark, you still insist that its light as snow. Here you are :

Screenshot_20230510_134136.jpg

The launcher and missile together have a weight of 27 Kg in total. The war is not like you load missiles and launchers on the shoulders of 1 poor soldier and ask him to walk into the frontline. Every soldier of anti tank units carries an specified part of ATGM.

The 8 Km version is an air launched one. The man portable version has a range of 3,500 m at night and 5,500 m in light of day.

Israel cannot fight in multiple fronts, they avoided attacking Syria when they were engaged with Lebanon. Iran did not transfer heavy weapons but sent them aid through Syria.
not undermine , there is no difference between the two and no the weight of the missile is 27 , the weight with tube is 2kg and the weight of the tripod with firing unit is 34.7 overall weight is 63.7kg
its not man portable no matter if its Russian or Iranian or made by Hephasteus himself. the system is more suited to be installed on Quads or Tactical vehicles . its not suitable for front-line that the soldiers had to move constantly .
the russian don't use it in frontline , their version have a 10km range and they use it way behind front line , the one hezbollah get had a 5km range , the one we originally built also had 5km and the later variant that shown (not deployed) last year had 8km of range.
and i say we already have a better system in form of Almas that all system weight 21.5-26.8 kg that's a lot more portable .

the reporter of hsamshahri taught Kornet is an RPG and you can use it with only the tube so thats why they report the weight of the system as 27kg

Hezbollah used all they had in stores during the war. and what was abandoned was in storages not the one in battlefield so it had nothing to do with israel supposedly superior intelligence don't forget that superior intelligence resulted in the fantastic scenario of firing 5000-6000 shell toward an area protected by 14 Hezbollah fighter and then fail to capture the position completely before pulling back

If i didn't know you, i would have said that you are trying to objurgate our defense achievements. I say night is dark, you still insist that its light as snow. Here you are :

Screenshot_20230510_134136.jpg

The launcher and missile together have a weight of 27 Kg in total. The war is not like you load missiles and launchers on the shoulders of 1 poor soldier and ask him to walk into the frontline. Every soldier of anti tank units carries an specified part of ATGM.

The 8 Km version is an air launched one. The man portable version has a range of 3,500 m at night and 5,500 m in light of day.

Israel cannot fight in multiple fronts, they avoided attacking Syria when they were engaged with Lebanon. Iran did not transfer heavy weapons but sent them aid through Syria.
27kg is the weight of the kornet missile
the 29kg is the weight of the missile and tube .
63.5 kg is the weight of the missile plus tube plus tripod plus firing unit . instead of that wrong article why not look at other sources or you here claim that Iranian version of kornet has 40% of the weight of the russian version ?
its a simple google search

and no the 3km increase in range belong to Dehlavieh-2 your nomber is related to dehlavieh-1 which is based on export version of kornet , they improved the missile last year.
1683733135532.png

putting your head under the snow . i assume you understand what it refer to.

Your argument was proven to be irrational, cope.

now go grasp at straws.

That's you, not me.

you yourself admitted that even if i post 1,000,000 photo as evidence of what i claimed you would not accept it .

Read again. Those types of photographs are not offering any evidence for what you claimed.

i post two and you made some nonsense posts.

Wrong, I debunked your flawed inference with perfectly rational counters.

so go and be like a certain poster from Palestine that attribute holiness and superhuman ability to Hamas , but instead of Hamas attribute them to Hezbollah. wonder what's the difference between a fanatic and one with such mindset?

Again, no such thing in any of my posts. You have reading comprehension issues.

no I saw your post that you claimed Kornet is man Portable .

Oh, I did? Where exactly was that?

sadly you have no understanding how much 63.5 kg weight and still think the holy hezbollah fighter can carry that amount of weight and run around the battlefield.

I said nothing about this. But, nicely showed how your nonsense about those photographs "proving" HezbOllah abandoned Kornet launchers on the battlefield is just that, nonsense. Because those pictures do not "prove" any such thing.

The mentioned weapon System is not man portable, no matter what you fantasize about it . Almas with around 25kg of weight is man portable

Not my point. And no matter how much you go in circles, you made several incorrect deductions. Period.

Eventually Russia will import sticks and stones from Iran in hopes of winning the war. ;)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom