What's new

Fear of PAF Brings Out SU-30 Decoys

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This is reportedly IAF Station Sirsa in the Indian state of Haryana, bordering Punjab and Rajasthan, where earlier during heightened hostilities with Pakistan, the IAF deployed decoys of it's front line combat aircraft the SU-30MKI to draw any PAF attacks.

decoy.PNG

Why do you have to point out what we already know? so that they become smarter?

This is reportedly IAF Station Sirsa in the Indian state of Haryana, bordering Punjab and Rajasthan, where earlier during heightened hostilities with Pakistan, the IAF deployed decoys of it's front line combat aircraft the SU-30MKI to draw any PAF attacks.

View attachment 560659

Very old tactics ... PAF used F-86 made of wood but very realistic in appearance in 1971 and I witnessed to that Indian air raid which destroyed some of them and while Indians busy in destroying them the real sabres got opportunity to airborne and Indians then licked the dust.
Same tactic was used at Chaklala and there a burnt C-130 from (if not mistaken 1969 incident of refuelling) was prepared as decoy and parked to lure Indian pilots.

View attachment 560659
Even DRDO / HAL failed to produce look alike decoys, They must order it from Iran.:lol:

@Windjammer

Just a question. Are decoys also kept in the runway or near the hangers? So if the enemy bombs them, don't the runway and hangers also get damaged?

@Windjammer

Just a question. Are decoys also kept in the runway or near the hangers? So if the enemy bombs them, don't the runway and hangers also get damaged?
Much easier and cheaper to repair than a sophisticated jet fighter.

Disception's an integral part of warfare.

Much easier and cheaper to repair than a sophisticated jet fighter.

Disception's an integral part of warfare.

I know but one Pakistani member above said Pakistan used the F-86 sabre decoys, IAF bombed them and real sabres took off and fought. My question is if the runway is damaged because of a hit on the decoy, how will the real fighters take off?

Very old tactics ... PAF used F-86 made of wood but very realistic in appearance in 1971 and I witnessed to that Indian air raid which destroyed some of them and while Indians busy in destroying them the real sabres got opportunity to airborne and Indians then licked the dust.
Same tactic was used at Chaklala and there a burnt C-130 from (if not mistaken 1969 incident of refuelling) was prepared as decoy and parked to lure Indian pilots.
Yes very old tactics but in this day and age of FLIR, SOW and LTD what value do these decoys hold and then there are the Indians who claim that PAF will never wonder near an SU-30 base. :rofl:

@Windjammer

They are usually kept in the open like a parking area where they are easily spotted.

View attachment 560659
Seems they also painted a few

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190518-132639.jpg
    Screenshot_20190518-132639.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 257
  • Screenshot_20190518-132554.jpg
    Screenshot_20190518-132554.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 244
I know but one Pakistani member above said Pakistan used the F-86 sabre decoys, IAF bombed them and real sabres took off and fought. My question is if the runway is damaged because of a hit on the decoy, how will the real fighters take off?

Jets aren't typically parked on the runway. If you were to go for parked jets only you wouldn't be hitting the runway.

View attachment 560659
It looks like its half ... i can't see the tail and thrusters

Back
Top Bottom