What's new

Don't sell helicopters to Pakistan, India tells Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan to Use Russian Mi-35 Helicopters to Fight Drug Trafficking

PARIS, June 18 (RIA Novosti) – Russia plans to supply Pakistan with Mi-35 combat helicopters to fight drug trafficking, head of the Russian delegation at the international defense and security exhibition Eurosatory 2014 Igor Sevastyanov said Wednesday.

“We are currently holding consultations. We are talking about Mi-35 helicopters, we plan to supply them at the request of the Pakistani anti-drug trafficking agency,” Sevastyanov said.

Head of Russia’s Rostec Corporation, a high-tech industrial producer and exporter, Sergei Chemezov earlier stated that supplies of military equipment to Pakistan are to resume, including Mi-35 helicopters. At the same time, a source in Pakistan’s foreign ministry told RIA Novosti that Russia never fully adhered to the embargo on military deliveries to Pakistan.

Indian mass media reported the Indian government felt some concern about Russia’s plans to sell military equipment to its long-time regional rival and will watch the next steps very closely.

At the same time Rostec stated that India has always been and still is Russia’s strategic partner in military cooperation in the region, “however expanding our activities to other counties in South and Southeast Asia has always been on the agenda and Pakistan is no exception.”

Russia has previously exported MI-35 attack helicopters, the export version of the MI-24, including to Iraq. The two countries signed a package deal on military technical cooperation in 2012, worth $4.3 billion.

Pakistan to Use Russian Mi-35 Helicopters to Fight Drug Trafficking | World | RIA Novosti

@blain2 Mentioned this as well.

Pakistan doesnt "run on aid" and as for the chopper deal it would come out of MoD budget - as does every single arms deal. You are sadly mistaken if you think any "aid" would go towards this hypothetical sale.
Well last batch of AH1' came free of cost of the EDA program from us

and do we need to procure more combat choppers...well hmm lets see, we're in the middle of fighting an insurgency - one in which PAF isnt always the most viable option!!

Which makes me wonder, why don't you guys just get free Heli's from US, you already operate them, you will save even more on training, maintenance etc. US has some OH58's tarped too.

I am not going to spoon feed you on it...... Kargil, IAF carried out operations inside it's own territory hence there was no confrontation between the two air forces.

'71? That is the best joke I'have ever heard!

Hahaha....
how old are u.... making such naive statement will not make any difference .
Old enough to remind you that apart from some ad hoc missions during the Kargil conflict, the IAF hasn't fired in anger since 1971.
We are talking about IAF V PAF,..and .since you consider my statements to be naive, kindly prove your brilliance in what do you have to show for the IAF's track record.

No official statement about to stop this deal from MEA.And here this guys is jumping.Our minister may shared concern but I dont believe in this cutting back that deal.

i guess russia will show middle finger to india and will say to them dont buy apache and other american toys ..and we will not sell helis to Pakistan

Well last batch of AH1' came free of cost of the EDA program from us

Us ? :o:

You're an American ? :unsure:

So if a Lakota and an American of Indian descent were sitting together - Who do you think ought to be called an American Indian ? :D

Old enough to remind you that apart from some ad hoc missions during the Kargil conflict, the IAF hasn't fired in anger since 1971.
We are talking about IAF V PAF,..and .since you consider my statements to be naive, kindly prove your brilliance in what do you have to show for the IAF's track record.
forget about Atlantique Incident , PAF dont able to see the MIG on their Radar, foget about switching on PAF planes engines.

Moreover , Next Day PAK , 3 Indian copter comes inside PAK align with journalist and took wreckage, then also PAF not able to intercept holes forget about MIG.

The Pakistani claim was untenable since the primary role of the Atlantique is for operations over the sea and that to carry out a training flight over land deep inside foreign territory was an indication of its use in a surveillance role and close to 10KM inside border.

IAF hit the Bird eye , with PAF sitting inside thanking itself for not engaging IAF.

If Pakistan were in India's position then they would do the same just like they oppose india's bid for permanent seat in UN.

i guess russia will show middle finger to india and will say to them dont buy apache and other american toys ..and we will not sell helis to Pakistan
lol Apache vs Mi-35 lol ... BTW , indian already develop its own Mi-35 therefor no need to buy more MI-35 form Russians. India is selling them , see if PAF have budget to buy those 2nd hand MI-35. lol

forget about Atlantique Incident , PAF dont able to see the MIG on their Radar, foget about switching on PAF planes engines.

Moreover , Next Day PAK , 3 Indian copter comes inside PAK align with journalist and took wreckage, then also PAF not able to intercept holes forget about MIG.

The Pakistani claim was untenable since the primary role of the Atlantique is for operations over the sea and that to carry out a training flight over land deep inside foreign territory was an indication of its use in a surveillance role and close to 10KM inside border.

IAF hit the Bird eye , with PAF sitting inside thanking itself for not engaging IAF.
wow what an achievement its like armed robbers killing civilians .. IAF shooting down a survillance plane that what ur khasi IAF got remember Kargil and stinger i hope that mig pilot is still alive to tell that tale to you indians

lol Apache vs Mi-35 lol ... BTW , indian already develop its own Mi-35 therefor no need to buy more MI-35 form Russians. India is selling them , see if PAF have budget to buy those 2nd hand MI-35. lol
my point was not comapring apache or MI - 35 but middle finger by Russia :P for ur close cooperation with their arch rivals

You sure , boy ? The Russians once sold us hundreds of JFT's engines despite all the concerns and protests and the difference is this time the deal was offered by them to Islamabad , if they didn't listen then , what hopes are there now ? .

Are you undermining the role of china in RD-93 purchase? Had it been purely pakistani, story could have been different, or there wont be any at all.

truly speaking Pakistan neither have quality nor quantity to withstand india in any form....so its better u people don't talk about it...

Truly speaking , this is getting really old and boring , we have the ultimate deterrent in the form of nuclear weapons in place , we can more than hold on our own in a conventional war and the last four confrontations showed that our neighbor dare not cross the border even when their countrymen are baying for blood . Op.Brasstacks , Op.Parakram , Kargil and Mumbai attacks come to mind where despite the intentions and the public opinion in favor , the Indians realized the threat and backed off . Apparently , your generals do not share your opinion about militarily insignificant Pakistan , a fact that most Indians have real difficulty in understanding and hence the same strange replies are given from time to time here .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom