What's new

India raises concern over Russian attack copter sale to Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very good and timely deal for Pakistan.....dire need of helicopter.
To control terrorism a best UAV tech and Helicopter force is back bone. But Cobra is Cobra. Lots of countries still fail to develop Cobra 60s basic technology.

We Desperately need Mi35 for DSM's , I know of few operation which were called off due to lack of sufficient support firepower & inability to securing LZ.

I am not thrilled of Russia selling to Pakistan, it should offer better than just Mi-35s.

Recently Ukraine, Syria and Iraq via ISIS - Mi24/Mi35 were shot down by anti-aircraft rockets.

I am not thrilled of Russia selling to Pakistan, it should offer better than just Mi-35s.

Recently Ukraine, Syria and Iraq via ISIS - Mi24/Mi35 were shot down by anti-aircraft rockets.
Mi-35s can be equipped with ECM/Chaff/Flare systems. No reason Pakistan cannot get that.

12.7mm AA guns. Two helos in Iraq

Has any govt spokesman or any one confirmed this? if so can you guys please post a link?

I thought it was well protected even against 14.5 mm rounds that's why it ruled over Afghanistan before the stingers.

he US official also said that six Iraqi helicopters had been shot down and 60 damaged in combat between 1 January and the end of May. This represents a significant proportion of the Iraqi Army Aviation Command's assets. Another helicopter was shot down by a light anti-aircraft gun (LAAG) over Al-Saqlawiyah on 16 June; its two crew members were killed.

It is unclear what helicopters the Iraqis have lost, but militants have released footage shot using an infrared camera of heavy machine guns or LAAGs bringing down at least two Mi-24/35 combat helicopters carrying out low-altitude rocket attacks.

Iraqi Abrams losses revealed - IHS Jane's 360

India should not be concerned since they are for militants and for India we rather will buy Atak or WZ-10.Or rather go for a Indigenous effort to develop our own Attack helicopter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom