What's new

UAE Mirage to PAF and SH to IAF Extract

One thing people don't understand about JF-17 is that it should not to be compared with other fighter jets made by Europeans/Russians and Americans.
JF-17 is a fighter that is being made in Pakistan and it is the same step every successful AC producer took at one point in time, which if only was taken sooner there would have been no reason we would not be producing ACs in the league of Gripen and Typhoon but we lacked vision and resources.
Members are most welcome to disagree but for me the performance of JF-17 is not as important as the fact that we are moving in the right direction finally.
JF-17 is only the first fighter we have produced and not the last.:pakistan:

there is one similarity in JF 17&f 7.both are Chinese engineered and uses Russian engine(jf 17 uses advanced)

:rofl::rofl::rofl: good one.

But unfortunately we are talking about the design and capabilities.

And yeah one other thing, in JF-17 and PAF variants of F-7PGs had a lot of input in the design stage, so giving 100% credit to Chinese won't be justified. If PAF hadn't pushed them, we won't have seen these two beauties.

there is one similarity in JF 17&f 7.both are Chinese engineered and uses Russian engine(jf 17 uses advanced)

Using that logic, Su-17 must be similar to Su-30MKI and the PAK-FA since both the engineering and engine come not only from the same country but even the same company.

And just for the record, F-7 is hardly "Chinese engineered". Its more a copy of Russian Mig-21 with limited parts of chinese origin reverse engineering.

no sir i only mean that that's the only similarity, no one can compare 1980 model with a 21st century model in all aspects.

Dude don't laugh that much, when time comes you will see. We don't need to talk big about Jf-17 without proven anything before. But just remember my words. Yea sirf naam ka plane hai nothing but BS.

you know something i am maybe one of the biggest critiques of JF-17s however calling it BS is pushing it! & comparing it to F7s is like comparing a FOKER DR-1 of the red baron to the Spitfire! leagues apart!

one comes with FBW while the other ain't!JF-17 currently is the BEST fighter in PAF inventory! i don't even know how can you come up wit a comparison between the two! DON'T EVER talk from your a*s please & call the JF a BS naam kaa aircraft! :angry:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: good one.

But unfortunately we are talking about the design and capabilities.

And yeah one other thing, in JF-17 and PAF variants of F-7PGs had a lot of input in the design stage, so giving 100% credit to Chinese won't be justified. If PAF hadn't pushed them, we won't have seen these two beauties.

Well,
Hilter has a valid point.
From an Engineering point of view only

Mig21 was improved to a much higher standard based on input from
PAF.
A lot of lessons from F-7PG were used as input to JF-17 ...

I am not in mood for discussion today .... but will enumerate in future.

Just appreciating the Mig 21 for now.

My most loved sweet heart :smitten:

Last edited:
Ok, I hope you guys right and I am wrong. But Compare Jf-17 vs Su 30 is that make sense? I am not saying BS to Jf-17, but yea comparing this with other plane is BS.

Ok, I hope you guys right and I am wrong. But Compare Jf-17 vs Su 30 is that make sense? I am not saying BS to Jf-17, but yea comparing this with other plane is BS.

JF-17 and Su-30 can never ever be compared, both are totally of different league of fighters.

And those who does, seriously need to learn about aircraft and aviation technology.

So coming back to the same question, we all are still waiting for the expert analysis from you showing us that how does JF-17 has similarity with F-7s.

Plz enlighten us.

JF-17 and Su-30 can never ever be compared, both are totally of different league of fighters.

And those who does, seriously need to learn about aircraft and aviation technology.

So coming back to the same question, we all are still waiting for the expert analysis from you showing us that how does JF-17 has similarity with F-7s.

Plz enlighten us.

Yup there are some similarities
1)It flys
2)It can fire rockets and missiles
3)Both arent Light combat aircraft
:lol::lol::lol:

If you are that disparate you can type on Google about any plane spec and see what they capable off, do you know how to find stuff on Google or should I teach you how to do that? If not I can send you lot of links so you can read about it. I don’t have time to go and tell you part by part what is the similarity and what is not when time come you will what I am taking about.
Just don't try to be smart A@# ok.

A reminder for all those who think thunder is not enough. Trust me people, it is exactly what PAF wanted it to be and they are very happy for what capability it has brought in PAF. Mid range slot is filled now, remaining is the High end slot which will be filled by Falcons and FC-20s.

Last edited:

yaar I dont know why does it happen that someone just stands up and posts something illogical like it.......Comparison is way different from combat...in recent violations by IAF MKIs we pitted F-7s with our old F-16s...and they intercepted MKIs.....so looking at the situation from your POV, PAF should have scrambeled any of these cuz thery were not comparable to MKIs ryt?.....You need a sword to fight....which should not necessarily be in the class of your opponents....Unless it can cut through his body.....it is as good as his

atleast thank him that he compared it with F-7, i have seen Indians comparing it with a jet trainer :rolleyes:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: aaaho i remember one indian member comparing with Jet trainers couple of weeks ago :rofl:

atleast thank him that he compared it with F-7, i have seen Indians comparing it with a jet trainer :rolleyes:

i never compared the both,i just show the only one similarity tats all.actually a Pakistani member compared the both.

Back
Top Bottom