What's new

India to modernize Sukhoi Su-30MKI fighter fleet with $4 billion program

It still has a lot of life left in it.

With new systems and weapons it remains a pontes platform. No other fighter is capable of carrying Brahmos. It’s load carrying capability is unmatched.
Yeah that is what I'm trying to imply bro

Wouldnt it be better for India to just buy a new aircraft with $4 billion!? Any new investments in Su-30 wont give incremental value worth such investment.

$4 billion won't fetch India more than 36 Rafales or 56 odd Tejas fighters.

Whereas there are 270 Su-30MKIs in service, with all the attendant infra, training and experience in place. Plus there is no platform in terms of range, payload and endurance like the Su-30MKI, which is a boon for the IAF which is sorely lacking aerial tankers.

The MKIs are going to serve another 30 years at least. No one in their right mind will look to let such a huge fleet become obsolete.

I get sick of hearing about this news, yet nothing actually happens.

BC our military planners, they never able to do it on time.

As i said, our planners are just useless people sitting in the goverment office.

The Super Sukhoi upgrade program has been in place for quite some time; it didn't just begin a few years ago.

1st upgrade program should have been completed at least 5 years ago, now suppose to plan for 2nd upgrade from 2024 -25.

But as usual our BC decision makers, hold everything for a long time. there is a long list - from submarines to aircraft i.e Awcs, ships etc

But as usual our BC decision makers, hold everything for a long time. there is a long list - from submarines to aircraft i.e Awcs, ships etc
Final approval by CCS

Back
Top Bottom