What's new

UAE Mirage to PAF and SH to IAF Extract

Storm Force

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Found this Radio extract today with news of global air force procurement matters in 7 countries its 25 mins long some highlights.

UAE will buy Rafael and SELL their dash 9 mirages to East europe or PAF.

Gripen offered Brazil the best TOT in their programme BUT its a political decision and Rafael will win

India WILL be a political decision with both the F18 super hornet &
F16/60 (WITH ISRAELI SYSTEMS) hot favourites.

PodOmatic Player

These guys seem to have their fingers on the pulse.

UAE has over 60 mirage2000-9 which wud be a good addition as replacements for mirage5 in PAF

Rafael will win at least 3 0r 4 of the next 7 big contracts overseas.

IT ALSO states that INDIA is definitely realigning itself with the USA

there is a BIG difference between REALITY & EXPECTATIONS. Pakistan expects to get the Mirages however, in REALITY we just don't have the funds its a sorry fact but what can we do when we have corrupt LEADERS! the exchequer is empty whatever was left in it went into the pocket of ZARDARI!

If Pakistan can get hands on those UAE mirages it will be extremely good.Everything from logistics to experience with the series matches.Even Politics Matches.The only thing that does not match is the funds to acquire them.

Gosh i sometimes really wish that Pakistan would be a little more rich.

Pakistan should not be spending a single dollar more on Fourth Generation aircraft. We have the JF-17, F-16 and FC-20 procurement programs underway, adding another one doesn't make sense to me. We must now look forward to the next generation, I think with the current procurement programs (which focus on both quantity and quality), our Fourth Generation needs are catered for.

Unless, of course, these Mirages will be used for a dedicated Land and/or Naval Support, which will be very interesting indeed. The PAF doesn't have dedicated Air Support platforms, but the Mirage III and V are tipped for that role.

Now, let's wait for MastanKhan to punch me into the next century. How dare I disrespect his babies?

I agree with you; Mastan has had good points, and in this case, he would make an argument about the time. It sure will take us considerable time to get enough JF-17s, J-10s, get our pilots acquire good feel of the platform and have them battle ready. On the other hands, M2K are something our airmen and pilots very familiar with and once inducted, will add an immediate punch.

i totally agree with PAFace.
-f-16
-jf-17
two 4th generation are enough and now we need a more advance partner for Fc-20

i second growler.

I guess our funds should go for thunder optimisation and its exports that we can put that money back into block III and JXX.

I really wish we had some more $$$$.....

...Thanks to our leaders...especially Mr 10%..... we are having to sacrifice our dreams for the sake of such bastards :angry:

Hi,

In any form of life there comes a time where one has to change directions in mid stride---that time is called the moment of oppurtunity---the change of destiny---the will of Allah---the hand of God---divine intervention---a student visa to the u s of a or the uk etc.

It is just like Ricky Ponting snatching the catch off shoaib Mailk out of thick air last night---these momentuous decision change the the face and the out come of the game---they are also know as the moment of great equalizations.

Israelis made the same adjustment---regarding their lavi---decided that even with all the investment and bruhahaha and chest thumping, it was not worth it in the long run. Give credit to the jews for keeping their options open and not sticking with the presumptuous.

250 Jf 17's are not written in stone---lesser numbers could prevail with the influx of m2k9's---the extra planes can be sold---it would also give paf extra time to develop the JF 17, as well as the FC 20.

It should be very obvious to the reader that integration is not an easy transformation---look at the jf 17---the first sqdrn was to be in place by the end of 2009---now it seems that it would be sometime in aug 2010.

In millitary procurement or in any thing in life---time is of the ultimate essence. Bonaparte lost the battle, just because his troops were late by one minute to start the attack. That just completely changed the picture and the result of the war.

Same thing over here----there are big lovers of JF 17 and FC 20 and that is fine and good---the only problem here is that those people have not taken into consideration the ever changing attitude of our neighbour and the millitary power imbalance---actually they don't want to, because first of all they don't want to accept that such a thing exists---secondly, no one wants to take the first step to admit that we need these m2k9's---because if they do---then it will prove that their past decisions were wrong as well. They are trying to just save their face---so that they don't look bad---.

The ROSE Upgraded Mirages and M2K would be a very good option for PAF, combined with JF-17 Blocks & FC-20s.

Mastan is right, JF-17 future Block variants may be a little late by an year or two, similarly, only 36 FC-20s would be there by 2014-15, similarly with the rate of procurement of F-16s and MLUs, i doubt PAF F-16s complement would be all Block 50s standard by 2014-15, thus looking at above scenario, if M2Ks get offered at a reasonable price ( which I hope UAE would ), we should induct them, a 100+ ROSE upgraded Mirages & M2Ks would not be a bad stopgap measure till mid of the decade, by then newer and more lethal platforms would start arriving.

It is just like Ricky Ponting snatching the catch off shoaib Mailk out of thick air last night.....Totally agree with you on that plus he made it look so dam easy.....never the less will get them in next one inshallah :pakistan:

Pakistan should not be spending a single dollar more on Fourth Generation aircraft. We have the JF-17, F-16 and FC-20 procurement programs underway, adding another one doesn't make sense to me. We must now look forward to the next generation, I think with the current procurement programs (which focus on both quantity and quality), our Fourth Generation needs are catered for.

Unless, of course, these Mirages will be used for a dedicated Land and/or Naval Support, which will be very interesting indeed. The PAF doesn't have dedicated Air Support platforms, but the Mirage III and V are tipped for that role.

Now, let's wait for MastanKhan to punch me into the next century. How dare I disrespect his babies?

This is exactly whats happening Sir, i personally talked to a squadron leader regarding this issue and he told me that this plan is not even on the drawing board. Unless the French make us an offer we cannot refuse; PAF is focusing its resources on JF17, FC20 and F16's. Besides you would be surprised how capable the Rose Upgraded Mirages are especially the Mirage V, PAF is extremely happy with their performance and they are not being replaced anytime soon. They are almost 4th Generation Aircrafts, their Air to Surface capabilities are very good and the Squadron Leader termed it better than those of F16's. Their weakest arm was their endurance, but with the addition of Refuellers we have solved that problem.

Quick question. What's the price of UAE Mirage? And since they are used, what price will UAE sell them for?

Not looking for exact figure, but just a rough idea. Thanks

Quick question. What's the price of UAE Mirage? And since they are used, what price will UAE sell them for?

Not looking for exact figure, but just a rough idea. Thanks

Half of the fleet is approx 2 decades old and the rest got delivered around mid of this decade. But most probably the old ones got upgraded.

My estimate would be somewhere up & down of 15M US$ per plane or between 10-15M, as a brand new one costs between 20-25M.

And the Latest upgraded Mirages are said to be as capable as F-16s, may be not fully capable as Block 50s, but many features do compare equally.

Back
Top Bottom