India raises concern over Russian attack copter sale to Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
India on Thursday raised its concerns over Russia’s move to sell its Mi35 attack helicopters to Pakistan. The issue was raised by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj during her meeting with visiting Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry O Rogozin.

Russia, which supplies 60 per cent of India’s arms imports, had last week spoken about its willingness to supply the attack helicopters to Islamabad. “The question regarding our defence cooperation and any issues that impact this in terms of our concern were raised,” an MEA spokesperson said.

Last week, Russian Ambassador to Pakistan Alexey Dedov has announced a possible sale of the attack helicopters. “Pakistan has expressed its interest in buying MI-35 helicopters and we have shown our willingness to provide them,” he had said.

India raises concern over Russian attack copter sale to Pakistan | The Indian Express

l2014061954568.jpg

The Deputy Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation, Mr. Dmitry O. Rogozin calling on the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, in New Delhi on June 19, 2014.:coffee:

We also thought you are our brother, why don't you give it to us on soft loan ? In short we don't have money.

and are u expecting russia to give M35 on soft loan?

I believe that if the Kremlin offered these helicopters to Pakistan , they must have thought about it carefully not to undo the deal due to the Indian concerns at the last moment , there's been a policy shift towards Islamabad . The way I see it , these concerns will go the same way as the RD-93 .

I thought Pakistani were our brothers :( why not go for T-129?

MI-35s are for our special forces. T-129s are very expensive, we are short of cash and need attack helis urgently to kill TTP scum, while TAI won't be able to deliver them to us in time due to Turkish Army orders. T-129 can replace our cobras inshallah.

I thought Pakistani were our brothers :( why not go for T-129?

Inshallah we'd go for the T-129s for our conventional forces to replace or supplement the Cobras as soon as we have more money, this menace of terrorism dies down a bit & our concerns about the US sanctioning the T-129s because of the engine gets solved ! :)

Right now the Mi-35s are to be procured for COIN as it allows us to carry troops & because it enjoys commonality with some other Russian origin helicopter (Mi17 I think) that we already use for troop transport !

Its curious that Indians won't say WHAT their concern is.

Their concern is that they are losing influence over Russia.

Russia is being pushed into a corner by the West, and they are looking to rebalance to Asia, like with our recent Sino-Russian $400 billion mega-gas deal with them (with much more to follow).

It will be good for Pakistan to ignore the American hysterics, and start buying Russian military platforms. This will benefit both Pakistan and Russia.

India should also be happy with Russia expanding their influence in Asia, instead of feeling insecure and complaining about it.

Their concern is that they are losing influence over Russia.

Russia is being pushed into a corner by the West, and they are looking to rebalance to Asia, like with our recent Sino-Russian $400 billion mega-gas deal with them (with much more to follow).

It will be good for Pakistan to ignore the American hysterics, and start buying Russian military platforms. This will benefit both Pakistan and Russia.

India should also be happy with Russia expanding their influence in Asia, instead of feeling insecure and complaining about it.

yes u are right,recently i read somewhere else that,regions war is going on right now,russia supporting pakistan and china so pak & china take hold on asia,(note) Recently Russia and China Sign Deal to Bypass U.S Dollar
on other hand america and europe supporting india so india will take hold on asia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom