What's new

BAN vs PAK | Worldcup Match | 5th July | Discussion

Losing badly against WI and washout against Sri lanka was the reason we did not made it to semi..matches against WI and India was not good but overall great performance considering terrible series before world.cup
I know, I'm just saying, the way Pak is playing today with agression, the top 3 teams would most likely prefer that NZ is at no.4 IMO

While the rules (number of wins and NRR) is set for fair assessment of each team throughout the tournament, i guess no one would have expected 2 teams to be at the same final point for qualification, with 1 team very much in form getting knocked out and the other team so out of form qualifying

Too much talk about Bangladesh.. Well we showed them whose the boss out here... Anyways fakhar, hafeez and Malik needs to go. Rest of our team is fine.

Stupid sarfraz opted for ball wheh he won the toss against both Ind and AuS. Our runrate would had been better if we had batted first even in case of both defeats.
Sarfraz should go as well

He dont contribute anything to team..should work on hasnain

Bowling first after wining toss against both AuS and Ind was serious blunder. Sarfraz should give explanation regarding it.

Poor weak Bangladesh looses another wicket, partnership broken!

I know, I'm just saying, the way Pak is playing today with agression, the top 3 teams would most likely prefer that NZ is at no.4 IMO

While the rules (number of wins and NRR) is set for fair assessment of each team throughout the tournament, i guess no one would have expected 2 teams to be at the same final point for qualification, with 1 team very much in form getting knocked out and the other team so out of form qualifying

Hence my point from day 1 that India, England, NZ and even Australia are hesitant from facing resilient and tough unit playing Pakistan!

Its the fear of failure to face a united Pakistan and temper all methods to avoid facing Pakistan in Semis as Pakistan on day can beat any side. It just clearly feels that way now.

New zeland was lucky that williamson played long innings in intial matches to got victory for New zeland and we had stupid shoib playing in early matches for us. No team lost any match as badly as we did against WI and we should have known that run rate might count in later stages

Bowling first after wining toss against both AuS and Ind was serious blunder. Sarfraz should give explanation regarding it.
The biggest reason for Pak finding form in the later part of tournament is dropping Hasan Ali and backing up Shaheen, Shaheen didnt bowl well against Aus since he was probably pressured, and if I remember correctly they went with Hasan vs Ind and dropped Shaheen, Hassan have not understood English condition and length and was getting smacked all over, Shaheen learnt it quickly and it made the difference in the results of the following matches, Pak team and management should have prepared their team in advance, not in the middle of the world cup

Hence my point from day 1 that India, England, NZ and even Australia are hesitant from facing resilient and tough unit playing Pakistan!

Its the fear of failure to face a united Pakistan and temper all methods to avoid facing Pakistan in Semis as Pakistan on day can beat any side. It just clearly feels that way now.
:rofl:

Brilliant from Shaheen Shah Afridi!

Youngest ever bowler 19 years old to take 5 Wicket haul in all Worldcups !!!

:dance3::pakistan::dance3:

Bangladesh have been a really strong side in the whole tournament, Pak about to beat them by almost 100 runs is a big statement, I dont think anyone would have expected Pak to dominate BD this way

Bangladesh have been a really strong side in the whole tournament, Pak about to beat them by almost 100 runs is a big statement, I dont think anyone would have expected Pak to dominate BD this way

Bangladesh just got blown up by Pakistanis today.

I wonder if they require another Pakistani group stage defeat performance like 1999 to get back to some form as a better team. Bangladesh just got exposed by clinical deadly performance by Pakistan.

BAN needs 104 runs off 46 Balls.

Yeah, right... very strong team that wasn't able to qualify to semis. Only weak teams got into semis..

document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', function () { // Create the CSS for the popup var style = document.createElement('style'); style.innerHTML = ` /* Style for the popup */ .popup { display: none; /* Hidden by default */ position: fixed; z-index: 999; left: 0; top: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; overflow: auto; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8); /* Black background with opacity */ } .popup-content { position: relative; background-color: #fff; margin: 15% auto; padding: 20px; width: 80%; max-width: 600px; box-shadow: 0 5px 15px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); } .close-btn { position: absolute; top: 10px; right: 25px; color: #aaa; font-size: 28px; font-weight: bold; cursor: pointer; } .close-btn:hover, .close-btn:focus { color: #000; text-decoration: none; cursor: pointer; } `; document.head.appendChild(style); // Create the HTML for the popup var popup = document.createElement('div'); popup.id = 'videoPopup'; popup.className = 'popup'; popup.innerHTML = ` `; document.body.appendChild(popup); // Show the popup when the page loads popup.style.display = 'block'; // Get the close button var closeBtn = document.querySelector('.close-btn'); // Close the popup when the user clicks on the close button closeBtn.onclick = function () { popup.style.display = 'none'; var iframe = document.getElementById('youtubeVideo'); iframe.src = iframe.src; // Stop the video from playing } // Close the popup when the user clicks anywhere outside of the popup window.onclick = function (event) { if (event.target == popup) { popup.style.display = 'none'; var iframe = document.getElementById('youtubeVideo'); iframe.src = iframe.src; // Stop the video from playing } } });
Back
Top Bottom