What's new

India closely watching Russian move to sell attack helicopters to Pakistan

I would have liked to see you try to make it seem as if the Russians were desperate to sell to Pakistani's in some way and if you would have listed a few reasons for it.

Desperate ? No . Money driven ? Yes , just like any other supplier on the Planet Earth . I would have liked better defense for the RD-93 deal beyond the usual ' Chinese were going to use it ' or the ' Russians didn't have no idea ' , I see here .

Desperate ? No . Money driven ? Yes , just like any other supplier on the Planet Earth . I would have liked better defense for the RD-93 deal beyond the usual ' Chinese were going to use it ' or the ' Russians didn't have no idea ' , I see here .

That was the only plausible reason - why would I come up with something else - I never said the Russians didn't know that the chinese intend to sell it to Pakistan or half the world. Their sale to India and China is both monetary and for a reason.

As I said, I would have liked to see you come up with some fancy reasons why the Russians were desperate to sell to Pakistan other than what they actually did - that is sell it to their original client - the Chinese.

That was the only plausible reason - why would I come up with something else - I never said the Russians didn't know that the chinese intend to sell it to Pakistan or half the world. Their sale to India and China is both monetary and for a reason.

As I said, I would have liked to see you come up with some fancy reasons why the Russians were desperate to sell to Pakistan other than what they actually did - that is sell it to their original client - the Chinese.

If Russians allowed it back then , surely it wouldn't come as a surprise , this deal right ? Money's the only fancy reason in this world if you are looking for that and a big order for engines with the potential to turn into a much bigger deal as the project grew would have have tempting for Rosoboronexport . The sale did occur , regardless of the reasons , whether fancy or not .

India is co-funding/developing the Indian variant of the PAK-FA i.e. the FGFA. I don't think they are worried about some attack helicopters that are really only appropriate for anti-insurgent roles.

Russia has already said it will not sell "game changing weapons" to Pakistan. It's a case of business i.e. $40 billion worth...

If Russians allowed it back then , surely it wouldn't come as a surprise , this deal right ? Money's the only fancy reason in this world if you are looking for that and a big order for engines with the potential to turn into a much bigger deal as the project grew would have have tempting for Rosoboronexport . The sale did occur , regardless of the reasons , whether fancy or not .

It's good that you stuck on with the monetary aspect and didn't come up with something fancy - in that particular deal - the monetary aspect was driven by the Chinese (not by Pakistan) to the Russians, and our objection was returned back on that criteria as well.

Though this particular consideration for supply of copters could be because of Russia's interest in Afghanistan and their apprehensions wrt the Taliban.

India is co-funding/developing the Indian variant of the PAK-FA i.e. the FGFA. I don't think they are worried about some attack helicopters that are really only appropriate for anti-insurgent roles.

Russia has already said it will not sell "game changing weapons" to Pakistan. It's a case of business i.e. $40 billion worth...
I think they worry even if Pakistan buys a fire cracker

It's good that you stuck on with the monetary aspect and didn't bother coming up with something fancy - in that particular deal - the monetary aspect was driven by the Chinese (not by Pakistan) to the Russians, and our objection was returned back on that criteria as well.

Rationalization isn't something I have been interested in , there was and always has been a single user for RD-93 , the buying party was irrelevant in the wider picture as it had to merely pass the engines , the doctrine of " we do not sell to your enemies " was violated and some would say in broad daylight , Russians actually had made the sale to Pakistan knowing fully well where they were to end in . A simple protest symbolic in nature of course , made with Beijing after the sale would have sufficed and given you a better defense here , instead of feeble and weak , we do not interfere in each other's sales .

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom