What's new

India closely watching Russian move to sell attack helicopters to Pakistan

Rationalization isn't something I have been interested in , there was and always has been a single user for RD-93 , the buying party was irrelevant in the wider picture as it had to merely pass the engines , the doctrine of " we do not sell to your enemies " was violated and some would say in broad daylight , Russians actually had made the sale to Pakistan knowing fully well where they were to end in . A simple protest symbolic in nature of course , made with Beijing after the sale would have sufficed and given you a better defense here , instead of feeble and weak , we do not interfere in each other's sales .

What are you driving at - that the Russians were desperate enough to sell it to Pakistan over and above our objection? I don't have a problem if that's what you believe in. The statement that they would never sell it to our adversary was a marketing gimmick, them selling to China makes that statement ridiculous anyways.

The real picture with the RD 93 sale is that it solely happened because the Chinese technically were the buyers, I dont think the Russians would have ignored our objection if Pakistan had proposed to buy it directly - and that's how it was.

The real picture with the RD 93 sale is that it solely happened because the Chinese technically were the buyers, I dont think the Russians would have ignored our objection if Pakistan had proposed to buy it directly - and that's how it was.

Rationalizing the truth to make the it acceptable to the mind is ancient , almost as old as the Homo Sapiens themselves .

Rationalizing the truth to make the it acceptable to the mind is ancient , almost as old as the Homo Sapiens themselves .

You haven't given me a reason or logic to think otherwise. So I will go with the rationale rather than some fancy reason.

no it want :D...btw i seldom notice my number of posts...

you re going with good pace...one day you will be Air Marshal of this prestigious forum ..:enjoy:
Yeah I'm on a vacation in PK right now so I have nothing but time and after joining PDF, I barely log into Facebook or Surf around the web like a lost soul like I used to. Its all PDF these days :pdf::pdf::pdf:

Chinese pressure.
Did you really just say that?

Guys, did he really just say that?

--
Buying attack helis are an urgent requirement for the army aviation corps, it's old cobra helis are to costly to maintain (due to their age), and newer situations require newer capabilities, thus a new modernized heli is needed.

If Pakistan is to buy from Russia, it's probably going to be a strop gap until Pakistan has cash for a more modern system, such as the T-129.

Yeah, more accurately from a Pakistan PoV on certain Internet Indians. They seem to demonstrate only those abilities here.
well, one sees others as one sees himself. I always say ;)

The Fennec was the preferred helo and anyway the latest news is the whole deal is to be re-tendered so moot point bro.

There is nothing left to be re-tendered. Simply put, we have lost a lot of time and the new government's point is to fast track acquisitions. Kamovs will be joining the Army Aviation.

u definitely need a bunch of both attack and transport heli's.

Why no chinese heli's in the procurement list?
Because Mil mi 24 Hind are Tested in Afghan terrain. Plus they have ability to transport SSG Units as well. Gunship Plus transport is what we need. For COIN ops its perfect, But Chinese Helis Lack both points. Let the Z10 Harbins Mature

Because Mil mi 24 Hind are Tested in Afghan terrain. Plus they have ability to transport SSG Units as well. Gunship Plus transport is what we need. For COIN ops its perfect, But Chinese Helis Lack both points. Let the Z10 Harbins Mature

I agree - it's an ideal heli for your COIN ops.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom