What's new

Pak vs New Zealand: Worldcup 2019 Critical Match

Let's talk about chances.

England's remaining matches:
1- Next against India: Eng must win.
2- Against NZ: NZ must win.
England on 10 points after round matches.

Sri Lankan remaining matches:
1- Against SA : SA should win.
2- Against WI : WI wins
3- Against IND : SL must win

SL on 8 points.

Bangladesh remaining matches:
1- Against IND : Bangladesh must win
2- Against PAK : Pakistan must win.

Bangladesh on 9 points.

India's remaining matches:
1- Against WI : WI must win
2- Against Eng: Eng must win
3- Against BAN: Bangladesh must win
4- Against SL: SL must win

India remain on 9 points.

Joke apart, India would probably will win 2 out of 4 matches, may be all. It would be difficult to catch them or NZ.
We should easily catch Bangladesh by beating them in last match.
Sri Lanka also look very difficult to qualify, they most likely lose against India, and may be one more team. Hopefully SA try to gain some pride and defeat SL. We can easily catch SL no doubt.
That leaves us with last team i.e. England with my divided loyalties. England is in a pickle all their 2 matches are very tough. They can lose both of them, even 1 losses for them would be enough for us to qualify.
But if they win 2 matches we are out.
my question?
what are our chances if we win our two matches and england win its two as well

Don't be smug, Pakistan could have squeezed both Australia and India, if they played with commitment like they did today.
India can get overturned by any team in the coming matches. If you look deeply Indian team is not extra ordinary. bit of pressure after losing the match would do wonders for loss of confidence.
You barely scraped against Afghanistan. Lots of questions asked about Afghan's commitment and in some circles about their honesty.
PAK vs. IND = PAK chose to field (bad decision due to apparent conditions in the stadium)

NZ vs. PAK = NZ chose to bat (bad decision due to apparent conditions in the stadium).

The game can slip from the hands of any team if it misjudge conditions in the stadium at the time of match.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't rule out the likelihood of IND storming into Semi Finals stage. Yes, IND struggled against AFG, but IND is a very high quality team at present (good in all aspects) and can defeat any side.

I see the 'possibility' of PAK, IND, NZ and AUS in semi finals now.

MASTER PLAN/THE SCRIPT

England have 8 points

(DONE)
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.svg.png
Australia vs England
23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
(We know Australia does owns England a bit)
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png
India vs England
England wins this
23px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png
New Zealand vs England
New Zeland beats England

India have 9 points

23px-WestIndiesCricketFlagPre1999.svg.png
West Indies vs India
(West Indies are in form and are very angry)
"PANIC MODE"
India vs England
England could beat India :coffee:
"Crisis MODE"
India vs Bangladesh
23px-Flag_of_Bangladesh.svg.png
Rain
"Media Frenzy "
23px-Flag_of_Sri_Lanka.svg.png
Sri Lanka vs India
Srilankan Spinners win it for Srilanka

Pakistan have 5 points (We just need to finish all 3 games with win 11 points)

(DONE) Pakistan vs South Africa , Pakistan wins
(DONE)
23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png
Pakistan vs New Zealand
23px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png
Pakistan wins :pakistan: (Simple plan Amir takes 5 wickets)
Afghanistan
23px-Flag_of_Afghanistan.svg.png
vs
Pakistan Pakistan wins :pakistan:
Bangladesh
23px-Flag_of_Bangladesh.svg.png
v
Pakistan Pakistan wins :pakistan:

Under this proposal

England : 10 Points
India : 10 Points
Pakistan : 11 Points
Srilanka : 11 Points

Australia , New Zeland , Pakistan , Sri Lanka for final 4
the script was ruined by afghanistan last 2 overs performance

Indeed, Afridi provided the breakthrough.

Also, NZ choosing to bat first on this pitch? Same blunder as in the case of PAK against india.
no it was the right decision..just they didnt played forst 10 hours good
had they played for 10-16 overs they would have easily gotten 280 which would have been impossible to chase

no it was the right decision..just they didnt played forst 10 hours good
had they played for 10-16 overs they would have easily gotten 280 which would have been impossible to chase
Actually NO. This stadium isn't a batting paradise and the pitch was facilitating spinning (bowling tricks).

Conventional wisdom was to commit to fielding after winning the toss. Williamson is a talented captain but I am not sure what he was thinking in this case. The pitch was less troubling to batsmen in 2nd half.

I think our match with afghanistan will be challenging as they defeated us in warmup match and also restricted india to 225 runs although they lost that match

Babar Azam 100, match winning innings , defined him and his elite class quality as top Pakistan batsman. Babar just turned 24 is a super duper star , a match winner in making. Haris is coming nicely with Shaheen.

I think our match with afghanistan will be challenging as they defeated us in warmup match and also restricted india to 225 runs although they lost that match

Stoo smoking hashish like those third class, 0 win Afghani Cricket team.

Pakistan have to maintain our Professional Attitude vs <Afghanistan> and <Bangladesh>

It is 100% possible English Will prepare a dodgy pitch if things get desperate
today's pitch was 100% dodgy for team playing first

Our Professionalism may be key vs Afghanistan
The game vs Bangladesh will be cracker but a game we can do well considering
Pakistani Bowlers know how many of Afghan batsmen play

Last edited:
Question for another day

Will India put out a weakened team against England ?
Why would it do that man? India prefers playing pak over eng in the semis...Eng doesnt play to their potential in this WC ...for me they are the second powerful team after india...Pak has never beaten india in a WC...playing india in semis will be a high pressure for pak..I am not saying pak cant defeat ind as anything can happen on a given day but the chances of India against pak will be much higher when compared to playing that of eng

PAK vs. IND = PAK chose to field (bad decision due to apparent conditions in the stadium)

Not so sure about it being a bad decision to field first, because I think not getting early wickets was the reason match got away from them. Kohli wanted to bowl first too. If Pak actually got Rohit to run out early that day, we might have had a close contest. Making decision at toss should be followed by proper execution , which they didn't do in that match

Edgbaston .high population of local Indians will turn up to watch India get smashed .

Same pitch ? English can not play spin .

Go on India
Joe root,morgan, stokes, bairstow, butler are all very good players of spin..in fact they play spin much better than many sub continent batsmen...Eng have beaten india 2-1 last year in an odi series(the only team to do that in the last 3 or 4 years before Aus beat us in india this year)...the ways of god are strange...pakistan will be praying for india this sunday

Don't be smug, Pakistan could have squeezed both Australia and India, if they played with commitment like they did today.
India can get overturned by any team in the coming matches. If you look deeply Indian team is not extra ordinary. bit of pressure after losing the match would do wonders for loss of confidence.
You barely scraped against Afghanistan. Lots of questions asked about Afghan's commitment and in some circles about their honesty.
Look deep and tell me why it's not the best squad of the tournament.

After a long long time, I was feeling confident watching a Pakistani middle order batsman bat. Haris Sohail has been a treat to watch. Pakistani openers and Babar Azam seriously need to run more between the wickets.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom