What's new

is pakistani and indian accent the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajmal's accent is more genuine, while Dhoni's is more refined, but people can still note the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure, but the indians outside when they speak english usually have the same generic accent.

That is where Pakistanis get it wrong. Indians living overseas mostly come from south, the north Indians are not that large in number. Some people take that ratio as ratio of population in the country. That is why some people like BATMAN think he is different than most Indians.

People overseas are mostly from AP, TN and Karnataka. The rest are in minority.

That is where Pakistanis get it wrong. Indians living overseas mostly come from south, the north Indians are not that large in number. Some people take that ratio as ratio of population in the country. That is why some people like BATMAN think he is different than most Indians.

What about Gujuratis & Punjabis?

I agree. If you watch Indian CNN their journalists pronounce India as Ennndia.

Pakistani journalists will just say India.

Minor thing that I have noticed.

Just like how goras call Pakistan as Paeck-istaen while South Asians pronounce it properly as Paakistaan.

Actually if you look at how Obama and Hilary pronounce it, you will get the difference.

You forgot Gujjus and Punjabis...Infact I would order it as AP,Punjabis,Tamils, Gujjus and rest.

I agree. If you watch Indian CNN their journalists pronounce India as Ennndia.

Pakistani journalists will just say India.

Minor thing that I have noticed.
Kind of true

I actually hear some say Enndia or aindia with the punjabi accent... lol

I dont know about Indian and pakistani accent.

But I can see difference in accent easily between Punjabi or bengali or tamilian or bihari or malyali or maharastrian accents. So how Pakistani posters define Indian accent dont know? But

But I agree with them since Pakistan is placed in middle east much closer to arabs hence their accent is much more refined while so called Indian accent is more of desi subcontinental type accent. Funny enough.

I dont know about Indian and pakistani accent.

But I can see difference in accent easily between Punjabi or bengali or tamilian or bihari or malyali or maharastrian accents. So how Pakistani posters define Indian accent dont know? But

But I agree with them since Pakistan is placed in middle east much closer to arabs hence their accent is much more refined while so called Indian accent is more of desi subcontinental type accent. Funny enough.

Actually your example is inaccurate.

Just do a comparison of Pakistani urdu speakers and Indian urdu speakers. The accent difference can be pin pointed right from there.

I will tell you that Indians use the letter J instead of Z. Some Pakistanis, mostly the eldar folk from Punjab can sometimes do that to.

But generally, Indians using the letter J instead of Z makes them sound like jahil or ******(village folk).

That's how it is perceived.

Just do a comparison of Pakistani urdu speakers and Indian urdu speakers. The accent difference can be pin pointed right from there.

I will tell you that Indians use the letter J instead of Z. Some Pakistanis, mostly the eldar folk from Punjab can sometimes do that to.

But generally, Indians using the letter J instead of Z makes them sound like jahil or ******(village folk).

That's how it is perceived.

Majority of Pakistanis speak Urdu like this. No point denying it, its far from perfect.

Why are Pakistanis crazy to copy Lucknowi Urdu.

Ajmal's accent is more genuine, while Dhoni's is more refined, but people can still note the difference.

More genuine?
More refined?
WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom