What's new

BAN vs PAK | Worldcup Match | 5th July | Discussion

Well done to both teams. Despite the big margin loss, Bangladesh have undoubtedly improved in recent years. Will be interesting to see how their newer generation takes over now that they have several senior players who will retire in the coming years

To Pakistani fans, please celebrate with grace. The terrible loss to WI and rained out SL game cost us a top 4 spot but under the circumstances the team did well to bounce back. This is far from the best Pakistani side I have seen (unlike the 99 team as some others have pointed out) so honestly them coming 5th is quite a decent performance.

Malik, hafeez and even Fakhar will be out from this time moving forward. So there is an urgent requirement for an opener and middle order batsman in the team. Abid Ali will be in, not sure about malik and Hafeez replacement. P. S Asif Ali is not an option for me. He is 20-20 cricketer only.

We need to search for solid openers. After Saeed Anwar's departure we never really found genuine openers who can face the new ball. It is an art. We need new openers.

Fakhar lacks temperament. He is a good agressive strokemaker, but doesn't likes to only operate in boundaries. It doesn't work like that. Sometimes you need to grind it out with doubles and singles. Our openers need to learn the art of finding gaps and rotating strike.

Imam has disappointed. He lacks technically. Send him to first class cricket to first learn the basics.

Last edited:
We need to search for solid openers. After Saeed Anwar's departure we never really found genuine openers who can face the new ball. It is an art. We need new openers.

Fakhar lacks temperament. He is a good agressive strokemaker, but doesn't likes to only operate in boundaries. It doesn't work like that. Sometimes you need to grind it out with doubles and singles. Our openers need to learn the art of finding gaps and rotating strike.

Imam has disappointed. He lacks technically. Send him to first class cricket to first learn the basics.

Opener imam ul haq and sharjeel khan.

D-umak0U0AADBb7.png:large

Well played pak. Be proud of the team. Just live you got lucky in 92 and survived because of rain, this time rain in an easy match eliminated you. Well that is sport or life or what you may call it. But I think you beat 2 semi finalists unlike nz who list to 2 and did not play one.
Good place to rebuild from here. All the best

One of the great finds for Pakistan - Shaheeen Shah Afridi 6 wickets demolished Bangladeshi right and left. Wickets Out flying everywhere! Brilliant bowler!

Babar Azam a master class player!

:pakistan::pakistan:
Glad to see a good fast bowler...but somehow many pak bowlers end up injured and dont have a smooth career...lets see what happens with this k8d

now I wish England win the world Cup . I like Indian team and players but most indian fans would be very cocky after winning the world cup :D
I want eng to win this cup...they have been playing some good cricket...they are way above the other teams tbh..they deserve to win.
My second fav team is aus...has anyone even in their wildest dreams thought aus would reach semis 5 months ago?
My third fav team is india...NZ doesnt deserve to win the cup...but i will be glad for them if they win for the first time...in fact i would not mind any team winning WC except pak and BD

Was nice hearing Wasim Akram talking about Shaheen's figures being the best for a left arm Pakistani. The greatest left arm bowler giving you that kind of a complement must be amazing especially in a WC game.

I want eng to win this cup...they have been playing some good cricket...they are way above the other teams tbh..they deserve to win.
My second fav team is aus...has anyone even in their wildest dreams thought aus would reach semis 5 months ago?
My third fav team is india...NZ doesnt deserve to win the cup...but i will be glad for them if they win for the first time...in fact i would not mind any team winning WC except pak and BD
Its best chance for England .Its now or never. Sky sports UK is going to telecast final live on free view channel if England manage to get into final ..Australia already won world cup many times so I think ENGLAND or NEW ZELAND should get this time but wishes aside India and Australia are two top consistent team at the moment so beating them would not be easy especially if these team win toss and put big score on board

I wish England or NZ win it . England cz they haven't won it yet and this is their best world cup team , NZ cz they were hard done in last world cup , played all of their matches in NZ and only final in Australia against Australia , that was a bit unfair to them

Need few changes , fakhar should be absolutely thrown out. He is shyt batsman.Flop
Overall good performance Pakistan cricket,try hard next time

If we had a more optimistic opening

25 ball 50 or 50 ball 100 , we were in business unfortunately

Our openers need to play lot of dot balls to settle in they lack the ability to be aggressive from first ball

For me, we performed well. Haven't reached semis on run rate only.. Getting 11 points and beating teams like England and New Zealand deserve respect.

But our childish attitude loses all the respect we earn..

I was not in the favor of blaming India for our failure.. Many Pakistanis were supporting India in that match.. it felt like we are kind of selfish people.. when time comes, hum gadhay ko bhi baap bana laitay hain..

Phir not giving the deserving respect to English team and giving too much credit to India by saying that India lost deliberately.. as if India is some kind of god of cricket on Earth which only can be beaten when it wants..

And today, we are acting like we have won the world cup... disrespecting the opposition.. knowing that Allah saved us from humiliation against Afghanistan.. warna abhi apna ganda sa munh le ke baithay hotay
100% agreed!

Back
Top Bottom