What's new

is pakistani and indian accent the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How old are you? 10? Quoting a movie?

I have seen number of TV programs which shows Pakistan's craze for Lakhnavi Urdu. Authentic Lakhnavi Urdu and authentic Tunde kabab is available only and only in Lucknow. :enjoy:

In the case of this thread we Pakistanis and Indians have a similar accent, but there are differences. I honestly think that Pakistani accent in English is perhaps less rough than Indian.

The study of accent to me seems like an overwhelming task . It is fascinating, but at the same time I think there are so many variables that it cannot be measured by border lines alone. Just my opinion.

However let's take a look at media:

Pakistani weather report:

Indian weather report:

Now people will argue with me that the Indian weather girl was speaking in English, while the Pakistani weather girl was speaking in Urdu.

However, I can say that the difference in accent is there.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the case of this thread we Pakistanis and Indians have a similar accent, but there are differences. I honestly think that Pakistani accent in English is perhaps less rough than Indian.

The study of accent to me seems like an overwhelming task . It is fascinating, but at the same time I think there are so many variables that it cannot be measured by border lines alone. Just my opinion.

However let's take a look at media:

Pakistani weather report:

Indian weather report:

Now people will argue with me that the Indian weather girl was speaking in English, while the Pakistani weather girl was speaking in Urdu.

However, I can say that the difference in accent is there.

Indian Pakistan accent are indeed different but westerners could not recognize this difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
In urdu/ hindi- No- indian accent is more bazaro-
In English- No- an indian speaks english in a very peculiar way-

Caman man - screw anglish as mach as you kan, aftar all it's firangee languaage and stop this d1ck measuring context

Thats true. I was going to mention that, it all depends what your first language is I guess. People who speak Punjabi their entire life tend to have a stronger accent. The most famous one being their "s" pronunciation. Scooter becomes sakooter, school becomes sakool, straw becomes satraw, sprite becomes saprite and so on.:lol:

I think in India there are three groups of people, people who can speak fluent English, people who can speak little bit English and then the people who can't speak English at all.

In Pakistanis I have noticed the middle group is missing or very very small. They can either speak good English or they can't at all. For example the Pakistani cricketers, a lot of them can barely string a sentence together.

And lion becomes loin. :P

if you people spend 5 pages arguing this topic then you need to see a psychologist, seriously get a life

if you people spend 5 pages arguing this topic then you need to see a psychologist, seriously get a life
:rofl:....If they are fighting over accent then they should....+100

Lol Punjabis can't speak urdu, specially the village folks, pashtuns can't, neither baloch. To bacha kaun bhai?

Punjabis can't speak urdu? OH MY! Hum kiya boltay hai nghar mien? Check kerwana paray ga!

I have seen number of TV programs which shows Pakistan's craze for Lakhnavi Urdu. Authentic Lakhnavi Urdu and authentic Tunde kabab is available only and only in Lucknow. :enjoy:

Honestly speaking I don't even know what is Lakhnavi!

English accent in India varies from North to South and East to West as much as diff bw english spoken in US and sweden.

So i dont understand how Pakistani's can say and talk about an 'Indian accent'.

From these 5 pages, I am starting to worry if the people understand the meaning of accent or are confusing it with voice tone/ pitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom