What's new

India closely watching Russian move to sell attack helicopters to Pakistan

Looks like Indians haven't even raised an objection yet.

Of tech that we use - proliferation wasn't the right word.

They wont yet. At least until the deal looks like its really going to go through.

And what tech do you use in the Mi-35 that has already not been checked out?
I wont give too much secrecy to the Tgting tech or the ATGMs.

Nah. The deal if it happens will be bigger and beyond military hardware. May be Russia is eying a warm water port in Pakistan as well. Gwadar for China, Karachi for Russia. Russia is not going to change its international relationship policy for a small sale

Pakistanis have been sold bigger items than this helicopter by the Russians , maybe you do not know about it . I do not believe that as a reason to start making ridiculous arguments or engage in mental masturbation .

You were convinced when they wanted to sell RD-93 to Pakistan ? OR the argument will be the same that the Russians weren't aware of engines ending up in JFT or that the engines were sold through China ?

It wasn't a direct sale and frankly without it - there were no Chinese fighter jets taking off. It was very difficult to control.

How does Pakistan intend to pay for these? Chinese and US weapons at least come on aid or soft loans.

Pakistan recently sold trainer aircraft to Iraq in 80-90 Million dollars, and from this money they bought Jordanian F-16's. I guess Indians and Ignorance both go hand in hand. If we have to buy Russian weapon we will buy it from our own money

Pakistanis have been sold bigger items than this helicopter by the Russians , maybe you do not know about it . I do not believe that as a reason to start making ridiculous arguments or engage in mental masturbation .

What is the purpose of many Indians on certain days at PDF then? They might as well shut their computers and go to sleep. :p:

It wasn't a direct sale and frankly without it - there were no Chinese fighter jets taking off. It was very difficult to control.

Which jets are you referring to?

Of course not , why would it be ? After all , we do not sell weapons to your enemies , the argument always has been , right ?

They wont yet. At least until the deal looks like its really going to go through.

And what tech do you use in the Mi-35 that has already not been checked out?
I wont give too much secrecy to the Tgting tech or the ATGMs.

I am sure delegation after delegation from Pakistan landing up in Moscow isn't only interested in a few transport heli's. The pak are looking at a wider coop, and intend to start somewhere.

What is the purpose of many Indians on certain days at PDF then? They might as well shut their computers and go to sleep. :p:

Which jets are you referring to?

The JF17.

But , how would you pay for it ?

Honestly speaking , I may be seeing the same post in different wordings for over a year now . Possibly , if the country is intending to buy something , it may have a way of paying for it , common sense dictates .

I am sure delegation after delegation from Pakistan landing up in Moscow isn't only interested in a few transport heli's. The pak are looking at a wider coop, and intend to start somewhere.

The JF17.

They started right after the breakup of the Union.

I see the old crap of "Chinese jet" is still being floated around. Despite clear and public interviews now available. Perhaps a visit to the JF-17 information pool is in order before the Chinese jet ideal is repeated.

Of course not , why would it be ? After all , we do not sell weapons to your enemies , the argument always has been , right ?

Russia has a wider sale with China and frankly the engine was technically going into a Chinese plane, the engines were also going to the chinese - so we couldn't do anything about it.

They started right after the breakup of the Union.

I see the old crap of "Chinese jet" is still being floated around. Despite clear and public interviews now available. Perhaps a visit to the JF-17 information pool is in order before the Chinese jet ideal is repeated.

As I said in my post - "wouldn't have flown at the point of time" - the chinese didn't have an engine then.

Just an interest shown in purchasing the helicopters by Islamabad and in selling them by Kremlin . Though , the deal appears likely .

The Russians taking pressure from Beijing ? You sure ?

why not? Russia china signed a massive gas deal of 400 billion$. Russia is desperately trying to diversify to avoid hard impact of western sanctions. Russia in recent few months lost a lot of bargaining power. China can buy cheaper gas from Turkmenistan at 220$/mcm. Russia sells at 350$/mcm . Likewise Qatar sells at 280$/mcm.Plus Russia will be forced to intervene in Ukraine soon,considering that NATO sponsored puppets are doing genocide in Slavyansk. Then Russia will face full brunt of sanctions and likely ,Russia will get China to pick up the slack to armtwist EU.

Obviously ,Russia cannot afford to displease China ,as china is helping it diversify and exit the petro dollar system. So China's bargaining power is much more higher than russia. Plus china has 32 nm indigenous chips (longson ),West has 17 nm(intel,amd) and russian elbrus is desperately trying to catch up in Chip fabrication(as of now 65 nm). Obviously ,Russia needs china more now. Especially on economic front. Plus it has to keep central asia secure .Likely Taliban will create trouble ,so pakistan is needed to control them so that central asia be not destabilised.

I don't know what we are getting so worked up about. We buy stuff from the USA and they don't ask us. Then why should we ask them about whom they want to sell?

I don't know what we are getting so worked up about. We buy stuff from the USA and they don't ask us. Then why should we ask them about whom they want to sell?

The noticeable point is Indians haven't even raised an objection.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom