What's new

Sukhoi to set up India maintenance facility for Su-30MKI

Actually it's migs that have a reputation for being difficult to maintain, not Sukhois.

The perception is, anything that's Russian is harder to maintain. Or that's what at least, the propaganda of some Western defence firms seems to be.

The perception is, anything that's Russian is harder to maintain. Or that's what at least, the propaganda of some Western defence firms seems to be.
Good going by Hal.secondly we have to find these western arms pimp in india and should give them a Hardtime:mad::mad::mad::mad:

India is building almost all of the components of Su 30 MKI from raw material stage ..... Most of the sukhois that are being inducted into IAF are built from raw materials in India.

Russians are supervising some critical stages but overall HAL is capable of doing maintenance of Su 30 MKI well and good.

During Red flag exercises Indians have done well to maintain the operational capabilities of Su 30 MKI.

Wake up,dude!:D

India is building almost all of the components of Su 30 MKI from raw material stage ..... Most of the sukhois that are being inducted into IAF are built from raw materials in India.

Russians are supervising some critical stages but overall HAL is capable of doing maintenance of Su 30 MKI well and good.

During Red flag exercises Indians have done well to maintain the operational capabilities of Su 30 MKI.

And Made in India parts are of better than Russian Parts.

Desi Sukhoi Performs Supersonic Ballet on Debut

Last edited:
Talking about Sukhoi.. well I am in Pune these days and I am seeing more and more of those Flankers everyday.

Everyday, early in the morning they fly around here in my place, waking me up.Nowadays, they have started flying quite low.You can very distinctly see the twin fins and the canards.Although this area is a little outside the actual Pune city,still, I wonder whether they should be doing all that over populated areas.

I lived in Indrayani nagar... PCMC ... I seen 3 or 4 AC everyday or day by day frequently. .. regular exercises. .

and what you want to say..

danger007 said:
I lived in Indrayani nagar... PCMC ... I seen 3 or 4 AC everyday or day by day frequently. .. regular exercises. .

and what you want to say..
I stay around pimpri chinchwad office on my official trip...so yes I see and hear the beast in morning.

I stay around pimpri chinchwad office on my official trip...so yes I see and hear the beast in morning.
oh you mean corporation office ... not just morning. ..I seen in nights and day time to.... lot of times I noticed them flying at low alt... close to building. .. what a sexy bird it is...

We don't disappoint you in this decade dude ...... :lol: !!

Every thing will be executed in quick and fast mode ..... :D

Thanks for the appreciation ...... :tup:

Actually Sukhois have a big scope of Improvement and exploit its capabilities.With Upgraded engine and batter avionics and AESA Radar and very long range Mach 4 speed air to air missile, it can vertically become invincible.

Talking about Sukhoi.. well I am in Pune these days and I am seeing more and more of those Flankers everyday.

Everyday, early in the morning they fly around here in my place, waking me up.Nowadays, they have started flying quite low.You can very distinctly see the twin fins and the canards.Although this area is a little outside the actual Pune city,still, I wonder whether they should be doing all that over populated areas.

It's fine, it is their routine. Flying low is mainly to avoid wind shears while take off and landing.

This is is good news.

It's no secret that Sukhois are notoriously difficult to maintain, so any help India gets is good news for the IAF.

IAF flankers fly much more than their Russian counterparts, as IAF pilots revive good and constant training, spending a long time flying MKIs which is comparable to western air forces.

Add the fact that dual engine fighters are maintenance intensive and you get the picture.

Firstly, both the Su-30MKI and MiG-29B-12 were originally designed and certified to log in no more than 120 flight-hours per annum. Despite this, the IAF has been following Western standards of flight operations by requiring its air warriors to log in at least 25 flight-hours per month, or about 275 flight-hours every year, or 2,750 hours in a decade.

Now, if 275 flight-hours are logged in by a Su-30MKI, then within five-and-a-half-years itself it would have reached its scheduled time-between-overhauls (TBO) of 1,500 hours for both the airframe and turbofans, while the prescribed Russian timetables call for the Su-30MKI to approach its TBO after only a decade, i.e. after the Su-30MKI has been flown for 120 hours every year for at least a decade

TRISHUL: The Devil Always Lurks Within The Detail

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom