What's new

India closely watching Russian move to sell attack helicopters to Pakistan

But , how would you pay for it ?

Honestly speaking , I may be seeing the same post in different wordings for over a year now . Possibly , if the country is intending to buy something , it may have a way of paying for it , common sense dictates .

Sell drugs.. east. Highly refined , pure Heroin in trade for cash and Heroines(although those usually come for free anyway :lol:).

A better way and legal way to raise the capital is to justify them via CSF or FMF for terrorism, or by reducing corrupt practices in the military such as the pointless purchase of luxury vehicles, huge official residences, commissions.. etc.

Russia has a wider sale with China and frankly the engine was technically going into a Chinese plane, the engines were also going to the chinese - so we couldn't do anything about it.

As I said in my post - "wouldn't have flown at the point of time" - the chinese didn't have an engine then.

The Russians knew then that it was joint project.. its been in the loop since the 90's for christ's sake!
The deal came because the Chinese pay more to the Russians than they care for the Indians protests for.. rather diddly squat.
The Su-27 series in China still sticks to the AL-31.. the J-10 uses it.. and many other items. India protesting on RD-93s fell on deaf ears.

What is the purpose of many Indians on certain days at PDF then? They might as well shut their computers and go to sleep. :p:
hmm.. M masturbation or going to sleep. are these the only viable options from a Pakistani Point of view ;) ?

The Russians knew then that it was joint project.. its been in the loop since the 90's for christ's sake!
The deal came because the Chinese pay more to the Russians than they care for the Indians protests for.. rather diddly squat.
The Su-27 series in China still sticks to the AL-31.. the J-10 uses it.. and many other items. India protesting on RD-93s fell on deaf ears.

You haven't said anything differently than what I said.

Why is there a reason to be concerned? The Russian want to make profit, like ANYONE ELSE!

We rejected to buy more Russian helos in favour of the Apache and the Chinook... so they need customers.
The French sold subs to the PN, the Americans sold F 16s to the PAF and yet we do make business with them and have good relations (the current thing with the US has nothing to do with Pakistan though).

But the point is that the Russians are not ready to share the kind of technical know how with Pakistan as with India, any deal will not even come close to the FGFA project and thats just one of countless deals.

You haven't said anything differently than what I said.

Nope, what I see you inferring to is the JF-17 being the primary Chinese jet not being able to fly. Where in reality the focus was never on the RD-93 sale but the much larger AL-31, Su-30.. Mi-17 and so on.. sales that leave the RD-93 purchase meagre in comparison. The JF-17 was NEVER at an issue on what engine it would fly with since the late 90s.

Nope, what I see you inferring to is the JF-17 being the primary Chinese jet not being able to fly. Where in reality the focus was never on the RD-93 sale but the much larger AL-31, Su-30.. Mi-17 and so on.. sales that leave the RD-93 purchase meagre in comparison. The JF-17 was NEVER at an issue on what engine it would fly with since the late 90s.

I was replying to secur simultaneously on when he mentioned about RD93. The chinese jets depended on Russian engines - no way India is in a position to stop defense sales or export or re export of it to china and from china to anyone.

Neither are the Chinese - both are mutually exclusive clients.

Last edited:
Russia has a wider sale with China and frankly the engine was technically going into a Chinese plane, the engines were also going to the chinese - so we couldn't do anything about it.

Even if I were to accept the argument that the Kremlin didn't know that Chinese do not really intend to put the engines in any Jxx aircraft , it doesn't still change the fact that the aircraft in which the RD-93 were to be utilized primarily by the Pakistan Air-force , in a joint venture , under which the said aircraft were to be first assembled and then built in Pakistan . That is a later argument , why you couldn't do anything about it , I am talking about the former , why didn't Kremlin do anything about it ? Something even small as maybe a symbolic protest registered with Beijing as to why the aircraft were sold to Islamabad ?

Even if I were to accept the argument that the Kremlin didn't know that Chinese do not really intend to put the engines in any Jxx aircraft , it doesn't still change the fact that the aircraft in which the RD-93 were to be utilized primarily by the Pakistan Air-force , in a joint venture , under which the said aircraft were to be first assembled and then built in Pakistan . That is a later argument , why you couldn't do anything about it , I am talking about the former , why didn't Kremlin do anything about it ? Something even small as maybe a symbolic protest registered with Beijing as to why the aircraft were sold to Islamabad ?

You have to consider a wider picture - we have our own programs running with the russians - the chinese have theirs running with the russians, they want it to be exclusive of each other. The chinese dont have a say in what russia supplies to us and we dont have a say in what they buy (or sells ahead).

You have to consider a wider picture - we have our own programs running with the russians - the chinese have theirs running with the russians, they want it to be exclusive of each other. The chinese dont have a say in what russia supplies to us and we dont have a say in what they buy (or sells ahead).

Lets just say that is one way to put it . What you must understand though is that we do not sell to your enemies is nothing beyond symbolic word and a goodwill gesture , the Russians will make money just like any other supplier and yes , even if it means selling to Islamabad .

What extent there lies of human ability to rationalize the truth ? :D

Lets just say that is one way to put it . What you must understand though is that we do not sell to your enemies is nothing beyond symbolic word and a goodwill gesture , the Russians will make money just like any other supplier and yes , even if it means selling to Islamabad .

That's the only way to put it.

That's the only way to put it.

I have no intention to make you believe that Russians knowingly and willfully sold military hardware to Pakistan and will continue to do it in the future , seriously none . Remember you did try to stop the sale , what was the Kremlin's response again ?

Which variant you use and what role they are used in??

We use the Mi-35M variant. Locally, we call the helicopters as AH-2 Sabres.

They are deployed in the Amazon region which is a prime location for trans-national narco-terrorists and drug traffickers. They operate in conjunction with Brazil’s Embraer land and ground surveillance jets (R-99/E-99) together with the COIN aircraft Super Tucanos and other local assets.

I have no intention to make you believe that Russians knowingly and willfully sold military hardware to Pakistan and will continue to do it in the future , seriously none . Remember you did try to stop the sale , what was the Kremlin's response again ?

I would have liked to see you try to make it seem as if the Russians were quite desperate to sell to Pakistani's by hook or by crook in some way and if you would have listed a few reasons to justify it.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom