What's new

is pakistani and indian accent the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats true. I was going to mention that, it all depends what your first language is I guess. People who speak Punjabi their entire life tend to have a stronger accent. The most famous one being their "s" pronunciation. Scooter becomes sakooter, school becomes sakool, straw becomes satraw, sprite becomes saprite and so on.:lol:

I think in India there are three groups of people, people who can speak fluent English, people who can speak little bit English and then the people who can't speak English at all.

In Pakistanis I have noticed the middle group is missing or very very small. They can either speak good English or they can't at all. For example the Pakistani cricketers, a lot of them can barely string a sentence together.

Actually:

Scooter becomes eskootar, school becomes eskool, straw becomes estraw, sprite becomes esaprite and so on

I meant Urdu in its purest form(accent wise).

We speak fine so does the whole mohala! LOLZZ! Very pathetic thing to point out!

There are VERY FEW places where the Punjabis speak funny urdu..I have only heard it on this thread and I don't dare deny it as I have not MET EVERY SINGLE PUNJABI in Pakistan!

I meant Urdu in its purest form(accent wise).

Urud in its purest form - accent wise?

I thought Urdu is in its purest form grammar wise! I know we don't speak grammatically correct Urdu...But we do not carry any accent in Urdu as well...maybe we are a minority...Wouldn't be able to tell...

Because with Punjabi speakers you speak Punjabi, you don't make them uncomfortable by asking them to speak in Urdu...So, do not have much data as to how Punjabis sound when they speak Urdu, except my area and groups of families in my neighborhoods!

Urud in its purest form - accent wise?

I thought Urdu is in its purest form grammar wise! I know we don't speak grammatically correct Urdu...But we do not carry any accent in Urdu as well...maybe we are a minority...Wouldn't be able to tell...

Because with Punjabi speakers you speak Punjabi, you don't make them uncomfortable by asking them to speak in Urdu...So, do not have much data as to how Punjabis sound when they speak Urdu, except my area and groups of families in my neighborhoods!

Exactly. Hindi/Urdu like any other language gets accented by the native tongue/dialect. But somehow Pakistanis never consider this argument when bringing the petty issues like how indians can pronounce urdu words properly and all that. :blah:

Compare Javed Chaudhary(Punjabi) and the other guys accent for reference. Abidi guy has the "proper" "urdu accent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in UK, many Pakistanis don't speak English at all, while Indians speak English too fast :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom