What's new

Don't sell helicopters to Pakistan, India tells Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Indira Gandhi got her saree in a twist even back then and more recently the purchase of Jordanian aircraft sent Indian forums into a melt down...... that's the difference between quality and quantity. !!

Parheps you are the only one who understand you post. So enjoy!!!

And Indira Gandhi got her saree in a twist even back then and more recently the purchase of Jordanian aircraft sent Indian forums into a melt down...... that's the difference between quality and quantity. !!
truly speaking Pakistan neither have quality nor quantity to withstand india in any form....so its better u people don't talk about it...

its usually my policy that we dont post links of indian forum on here or discuss them much since they'll always spew venom and hatred for ANYTHING Pakistan related

but do PM me a few links, i'd be curious to see what theyre yapping about in their forums
Will try and dig up, man the readers comments in the Indian papers were even more hilarious, the poor Indian defence minister was being called everything under the sun.... one would get the impression as if he brokered the deal. :laugh:

Any official statements from GoI ?

i still remember when the indians were furious about the sale of Mar1 anti radiation missiles to Pakistan; that too just after they accused Pakistan if being complicit in the 26/11 drama

(the deal went ahead anyways)

truly speaking Pakistan neither have quality nor quantity to withstand india in any form....so its better u people don't talk about it...
Wrong , PAF quality decisively proven during last two conflicts, some polished trophies bear testament to that where as quantity has been the Indian forte, hence the Indians knee rattle at every Pakistan purchase.

Reactions: waz
Wrong , PAF quality decisively proven during last two conflicts, some polished trophies bear testament to that where as quantity has been the Indian forte, hence the Indians knee rattle at every Pakistan purchase.

And which were last to conflicts ? 1971 & Kargil ?

i still remember when the indians were furious about the sale of Mar1 anti radiation missiles to Pakistan; that too just after they accused Pakistan if being complicit in the 26/11 drama

Any official statements about this deal from GoI ? I heard none .

And which were last to conflicts ? 1971 & Kargil ?

I am not going to spoon feed you on it...... Kargil, IAF carried out operations inside it's own territory hence there was no confrontation between the two air forces.

why you ranting lot and chest thumping. .. you guys getting the choppers which we have decades of experience on them... lol... We will do whatever it takes to put Pak at bays... you guys believing they will dump India for soft loan batch...

Indian hatred for Pakistan is nothing less than a classic. We have received ToT with MAR-1 so we would be producing them like chicken :D

Pakistan to Use Russian Mi-35 Helicopters to Fight Drug Trafficking

PARIS, June 18 (RIA Novosti) – Russia plans to supply Pakistan with Mi-35 combat helicopters to fight drug trafficking, head of the Russian delegation at the international defense and security exhibition Eurosatory 2014 Igor Sevastyanov said Wednesday.

“We are currently holding consultations. We are talking about Mi-35 helicopters, we plan to supply them at the request of the Pakistani anti-drug trafficking agency,” Sevastyanov said.

Head of Russia’s Rostec Corporation, a high-tech industrial producer and exporter, Sergei Chemezov earlier stated that supplies of military equipment to Pakistan are to resume, including Mi-35 helicopters. At the same time, a source in Pakistan’s foreign ministry told RIA Novosti that Russia never fully adhered to the embargo on military deliveries to Pakistan.

Indian mass media reported the Indian government felt some concern about Russia’s plans to sell military equipment to its long-time regional rival and will watch the next steps very closely.

At the same time Rostec stated that India has always been and still is Russia’s strategic partner in military cooperation in the region, “however expanding our activities to other counties in South and Southeast Asia has always been on the agenda and Pakistan is no exception.”

Russia has previously exported MI-35 attack helicopters, the export version of the MI-24, including to Iraq. The two countries signed a package deal on military technical cooperation in 2012, worth $4.3 billion.

Pakistan to Use Russian Mi-35 Helicopters to Fight Drug Trafficking | World | RIA Novosti

I am not going to spoon feed you on it...... Kargil, IAF carried out operations inside it's own territory hence there was no confrontation between the two air forces.
--
Indian hatred for Pakistan is nothing less than a classic.

-i saw myself ... behavoiur of mod / member guy in kashmir thread..
we may hate pak establishment..
you went beyong classic to armagedon..
those who swim in ocean of hate cant acuse those in lakes

You are correct about the last line, there is a great game in Russia's mind, no doubt about it. Also, no such thing as " at the cost of India" or anyone for that matter. Modern day politics and alliances are not built at the cost of each other. Its strategic interest combined with business and profitability.
Russia is trying to be a weapons exporter like the US. They sold you SU's and Mig-29's, they sold SU's (and some models with TOT) to these Chinese. Similarly, what makes you think that they won't sell Pakistan anything else outside of these Choppers???? I think there is a LOT more to come.
The Russians are also very smart. They can see through the Indian game. They know that India is their customer (at a larger scale) for another ten years and then it'll be like "hey man, good to see you" type of a deal. So, they will open up their arms market to Pakistan. Read this and write today's date down. In the next 5 years or so, you'll see more defense agreements between the Russians and the Pakistanis (plus add China to the mix). Just like you said, this is a small step towards a huge block.
Also, you can't blame them. The US sells Israel all kinds of weapons. But then it sells weapons to the Arab states also.......why do you think the Russians won't do it, specially when India went pro-west already and Russia can use another weapons buyer and a strategically located country.....by making friends with Pakistan, they can in the future, potentially avoid any issues from Afghanistan's end from the West or secure their borders from this end. The other side is China and Iran, so they already enjoy warm relations with them. Very long term planning indeed with this move.

Brilliant Insightful post.

logo.png

Don’t sell helicopters to Pakistan: India to Russia
DC CORRESPONDENT | June 19, 2014, 07.06 am IST
Mi-35%20Russian%20military%20attack%20helicopter_AFP_0.jpg

Mi-35 Russian military attack helicopter (Photo: AFP)

New Delhi:
In the first high-level engagement with Russia after the BJP-led NDA government came to power, India has objected to the proposed sale of Mi-35 Russian military attack helicopters by Russia to Pakistan. Russia has so far not sold any weaponry in the past to Pakistan out of regard for Indian concerns and sensitivities on the issue and also because of the time-tested Indo-Russian strategic ties.

The issue was raised strongly by India during talks between external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj and Russian deputy PM Dmitry O. Rogozin. The issue was also understood to have been raised in a meeting between the visiting Russian dignitary and defence minister Arun Jaitley.

Russia has been the largest arms supplier to India. “The question regarding our defence cooperation and any issues that impact this in terms of our concern were raised,” MEA spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said.

Don’t sell helicopters to Pakistan: India to Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom