What's new

is pakistani and indian accent the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, people need to be familiar with the word, the words mispronounced are mainly persian in origin. Its like Anglophones mispronouncing the French loan words.

Another problem is is that Indian Urdu speakers dont speak persianized words

I appreciate your nationalistic fervor, however your argument with even Punjabis is incorrect.
I being a Punjabi have a hard time understanding other Pakistani Punjabi's dialects.

To say some Punjabis in India and Pakistan may have the same accent due to dialect is acceptable, but to group Punjabis altogether and say they all have the same accent is absurd.

Again as I said, it has nothing to with ethnicity. Accent is purely education related, nothing more nothing less. If you went to a good school, had a good teacher who knew his shyte, you ll have more sophisticated accent.

All educated class from any ethnicity can speak very good Urdu. Can you honestly understand Iqbal's poetry?

No, but if I cheat a bit, I can.

Ajmal's english seems to be from the heart. Whereas Dhoni seems to have gotten some training somewhere along the line. This is just my opinion??

Oah! Like that? Nau I am andarstanding! Aage bolben to?

Again as I said, it has nothing to with ethnicity. Accent is purely education related, nothing more nothing less. If you went to a good school, had a good teacher who knew his shyte, you ll have more sophisticated accent.

It also matters who you were raised with... If your father spake jaahil Urdu (no Z) then you will be raised thinking thats the real urdu

Uttar Pradesh and Delhi Urdu is not true Urdu.UP's and Delhittes mix up Hindi with Urdu. They think there is no Z sound in Urdu. Tell me who speaks more pure Urdu and who doesn't?

Dont know about urdu but Hindi has Z sound its called ज़

for J sound we have
j.gif

http://www.omniglot.com/soundfiles/alphabets/consonants_hi.mp3

Uttar Pradesh and Delhi Urdu is not true Urdu.UP's and Delhittes mix up Hindi with Urdu. They think there is no Z sound in Urdu. Tell me who speaks more pure Urdu and who doesn't?

LMAO, you are saying people at the birthplace of Urdu can't speak proper Urdu, what an idiotic claim. :lol::lol:

I'll disagree with you again. You are from Bihar. Your Urdu is the"origional" and "impeccable".

Translate this for me.

Can you?

Perhaps we should define the term "accent" for a more fruitful discussion?

However my two cents is that accent can be learned and acquired. Grouping people together for their accent has many fallacies altogether.

People will speak the way they hear from others.

Last edited by a moderator:
It also matters who you were raised with... If your father spake jaahil Urdu (no Z) then you will be raised thinking thats the real urdu

Grow up kid, Urdu is native to India, not Pakistan.

Originally it did not have. The ज़ is a more recent addition.

Even ऑ was added recently, may be before independence.

Grow up kid, Urdu is native to India, not Pakistan.

Even ऑ was added recently, may be before independence.

Yes it is, I agree. It is native to India. Our pure Urdu speakers from UP and Delhi brought it to Pakistan, since then there has been no pure Urdu speaker in India. Mainly the people who speak Urdu in India are just Tamils or Bengalis who migrated north.

The Sardar speaks like a south Indian.

The actor was born in Sri Lanka so that makes sense, although I am surprised he didn't fake an appropriate accent for the role. The lady, Jameela, speaks with a Punjabi-ish accent though, I think.

Yes it is, I agree. It is native to India. Our pure Urdu speakers from UP and Delhi brought it to Pakistan, since then there has been no pure Urdu speaker in India. Mainly the people who speak Urdu in India are just Tamils or Bengalis who migrated north.

That was brainfart.

Yes it is, I agree. It is native to India. Our pure Urdu speakers from UP and Delhi brought it to Pakistan, since then there has been no pure Urdu speaker in India.

In bol movie, there was a dialogue, "I am watching Pakeezah 100 times to learn Lakhnavi Urdu." :rofl::rofl:

Mainly the people who speak Urdu in India are just Tamils or Bengalis who migrated north.

aapko aisa kisne kaha. :cheesy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom