What's new

India closely watching Russian move to sell attack helicopters to Pakistan

findability-magnifying-glass.jpg

Hahahaha thats exactly what i was thinking

How does Pakistan intend to pay for these? Chinese and US weapons at least come on aid or soft loans.

Cash , I am sure . Why would Kremlin be interested in selling it otherwise ?

India should take this deal not an issue for her sovereignty...why Russian ambassador to India declaring "under pressure statements" about this deal? Pakistan needs these heli's not for india but for her internal non-state combatants

Cash , I am sure . Why would Kremlin be interested in selling it otherwise ?

Any RFP's issued? what are the requirements, no's....etc?

India should take this deal not an issue for her sovereignty...why Russian ambassador to India declaring "under pressure statements" about this deal? Pakistan needs these heli's not for india but for her internal non-state combatants

Because it may open the door for more and more defense sales?.

i dont know why india is so much curious about Pakistan-Russian Expected deal...? Pakistan is already buying weapons from different countries so whats wrong with Russia...

i dont know why india is so much curious about Pakistan-Russian Expected deal...? Pakistan is already buying weapons from different countries so whats wrong with Russia...

Because interests collide - because they are our strategic partners and our largest defense suppliers - because we overwhelmingly use Russian systems - because there is a danger of proliferation?

Just an interest shown in purchasing the helicopters by Islamabad and in selling them by Kremlin . Though , the deal appears likely .

No definite required nos?

I doubt it, they will need to convince India on it though.

Pakistan has been buying much more sophisticated equipment from Russia long before this. The only difference is that it did not get announced since the UAC was still in its formative years and regulatory practice in Russia is not as strict as in the US. Private Russian firms will sell for the Dollar happily regardless of how many Indian heads bang their door.

Because interests collide - because they are our strategic partners and our largest defense suppliers - because we overwhelmingly use Russian systems - because there is a danger of proliferation?

Proliferation of what?

Pakistan has been buying much more sophisticated equipment from Russia long before this. The only difference is that it did not get announced since the UAC was still in its formative years and regulatory practice in Russia is not as strict as in the US. Private Russian firms will sell for the Dollar happily regardless of how many Indian heads bang their door.

Looks like Indians haven't even raised an objection yet.

Proliferation of what?

Of tech that we use - proliferation wasn't the right word.

We will ask you to pay for them. :) ;)

Pakistan has enough money to buy a couple of helicopters if not a full squadron.
Nah. The deal if it happens will be bigger and beyond military hardware. May be Russia is eying a warm water port in Pakistan as well. Gwadar for China, Karachi for Russia. Russia is not going to change its international relationship policy for a small sale

No definite required nos?
I doubt it, they will need to convince India on it though.

You were convinced when they wanted to sell RD-93 to Pakistan ? OR the argument will be the same that the Russians weren't aware of engines ending up in JFT or that the engines were sold through China ?

We will ask you to pay for them. :) ;)

Pakistan has enough money to buy a couple of helicopters if not a full squadron.
Nah. The deal if it happens will be bigger and beyond military hardware. May be Russia is eying a warm water port in Pakistan as well. Gwadar for China, Karachi for Russia. Russia is not going to change its international relationship policy for a small sale

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom