Status
Not open for further replies.

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
Malala actress is from Bangladesh
Jyothi Prabhakar, TNN | May 30, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

Malala actress is from Bangladesh - The Times of India

Amjad Khan

Filmmaker Amjad Khan, who, as we told you, was making a film on Malala Yousafzai called Gul Makai, has finally found his Malala. Her identity had been kept a secret for the last 40 days, ever since he did her look test and screening. But now, we can tell you that her name is Fatima Sheikh, and she's from Dhaka, Bangladesh.

"There were two reasons for all this secrecy. One was that her parents were extremely reluctant to let her do this role, let alone expose her to the danger it involved, second was the work permit. She is a Bangladeshi citizen and she needed a work permit to shoot in India. Fatima ke parents ko manane mein bahut waqt lag gaya," says Amjad, adding, "Abhi bhi, they have said no to revealing her face till the second schedule of the film's shoot is over."

Ten days ago, Fatima's work permit was in place, and the film's ready to roll now. He is also excited about getting permission to shoot in Islamabad and Karachi. "It took me three months, and finally, the Pakistan government gave me the permission to shoot," says Amjad.

So now, he will also schedule a Pakistan shoot post his London schedule, around November. But for now, it is the first schedule in MP, which got delayed, and will not start on June 2 that he is gearing up for.

"This is a difficult one, I will be shooting what the Taliban activity is all about, how they train youngsters, all this is what I will shoot - I will keep Fatima on the sets so that she gets accustomed to all of us. She is just a kid, actually. Padh rahi hai, so I need to make her comfortable first," says Amjad.

Amjad Khan

Filmmaker Amjad Khan, who, as we told you, was making a film on Malala Yousafzai called Gul Makai, has finally found his Malala. Her identity had been kept a secret for the last 40 days, ever since he did her look test and screening. But now, we can tell you that her name is Fatima Sheikh, and she's from Dhaka, Bangladesh.

"There were two reasons for all this secrecy. One was that her parents were extremely reluctant to let her do this role, let alone expose her to the danger it involved, second was the work permit. She is a Bangladeshi citizen and she needed a work permit to shoot in India. Fatima ke parents ko manane mein bahut waqt lag gaya," says Amjad, adding, "Abhi bhi, they have said no to revealing her face till the second schedule of the film's shoot is over."

Ten days ago, Fatima's work permit was in place, and the film's ready to roll now. He is also excited about getting permission to shoot in Islamabad and Karachi. "It took me three months, and finally, the Pakistan government gave me the permission to shoot," says Amjad.

So now, he will also schedule a Pakistan shoot post his London schedule, around November. But for now, it is the first schedule in MP, which got delayed, and will not start on June 2 that he is gearing up for.

"This is a difficult one, I will be shooting what the Taliban activity is all about, how they train youngsters, all this is what I will shoot - I will keep Fatima on the sets so that she gets accustomed to all of us. She is just a kid, actually. Padh rahi hai, so I need to make her comfortable first," says Amjad.

Why are Indians making a movie about Malala? Or is it some one else.

Amjad Khan

:azn: Another Sheikh.

:what: Im not sure is this film maker indian or pakistani. And why he came this long way to cast a Bangladeshi.
Now after harry potter another chiild from BD its interesting :)

That girl should be sent to Islamic Republic of Pakistan along with the film director.

No need of BS here.

P.S.:- Don't use the name of Bollywood for the Pakistani-Bangladeshi film.

That girl should be sent to Islamic Republic of Pakistan along with the film director.

No need of BS here.

P.S.:- Don't use the name of Bollywood for the Pakistani-Bangladeshi film.

I heard the name of Hollywood not sure of Bollywood. Is this bollywood somekinds of branch of hollywood or a copy ? Heard about indian bakwas movies. When they act or when they start dancing with nonsense songs its very confusing. :lol:

Amjad Khan

I hope that they don't pick Ananta Jalil for playing Taliban or we may face suicide bombers for ruining Taliban's image beyond repair. :rofl:.

Seems Amjad Khan is from Pakistan. This movie is not a joint venture between BD-Pakistan or BD-India. Only the main character will be cast by a young girl from Bangladesh, and there will be shootings both in India and Pakistan as well as London.

I congratulate the making of this movie. It should put the illiterate Talibans in their proper perspective. Talibans should be banished from the normal society, let alone running a country, and put into solitary confinements, probably into the undersea ones.

Talibans have brought shame to the entire Muslim community by their hooliganism and by their wrong interpretation of our religion.

I heard the name of Hollywood not sure of Bollywood. Is this bollywood somekinds of branch of hollywood or a copy ? Heard about indian bakwas movies. When they act or when they start dancing with nonsense songs its very confusing. :lol:

Rip Van Winkle .. perhaps.

Seems Amjad Khan is from Pakistan. This movie is not a joint venture between BD-Pakistan or BD-India. Only the main character will be cast by a young girl from Bangladesh, and there will be shootings both in India and Pakistan as well as London.

I congratulate the making of this movie. It should put the illiterate Talibans in their proper perspective. Talibans should be banished from the normal society, let alone running a country, and put into solitary confinements, probably into the undersea ones.

Talibans have brought shame to the entire Muslim community by their hooliganism and by their wrong interpretation of our religion.

There was a news that and Indian director is going to make film on Malala.

There is NO news that any Pakistani is going to make film on her. I feel only Hollywood can do justice with such a film not bollywood masala or Pakistani film industry.

NOTE: Did Indians take permission from Malala for making a film on her? and do they also intend to pay her for that?

If NOT Malala should file a case

There was a news that and Indian director is going to make film on Malala.

There is NO news that any Pakistani is going to make film on her. I feel only Hollywood can do justice with such a film not bollywood masala or Pakistani film industry.

NOTE: Did Indians take permission from Malala for making a film on her? and do they also intend to pay her for that?

If NOT Malala should file a case
Well, if its a Bollywood movie, expect some bias in the story.

Nope he is Indian from Mumbai.There are a lot of rumors goin on about this project.It could be a big one.

Amjad-Khan.jpg

Director Amjad Khan to make a film on Malala Yousafzai

Monica Bellucci to star in movie on Malala Yousafzai | Niti Central

Indian director Amjad Khan to make film on Malala Yousufzai

He has made lots of international documentaries like FIDEL CASTRO (CUBA GOVT.), ECONOMY (LONDON GOVT.), NELSON (AFRICA GOVT.),COMMUNISM (W.B. GOVT. INDIA), EARTH (GUJRAT GOVT).

As debutant he did his best with LE GAYA SADDAM…

Two months ago on the Frontier Post..

Indian director Amjad Khan to make film on Malala Yousufzai

MUMBAI: An Indian director Amjad Khan is preparing to feature the life of 16-year-old Pakistani child activist Malala Yousufzai in his film, FP News desk reported.

Senior Bollywood actors like Danny, Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri, KK Menon and Seema Biswas are playing strong roles in this movie.

Shahbaz Bajwa plays the role of an Afghani extremist in the film.

“My film would be a tribute to this teenage education activist. Malala has proved that age is no bar when it comes to courage and fighting the evils,” Amjad Khan said.

About his Kanpur plans, he adds, "We would be shooting for at least 15 days in Kanpur and most probably our shoot will start from May 22 or 24. I will be shortly coming to the city to meet the administration to seek due permissions for the shooting."

In an interview earlier, Khan had said they would guard the identity of the girl playing Malala for the sake of her security, and Khan persists with that explanation even now.

"At the moment we cannot disclose who would be playing Malala's role." Khan informed.

The filmmaker has also decided to donate the first day collections of the film to Malala's school in Swat district.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom