What's new

Don't sell helicopters to Pakistan, India tells Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok . I am not assuming any simplicity for none exist in global politics , just trying to put the point across that arms dealers sell to any and all parties as long as they get $$ , the statement of " we do not sell to your enemies " by the Russian ambassador to India isn't true .
--
accepted..
its more than business..
after crimia ...
Russia have new design in place ...
but certainly not at cost of the india
as i said .. india also mature country..
protest may be for tokeism ...for public
india is happy till they dont sell pak Su , T -90 and brahmos ,akula likes
when they put these on docks for pak .. then its REAL GAME
till its just piece of big game to unveil

Let me teach you then , the original order was for 100 RD-93 when the deal was signed in 2005 , with an option of 400 more . More orders to follow of course

You are not worth of teaching anybody let alone me. :lol:

The Russian permission to send the engines to Pakistan came in 2007, the original order was for China for 100 in 2005 that you are trying the deflect the argument to. Regardless of what you think the russians thaought while sending the engines to CHina, they explicitly prohibited re-export to Pakistan till 2007.

Till date Rusia has only given permission for 150 , when the rest if them come, then you can start counting your chickens.

Till then you should read more and refrain from trying to teach other people lest you run the risk of being laughed at publicly.:sarcastic:

Russia has officially sanctioned China to re-export aircraft engines to Pakistan. The permit revives the chance of supplying 150 China’s JF-17 fighter jets to Pakistan and the $238-million contract for delivering aircraft engines from Russia with the optional extension to $3.75 billion. In president’s administration, they don’t think deliveries will cloud military and engineering cooperation of Russia and India, which budget is estimated at $1.5 billion a year.

Under the contract with China, Pakistan will get 150 JF-17 Thunder (FC-1) fighter jets worth $2.3 billion overall. In 2005, Rosoboronexport made a $238-million contract with China to deliver for FC-1s a hundred RD-93 engines, spares to them and to provide maintenance.

Sorry Pakistan, no russian helicoters for you today.

Maybe go get some chinese maal, cheap and easy to get.

Oh don't you worry your head about our helicopter needs. Our "maal" will be coming soon....

T129_attack_helicopter_TAI_Turkish_Aerospace_Industries_Turkey_aviation_military_technology_640.jpg

You are not worth of teaching anybody let alone me. :lol:

The Russian permission to send the engines to Pakistan came in 2007, the original order was for China for 100 in 2005 that you are trying the deflect the argument to. Regardless of what you think the russians thaought while sending the engines to CHina, they explicitly prohibited re-export to Pakistan till 2007.

Till date Rusia has only given permission for 150 , when the rest if them come, then you can start counting your chickens.

Till then you should read more and try teaching other people lest you run the risk of being laughed at publicly.:sarcastic:

You can do a lot better with improving your spellings and grammar , rather than trying to score " brownie points " here . Comprehension skills can be next , since I didn't deny in my post that the permission for re-export came in 2007 , I posted about the order being signed in 2005 which declares the number of the engines to be supplied . The project was running under different names since the 90's , it isn't what I think about Russian thought , because it was common knowledge at that time . Even in 2005 , the Kremlin was very well aware of the primary user of the aircraft and where was it going to end up and considering that , they shouldn't have signed the order in the first place if the Indian usual concerns were a problem , for you had massive orders back then too , so what happened to your concerns back then to hope for any change for this deal? The bottom line is that the permission did come , despite all the protests from New Delhi , running around in circles isn't going to change that fact . Till date , we haven't required more than 150 and surely when we do , taking the global politics into perspective and seeing the Russian policy shift it isn't going to be a problem . Looking now , at the Russian themselves offering to sell helicopters to Islamabad and lifting the arms embargo without taking the Indians into confidence , we needn't count our chickens for the rest of RD-93's to come , you on the other hand need to ponder why exactly are the Reds warming up to Pakistan . But no that doesn't seem to be your strong suit , you can continue making childish arguments " No Russian helicopters for Pakistan today " without even knowing the origins of the Mi-35 deal , for that suits you better .

St Petersburg-based Klimov is focusing efforts on developing and upgrading the MiG-29's RD-33 turbofan and its offspring, the RD-93 for China's FC-1 single-engined fighter. A Chinese order for 100 RD-93s worth $270 million, with options for a further 400 engines, was signed in 2005. Klimov continues to work on extending the RD-93's TBO beyond the current figure of 600h. - FlightGlobal

--
its not so simple ...
Russia will not loose cake for peanuts..
India matter much more globally to russia ..
dont be so naive
they will sell to RD and sell us 5th genetation figter..
we are happy till we get BIG BOSSES and PRIMES OF RUSSIA
It may be that the Russians are trolling India because of selecting Rafale ....The gape is not to be filled by Pakistan ...by the way we did not ask for the choppers ....the Russians are offering us ...and don't forget they are under constraints ...they want some buyers ...You guys may carry on with some viola as usual :pakistan:

Now lets see,Whether russia will still Export it to Pakistan like rd-93 after the usual indian cry

Why should we stop the Russians from milking the Pakistanis? I'm with Russia on this. :D

The indians said the same thing when Pakistan's name came up on the user-end-certificates of the modded RD-93 engines (for JF-17 Thunder)

nothing materialized from that.

Since Russia ended the arms ban against Pakistan, the Russians can sell such hardwares to Pakistan. And quite frankly, these will be used primarily for COIN missions so the indians have little to fuss about. If it were one chopper or just one bullet, still they'd make noises but oh well what can ya do.

Why should we stop the Russians from milking the Pakistanis? I'm with Russia on this. :D

going by that logic they've been "milking you" since the time they were known as "Soviet Union"

--
accepted..
its more than business..
after crimia ...
Russia have new design in place ...
but certainly not at cost of the india
as i said .. india also mature country..
protest may be for tokeism ...for public
india is happy till they dont sell pak Su , T -90 and brahmos ,akula likes
when they put these on docks for pak .. then its REAL GAME
till its just piece of big game to unveil

why would Pakistan import MBTs or missiles when we are already manufacturing our own? Does it make any sense to you?

RUSSIA, need money cash.
In Future,
They cannot try to make CHINA, angry, because, they are main helper of Russian.
CHINA is mother of Pakistan.
They will help Pakistan in every case.
China is building Gwadar Port.
In Future . there Aircraft carrier will be stationed.
Might be Russian can used our port in Indian sea, which is Russian dreams from Stalin Time.

You sure , boy ? The Russians once sold us hundreds of JFT's engines despite all the concerns and protests and the difference is this time the deal was offered by them to Islamabad , if they didn't listen then , what hopes are there now ? .
Big difference the pressure for engines was from China. This time no China. Just explaining the difference.

Big difference the pressure for engines was from China. This time no China. Just ezplaining the difference.

At that time , we asked the Chinese to purchase Russian engines on our behalf for the jointly run project . This time , the Russians themselves are willing to sell helicopters to Pakistan having just ended the arms embargo , that is another major difference and honestly speaking , though its highly unlikely , if we ask Beijing to lobby for the deal ( assuming that the Reds suddenly take the concerns seriously and cancels it ) it will be done and knowing the state of Sino-Russian relations , I can expect a positive outcome for my country , hypothetical of course . But things have changed .

going by that logic they've been "milking you" since the time they were known as "Soviet Union"

We needed them and they saw that as an opportunity to sell their military equipment to us and make lots of money. Anything wrong with that? No. The question is, do you really need these helicopters or are you just buying them to extend a hand of friendship towards Russia? Remember your nation runs on aid and it's financial situation is rather precarious.

We needed them and they saw that as an opportunity to sell their military equipment to us and make lots of money. Anything wrong with that? No. The question is, do you really need these helicopters or are you just buying them to extend a hand of friendship towards Russia? Remember your nation runs on aid and it's financial situation is rather precarious.

Nah , we will put them in PAF Museum , Karachi for display and we need a whole squadron for that . Honestly , such intelligence ! :disagree: What exactly are you guys missing about the fact that Russians offered these helicopters to Pakistan?

if Russia will refuge we can always help u people. with our dhruv...and LCH.. u can have those, for ur ttp operations...they are good...:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom