What's new

UAE Mirage to PAF and SH to IAF Extract

Well, i think the bigger enemy for pakistan is The Floods..The Terrorism and the present..Economic Crisis..

Patriotic words of Dying... Wont Lower ur electricity bills... After all India wont attack u next month..but u will have to pay the Increased Electricity...Bill.. U cant Pay the same using Patriotic Words...

Hi,

Wars are a terrifying thing---it makes the bowels go jello and knees than don't stop shaking. I believe that my pak colleagues are living an illusion---they have no clue first hand what wars do to a city, a nation, the civilians and the populace---.

Wars are devastating and they are the most terrible thing that can happen to a nation. There are no winners in a war---but there are losers in a war---the losers lose big time and winners don't win either for they have to pay a price for the victory as well---which may not be well worth the sacrifice---.

You see all these displaced people from fata---they come to seek your welfare---they have lost family, homes, property and livelihood---but they have hope---because you are there to help them---but what if it is you in the big cities who's infrastructure is being destroyed by relentless bombings---no transportation---no hospital---water---electricity---terrifying bomb blasts---men, children and women blown away to smithereens---arms and limbs flying around---screaming and dying wounded---so---where will you go to seek help---is this what my pak colleagues are asking for.

Last edited:
Bro come to reality....if anything happens we hve to fight on our own...no body will come and save our as..many people with due respect strongly belive that we will get F15 or F16 from them when we need...no help will gonna come pal.

Bro its you needs to come to reailty this is a dead story with no actual source to back it up just rumors is what i was talking about and i know iam right perhaps you need to read up more as it seems you are new here. I do agree that Pak armed forces need to be well armed and ready for anything to face from any side its what i meant this news is rubish about UAE mirages etc do some homework pal :coffee:

Last edited:
Well Mirage 2000 is also good aircraft and i thing UAE sells this aircrafts to Pakistan.

i think we can use the jets for naval arm
uae mirages are best available mirage 20005-9 at this time
uae can also gifted us as a friend
let india will purchase these jets this will cause a thread for us

i think we can use the jets for naval arm
uae mirages are best available mirage 20005-9 at this time
uae can also gifted us as a friend
let india will purchase these jets this will cause a thread for us

hamesha faqir hi rahey mangna hamara shewa raha ur uska asar ab logoin key post pei dekhai deta hai .good going sir ji

Its probbly in our best interest to Dump french assets in Steeles mills and melt them as soon as possible , Lets get more Thunders in Air and get more
J10B -

The best aspect will be we can always update the Avionics and engines

A page from history

Washington, September 21, 1972.

Jordan and Pakistan are making intensive diplomatic efforts to establish themselves as significant actors in the gulf arena. King Husayn's growing interest in establishing ties with the gulf states is related, in part, to Jordan's estrangement from some Arab states such as Egypt. Rebuffed by his neighbors, the King has turned to one of the few areas in the Arab world where Jordan may still exercise influence, make friends, and secure badly needed financial assistance. In addition to offering military and security personnel to the new gulf states and Oman, King Husayn has been active on the diplomatic front. He has recently visited Sheik Zayid and the Shah, and will visit King Faysal soon. Husayn hopes on these trips to mediate Abu Dhabi's disputes with the Saudis and Iranians.

Pakistan has long had commercial interests in the gulf, and thousands of Pakistani workers are employed there. The defeat by India and the loss of East Pakistan last year led President Bhutto to emphasize ties with Muslim states, especially the more affluent ones in the Persian Gulf, where he might tap the oil wealth of the sheikhdoms. By associating himself with Islamic states of the Middle East, President Bhutto hopes to gain political benefits among the Muslims at home.

Pakistan's major effort is being made in Abu Dhabi. In discussions with Bhutto in Islamabad last March, Sheik Zayid requested that Mirage-qualified Pakistani pilots and technicians be assigned to the Abu Dhabi Air Force. Bhutto agreed to the request. In return, Abu Dhabi will provide Pakistan with financial aid for its military reconstruction program. Sheik Zayid has purchased 12 Mirage-5 fighter-bombers from France. They will be based in Abu Dhabi, but will be available to Pakistan if needed.

The fact that Pakistani pilots will fly the Mirages and that a Pakistani has been named commander of the Abu Dhabi Air Force will probably go a long way to mollify Saudi Arabia, which was displeased when Sheik Zayid acquired the sophisticated jets. Both King Husayn and President Bhutto recognize that they must avoid offending the sensibilities of Saudi Arabia and Iran—states to whom both also look for support.

Office of the Historian - Historical Documents - Foreign Relations of the United States, 1969

I think MODs need to close this thread.

Pointless.

With JFTs coming and F-16s being MLU-ed.....and j-10s on order, it would be stupid to have Mirage 2000 now...........unless India rejects Rafale and forces France to open arms and parts supply to Pakistan.

UAE to buy Rafale when they have Eurofighters? Unless they have a carrier, the Rafale's roles are superseded by the Eurofighter Typhoon except for its SPECTRA electronic warfare suite.

Why would East Europe buy Mirages when they have superior and cheaper Russian contenders? Except for countries like Croatia or maybe Serbia (where MiG-21s and MiG-29s are still the rage), the Mirage is pretty much an obsolete jets these days, even for an export plane.

Pakistan has no more need whatsoever to buy Mirages. I can go into the details, but I think it's pretty obvious by now.

Mirage 2000-5EDA

Qatar Emiri Air Force

Delivered;9
Current;9

- In service from 1997

- Note: During the late 2000s, all Mirage 2000-5s are believed to have been made available for purchase, with India reported to have shown serious interest. However, nothing has materialised by 2011 & the aircraft continue to operate with the QEAF.

- Located at 7th (Air Superiorority) Squadron, Detachment

FM-17 thanks for the info. In my opinion, buying 9 a/c of type which we do not operate at all is a non-starter unless we can get our hands on more M-2000 from ??? The min. qty required for an a/c to be of used as a frontline fighter is roughly 2 sqd's plus. THe "plus" inlcudes trainer and conversion aircrafts.

UAE to buy Rafale when they have Eurofighters? Unless they have a carrier, the Rafale's roles are superseded by the Eurofighter Typhoon except for its SPECTRA electronic warfare suite.

Why would East Europe buy Mirages when they have superior and cheaper Russian contenders? Except for countries like Croatia or maybe Serbia (where MiG-21s and MiG-29s are still the rage), the Mirage is pretty much an obsolete jets these days, even for an export plane.

Pakistan has no more need whatsoever to buy Mirages. I can go into the details, but I think it's pretty obvious by now.

I do agree with your second part, why any country will buy Mirage whose production is closed, In future it will be pain in A$$. I think J10,MiG29 or similar planes are more illegible than M2000.
Sorry for Offtopic Posts:

1. your first query is why UAE bought Rafael when they have EFT? :Answer is very simple there requirement depend upon there need. First one muct understand what is "Air Superiority fighter" and "Ground Strike fighter"
"Air Superiority fighter": For full air dominance, clearing any threat in air. These are very costly planes.
"Ground Strike fighter" : These fighter are mainly concentrate on ground attack, they have better look down - shoot down capability.
"Multi Role Aircraft": Air superiority which has good strike capability or Ground strike fighter having good Air strike capability.

Any fighter can be used for any role. Like USA use F16 as Point defense, Pakistan use F16 as Multi-role, Israel use F16 as Air superiority (correction needed). So as per my thinking UAE needs EFT as Air superiority and Rafael for Ground Strike role...

Back
Top Bottom