What's new

UAE Mirage to PAF and SH to IAF Extract

Thank you MastanKhan for giving us the picture of today's PAF..
I do not understand why some of the nations like Vietnam/Indonesia/morocco/Algeria are getting their hands on some serious good stuff they have ease in procuring platforms oh include Thailand too while what in the hell with the PAF in procuring a right platform why is our policy narrow and short term? I've asked this question with no satisfactory answer to why PAF doesn't have a long term plan in procuring a right fight platform true multirole to get over with once and for all atleast for 2 decades in good number. I've heard enough about no funds i see how funds are distributed on making villas and and kid getting mcse certificate with awards of up to 500,000 rupees and police catches a thief awards a million, Pakistan cricket wins a game awards of a million rupees each what a waste its their Jobs to do! why pay they get a steady income already. If everything is taking so long to integrate so be it than procure something too good doesn't matter if it takes longer we've lost to India when it comes to Air Force inventory, agree or disagree..now thaT the whole world is going for shopping of top stuff we are waiting for those 36 darn J-10s and F-16 had we ordered Rafale in the same time of 2012 we would have been able to integrate it rather to J-10 would be delivered in 2014/2015 and than the headaches of integrations till 2016/2017.. it is humiliating that counties like Thailand with gripens top notch/Vietnam with SU-30 and other nations having the same love bird su-30s and gripens and procuring rafale while we're stuck in the era thinking about funds to hell with fund people were dieing of hunger already for the past so many years what difference did Musharraf made with reducing the number of procurement of F-16s? with gripens avionics even superior to them..The question of the day is Does PAF has long term Plan for the air force or would it be like that forever a man comes on stage reads words from the papers "our air force is capable to defend her skies" all said Garbage!. We must enter serious discussions with Russia even if we have to apologize for Soviet war!

well unfortunately the govt doesent know how to generate money, because the people in the govt doesent know how to run their departments. they are too busy stealing crdt cards and shopping or taking bribes. the dept cannot function as their is no leadership. what ever money if any comes, gets divided among our hard working politicans from top to the bottom, so the armforces get nothing but who knows. its a never ending chain specially in pak an reason of our downfall.:pakistan:

^^ last time i heard on another forum that India had shown interest in the 72 mirages...can't say about SH..however Mirages will be a good plane to have as we are already flying about 50 of these...

Sir,
Ofcourse PAF doesnt have $4-5 billion to spend at this moment. Thats why all we can afford is JF-17s with soft loans from China. I dont think even if PAF were to consider the Mirages from UAE (for which there are plenty of reasons for PAF not to) they would come cheap.

Army Chief leaves for UAE

RAWALPINDI: Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani left for UAE on Saturday on a short working visit.

According to ISPR the Army Chief during his visit will meet His Highness General Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces and Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Executive Council.

I think MK2 will be discussed cause UAE has nothing right now which they can offer us interm of milatry hardware By the way Zardari also met the President. i wish its abt MK2..

25-21.jpg

We should not fall in the Mirage 2000 (Outdated low performance mirage trap)

We need to invest 4-5 billion dollars in our local Radar/Missile technologies and avionics

China is giving us J10B we can fit our own avionics if we invest in these now ....

Forget about Mirage 2000 or 3000

Its our time now ... to stand on our own feet

UAEAF will never sell their aircraft to PAF(increasing no. of ex-PAF instructors in UAEAF are being fired from their jobs for no reason). Overall the Mirage 2000 is a much better plane than F-16.(Source : PAF F-16 fighter pilots).

Good for PAF as they have their hands full of work. As per my info, we tested M2k back in 90s against f-7p who had the better of m2k in agility and found short of required parameters. the 2000-9 version is definitely ahead.

we don't have enough money to buy those...
the problem is not with the government of Pakistan,,the problem lies with the state of Pakistan...

So once again we are back to a useless thread oh man GOD help us.

Sir,
Of course PAF doesnt have $4-5 billion to spend at this moment. Thats why all we can afford is JF-17s with soft loans from China. I dont think even if PAF were to consider the Mirages from UAE (for which there are plenty of reasons for PAF not to) they would come cheap.

You guys forget that we are currently spending $4-5 billion on the new F16 package plus MLUs for existing F16s. We are also inducting other platforms including the SAAB and Chinese AEWAC worth more than a $1billion dollars. There will most probably be a follow-up F16 order. We should not buy the M2K even if we have the money. Only consider them if we get them on friendship prices

Kindly go to the 43rd of the 96 page pdf document here : Source

If the F-7P was found to be better than the M2K then why is there even talk of replacing them?

You will see that the M2K is way better than the MiG-21(F-7Ps cousin) in both instantaneous and sustained turn rates at all envelopes from S/L up to 40000ft.

It is better than the F-16s in instantaneous turn rates at all envelopes from S/L up to 40000ft.

However the F-16 is slightly better in sustained turn rates at all envelopes from S/L up to 40000ft.

Regards

Delta Wing aircraft's generally tend to have better instantaneous turn rates however keep in mind they bleed of energy pretty quickly so F16 would maintain better turn rate in a dogfight and will have more energy to perform maneuvers.

Last edited:
Delta Wing aircraft's generally tend to have better instantaneous turn rates however keep in mind they bleed of energy pretty quickly so in the F16 would maintain better turn rate in a dogfight and will have more energy to perform maneuvers.

Agreed.

The point I was trying to put across was that no way could a MiG-21 family, i.e. as well as F-7Ps (not the PGs however), design outperform an M2K (a relaxed stability FBW a/c) in agility provided the difference in the quality of the man behind the machine is not too high.

The author of the source document (on my prev post), in the subsequent pages, also terms the F-16s & M2Ks as "even" in maneuverability but both are greatly superior to the MiG-21s/23s.

Regards

at that point in time we need to rebuild the country after that we should be putting our noses infornt for J 10B which is twice the better plane to any Mirage ever produced and at half of the price with TOT and with ranges of weapons what you can ask for we have to wait for few months or years

at that point in time we need to rebuild the country after that we should be putting our noses infornt for J 10B which is twice the better plane to any Mirage ever produced and at half of the price with TOT and with ranges of weapons what you can ask for we have to wait for few months or years

Buddy, PAF is not able to buy UAE M-2000 fighter with any reason but how can you compare those reliable and proven jets with something which is still not produced and how are its capabilities , it will be known when PAF will be using it for few yrs.
If you still want to beat old drumps like other fan boys on this thread also, your wish..

Nah pass on the mirages

Just use the funds to improve avionics and radar research for JF17 thunder

Or Stealth versions waste of funds on the Mirage 2000 old plane useless even arabs don't want it

Back
Top Bottom