What's new

is pakistani and indian accent the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abvgroup

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
A lot of people here in the west make fun of the indian accent, but is the pakistani accent the same as indians?

personally I think it's a bit different, but I could be wrong, I know usually pashto and balochi speakers have Iranic accents, so clearly they dont speak english like indians, but I am not sure about rest of pakistanis

What is a pakistani or indian accent.With in india there are so many accent depending upon their regional mother tongue.

not sure, but the indians outside when they speak english usually have the same generic accent.

can you grow out of who has fairer skin and who has better accent. Lets assume Pakistanis have 100% fair skin and 500% better accent....where do we stand today as compared to India??

compare things that matter

not sure, but the indians outside when they speak english usually have the same generic accent.
even in english accent differs by wide range among indians.mostly it get influenced by their mother tongue.

Pakistani Punjabi and Indian Punjabi English accent is the same (for the common folks). People who have gone through good private schools(read rich people) in both countries don't have that strong accent.

The Apu accent in Simpsons is more of a South Indian Accent.

INDIAN PAKISTANI . HINDI accent Has differences . Urdu accent in india is more Pure and Heavy . english accent in Pakistani Punjab and western india is pretty much similar. but the rest of Pakistan is differnt than that of INDIA especially Kashmir Region.

Pakistani Punjabi and Indian Punjabi English accent is the same (for the common folks). People who have gone through good private schools(read rich people) in both countries don't have that strong accent.

The Apu accent in Simpsons is more of a South Indian Accent.

I disagree.
Most Punjabi here in Canada are village people, who only spoke village Punjabi their entire life. Their English accent tends to be much more harsh.
Most Pakistanis here tend to be middle class from cities and they tend to speak Urdu, so their accents are different.
Mind you, the Sikh population here is like 10x bigger than the Pakistani pop.

And please don't troll on what I have said, this is my experience, I am not trying to insult anyone and if your ego is so big that you can't take someone else opinion without foaming at the mouth then please take a break from the internet.

I personally think there is a significant difference. Generally Indian accent can be recognized immediately!!! however there isn't a particular "pakistani accent"!! and it is not even similar to indian accent.

Actually it varies between different regions. Punjabi accented english sounds the same to me for both indians and pakistanis. But punjabi accent is different tamil accent.

I disagree.
Most Punjabi here in Canada are village people, who only spoke village Punjabi their entire life. Their English accent tends to be much more harsh.
Most Pakistanis here tend to be middle class from cities and they tend to speak Urdu, so their accents are different.
Mind you, the Sikh population here is like 10x bigger than the Pakistani pop.

Thats true. I was going to mention that, it all depends what your first language is I guess. People who speak Punjabi their entire life tend to have a stronger accent. The most famous one being their "s" pronunciation. Scooter becomes sakooter, school becomes sakool, straw becomes satraw, sprite becomes saprite and so on.:lol:

I think in India there are three groups of people, people who can speak fluent English, people who can speak little bit English and then the people who can't speak English at all.

In Pakistanis I have noticed the middle group is missing or very very small. They can either speak good English or they can't at all. For example the Pakistani cricketers, a lot of them can barely string a sentence together.

Personally, I find that Indian accents tend to be more sing-song, like South African accents or Swedish accents.

Pakistani accents tend to be more even toned.

Yes, it's a generalization and exceptions abound, but that's just my general impression.

Personally, I find that Indian accents tend to be more sing-song, like South African accents or Swedish accents.

Pakistani accents tend to be more even toned.

Yes, it's a generalization and exceptions abound, but that's just my general impression.

I agree. If you watch Indian CNN their journalists pronounce India as Ennndia.

Pakistani journalists will just say India.

Minor thing that I have noticed.

Indian accents are more thick and unattractive compared to Pakistani accents. Although both of them are the same - if you live on the east side of the Indus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom