What's new

Worldcup Match: Pak vs WI - Today - Discussion & Views

If you want honest opinion, nobody rates the SA in this world cup.
They have too many problems. The balance of the team is not good. If Stein comes back they may improve a little on their bowling. The batting also look suspect. Amla is not what he was, they are trying to get Miller in, that would further disturb the balance of the team.
The older players look jaded. Batting, Bowling and fielding all look sub-standard, therefore, very little chance to qualify to semis.
But then cricket is a funny game.
At the moment, England, Australia, India and West Indies looking more like qualifiers to Semis.
You can substitute NZ for West Indies, if they perform well. I think they are very good team. There is a chance that Australia may be out and WI and NZ would be in top 4.
I think England and India would be in top 4 according to most analysts.
Personally, I don't think that India's bowling is that good.
NZ is very capable side, it performed brilliantly in the last WC.

Very good bowling attack + fielding from NZ; Sri Lanka under pressure (90 - 6; 4.54 run rate).

Last edited:
Appeal to overseas Pakistan who are at England stadiums to respect players, no abuses :

Saqlain Show.
I have seen very videos of Pakistani fans where they are mocking Pakistani players by shouting

" Sarfraz ne dhoka de diya"
" Nazrey nechi kar k kyoon ja rhey hoo ase kaam na karoo k nazer jukana parey"

but these taunting do nothing but just add extra pressure to players

I have seen very videos of Pakistani fans where they are mocking Pakistani players by shouting

" Sarfraz ne dhoka de diya"
" Nazrey nechi kar k kyoon ja rhey hoo ase kaam na karoo k nazer jukana parey"

but these taunting do nothing but just add extra pressure to players
i dont support the attitude of the crowd but there is a difference between getting defeated and getting humiliated. 11 consecutive losses. the longest ever in our entire cricket history. this is shameful. next match is against england and most likely we will lose it. these players and pcb get their pays from the govt so they are answerable to the general public for their third rate performance. winning and losing is part of the game but in this case it seems only losing is the name of the game.
there is no cohesion in the team, totally demoralized , young and old parchi players are there who dont deserve any place in the team . inzimam was a great batsman but had low iq and was a fool through out his carrier and now he is taking the shots in the selection board.

pcb should take up the case with icc " WI walay baray larkay lay aye thay. unki ball taiz or unchi ati thee"

i dont support the attitude of the crowd but there is a difference between getting defeated and getting humiliated. 11 consecutive losses. the longest ever in our entire cricket history. this is shameful. next match is against england and most likely we will lose it. these players and pcb get their pays from the govt so they are answerable to the general public for their third rate performance. winning and losing is part of the game but in this case it seems only losing is the name of the game.
there is no cohesion in the team, totally demoralized , young and old parchi players are there who dont deserve any place in the team . inzimam was a great batsman but had low iq and was a fool through out his carrier and now he is taking the shots in the selection board.
But getting mocking from fans will demoralized them even further so such hostile attitude of fans would not be helpful considering that its just start of WC and 9 games still left to play. One day series 3-2 against SA in south Africa was not bad result. Pakistan lost against Australia in UAE because of poor strategy of PCB to give rest to all main players and trying new faces just before world cup. Series against England was not one sided and most matches were very close and competitive but Pakistan could not cross finishing line. Pakistan has no option now but just to play with what they have got and I am sure they also play with intent to win ..fans should wait until world cup finish and then they can yell , scream and insult players/team etc

But getting mocking from fans will demoralized them even further so such hostile attitude of fans would not be helpful considering that its just start of WC and 9 games still left to play. One day series 3-2 against SA in south Africa was not bad result. Pakistan lost against Australia in UAE because of poor strategy of PCB to give rest to all main players and trying new faces just before world cup. Series against England was not one sided and most matches were very close and competitive but Pakistan could not cross finishing line. Pakistan has no option now but just to play with what they have got and I am sure they also play with intent to win ..fans should wait until world cup finish and then they can yell , scream and insult players/team etc
this is nothing new for pak. our performance in WC in 2003, 2007 and 2015 was also dismal. got kicked out in 1st round. the nation is used to this. things never get changed. after this WC we will see change of coach and selectors and then will also produce same poor results. CT was a big fluke otherwise we have only one world class player and that is babar azam. rest all are club level cricketers. and future is not very bright either. just look at the performances of our main domestic tournament , the psl, which produces players for the national level and all those who perform well at psl simply fail at international level. hassan ali,wahab riaz and hussnain were the best bowlers there and they are pretty ordinary at international level. akmal brothers were the highest run scorers but they fail miserably at international level. our domestic structure is rotten and is not producing players who can compete at international level. chotay chotay bowler who have no pace, swing and bounce and chotay chotay batsmen who cant face bouncers. we will be at no 9 or 10 in this world cup.previously we had some good spinners but now we have only shadab in the whole country. england took a new bowler in the tournament archer and the whole world is talking about his bowling performance and we took hasnain and shaheen afridi and they are miserable.

NZ is very capable side, it performed brilliantly in the last WC.

Very good bowling attack + fielding from NZ; Sri Lanka under pressure (90 - 6; 4.54 run rate).

Yah NZ just demolished SL in the end. Winning by 10 wickets dayum.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom