What's new

Don't sell helicopters to Pakistan, India tells Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
If true then I would like to thank India, for a change. I'd rather we invest in the Z-10 or ATAK with ToT and co-development. In the meantime we must demand that the US provides us cobras and apaches from Afghanistan instead of taking them back, to aid us in our war. Also, I want the GoP to request as many drone strikes as possible.

If true then I would like to thank India, for a change. I'd rather we invest in the Z-10 or ATAK with ToT and co-development. In the meantime we must demand that the US provides us cobras and apaches from Afghanistan instead of taking them back, to aid us in our war. Also, I want the GoP to request as many drone strikes as possible.
please dont mention ATAK.. they are having fits over Mi-35.. ATAK will make them go nuts

Latest news coming on DAWN news channel, that Russian Government has approved the supply of Mi-35 Gunship helicopters to Pakistan...!!!!

Last edited:
so, what if we need 32+ countries...no one is self sufficient.... everyone helps and takes help from other...
if these can help u...then u can use it..thats all, i am saying...
the thing is india was never ur enemy .but u desperately made it... india has always maintained its stance on terrorism .. but u people kept denying..and now if LCA & LCH can help u ..u should use it...they are good platform...

dont worry pal... send em... if with a good intention we will let me leave... if with a wrongful one.. we will place them in the aviation place in Karachi... ?

[quote="gslv mk3, post: 5815632, member: 141599"]Usual BS debunked already.If you want to discuss about Dhruv,go to Indian Defense Forum.

Can't even ? When did a turboprop trainer became the pinnacle of Aerospace technology?

And the same country develops 4++ gen fighters & combat helicopters,I guess you know. And it has developed several general aviation aircrafts as well.

We have developed what we needed even back in the 50s .And our IJTs & trainers have already served us for decades.And if we get the official go ahead for making a turboprop trainer,we would still do it .And before mocking India,think about your own aerospace industry,and what it is capable of.[/quote]

Like the one where i posted original sources of the equipment,designs etc used to "Assemble" the dhruv helicopter? come on .. i knoq you very will...

Like the one where i posted original sources of the equipment,designs etc used to "Assemble" the dhruv helicopter? come on .. i knoq you very will...

The one in which your arguments were proven wrong.Don't worry I would bring it up soon ( or start a new thread ) with more info.Spare this one please.

It seems Indian establishment has no trust on his armed forces, even supplying few helo can defeat Indian army......What a sad scenario . Indian new it very well these helo for anti insurgency and Pakistan in dire need of these helicopter. But it seems they don't want stability in the region. Instead they want to see terrorism keep hurting Pakistan until it accept Indian regional hegemony.
Again guys stop repeating Turk and Chinese attach helo song.

you win

your Tejas has 100% crash free record on floats. as long as it will stay on ground it will never crash. since MKI has crashed so it makes Tejas even better

0651_main.jpg

Another gem 17 years still project is shaky.
Another HAL's IJT crash lands on its belly. project in trouble.

Pakistan to Use Russian Mi-35 Helicopters to Fight Drug Trafficking | World | RIA Novosti

PARIS, June 18 (RIA Novosti) – Russia plans to supply Pakistan with Mi-35 combat helicopters to fight drug trafficking, head of the Russian delegation at the international defense and security exhibition Eurosatory 2014 Igor Sevastyanov said Wednesday.

“We are currently holding consultations. We are talking about Mi-35 helicopters, we plan to supply them at the request of the Pakistani anti-drug trafficking agency,” Sevastyanov said.

Head of Russia’s Rostec Corporation, a high-tech industrial producer and exporter, Sergei Chemezov earlier stated that supplies of military equipment to Pakistan are to resume, including Mi-35 helicopters. At the same time, a source in Pakistan’s foreign ministry told RIA Novosti that Russia never fully adhered to the embargo on military deliveries to Pakistan.

Indian mass media reported the Indian government felt some concern about Russia’s plans to sell military equipment to its long-time regional rival and will watch the next steps very closely.

At the same time Rostec stated that India has always been and still is Russia’s strategic partner in military cooperation in the region, “however expanding our activities to other counties in South and Southeast Asia has always been on the agenda and Pakistan is no exception.”

Russia has previously exported MI-35 attack helicopters, the export version of the MI-24, including to Iraq. The two countries signed a package deal on military technical cooperation in 2012, worth $4.3 billion.

Thread cleaned. Please carry on without insults. Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems like Russia has OKed the sale. According to TV news Russian Foreign Ministry has informed GoP about the decision.

I don't see what the fuss is about...
I mean hell, India is purchasing weapons from whoever they wish without giving consideration to the Russian interests...
Now the tables turn...why should Russia care for our interests?

The point is, national security is top priority...India is doing the right thing by opting for the best it can afford and not playing into geo-strategic implications for the same...the russians have the right to look after their own interests too...fair game I say!!
Though I will say this, India should continue protesting....if thats all it takes to put pressure (being that it has worked in the past), why not..minimal loss! No harm done even if nothing comes off it...

Good for Pakistan,I think Its hyperbolic news reporting regarding concerns about Attack heli sale .India now looking forward to replace all the soviet era hardware with Indigenous and Best Technology available in market.For Example:
Yesterday We finally gave green signal for Mass production of Indigenous Akash SRSAM for ARMY replacing obsolete Pechora system.Akash ready for induction into Army: DRDO - The Hindu
>Today we test Fired ASTRA BVRAAM for 3rd time within One month and after few more tests ,it will ready to get inducted by IAF for replacing R 77M then also Astra Mk2 is getting ready for year end test.
>Similarly Apache and LCH will replace Mi 25/Mi 35
>R73 will be replaced by Derby

The last biggest hardware purchased by India is INS Vikramaditya it seems. As PAK FA is pretty much cancelled by India(Per many reports),so is MTA.

The only issue is that Russian tech was cheap and rugged and India was able to equip its forces economically. Western tech is expensive. Contrary to common perception, India does not have infinite amounts available to replace all the Russian gear with Western hardware. It is wishful thinking. Just like the US, Russians will supply to both India and Pakistan and both sides will use a mix of equipment.

The only issue is that Russian tech was cheap and rugged and India was able to equip its forces economically. Western tech is expensive.
Some of them were, some of them weren't. Some of the cheaper Russian stuff cost a lot to maintain, and the availability was also low. (mig-29 v/s mirage). That is why India is now looking at total life cycle costs these days, and not just the upfront cost.

But yes, the overall cheapness of Russian arms did enable us to field a substantially large military. In future, I suppose we will buy hardware based on many factors, like who would help us most to develop our industrial capabilities (Arihant, FGFA), who has the best thing to offer (apache, P-8I), who can provide a sanction proof item (Rafale) etc. It's not about buying the cheapest anymore.

But yes, as you say India cannot afford all its equipment to be western.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom