What's new

SU-30's Cobra Maneuvers - A Treat for PAF Shaheen

So even though PAF is defensive, it is Migs which acts as interceptor, and MKI having 1 minute spacing to take off while being flown by rookies half the world across, Shaheen can get airborne and destroy MKI on taxi.

The superiority of RD93 comes from the fact that it is routed through China, so the quality increases dramatically.

It can be overhauled in Pakistan, and even though AL31FP is manufactured in India, it has to go to Russia for OH.

Looks like Pakistanis are not satisfied with corrupting the history taught in Pakistan with their version of cr@p, they are also trying to do the same with current affairs :D

Didn't knew MKI had AESA. I thought it still has BARS PESA.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...aneuvers-treat-paf-shaheen.html#ixzz2Wg6sudUC

So even though PAF is defensive, it is Migs which acts as interceptor, and MKI having 1 minute spacing to take off while being flown by rookies half the world across, Shaheen can get airborne and destroy MKI on taxi.

The superiority of RD93 comes from the fact that it is routed through China, so the quality increases dramatically.

It can be overhauled in Pakistan, and even though AL31FP is manufactured in India, it has to go to Russia for OH.

The underlined part is a great revelation indeed. So just anything being routed through China make a great improvement to anything; is it? :rofl:

Then we've all gotta pass through China then! As it is, I have to travel there about twice a year on business; maybe I'll try to double that now. ;)

What!!?? I know that you are being sarcastic, but then sarcasm doesn't cut, these kind of BS should be put down hard at the source itself, we Indian members are here for a reason...right? also because such BS has a tendency of circulating itself over and over, thats why I was serious about comparative specs.

As for AESA radars - the super sukhois may have them.

This seems to all be based from 1 USAF colonel's opinion after Red Flag 2008 and most of his assertions have since been rubbished like the 45+ second spacing between MKI launches- NOT TRUE, India having to send any MKI AL-31 engine back to Russia for servicing- NOT TRUE India has it own engine MRO facilities for the AL-31, TVC being on an "inverted v" axis- NOT TRUE the MKI has full 3D TVC.

Wrt the IAF pilots having less than 100 hours on the MKI- utter unsubstantiated BS. Not even that USAF colonel made this claim- he said the mix was ~50-50 between experienced an inexperienced guys in that particular operational SQD. No number was given. Anyway it has since emerged that IAF pilots and especially those flying the MKI are, in fact, some of the most active pilots in the world and an average MKI pilot will be flying 200-250 hours a year on the MKI.

What!!?? I know that you are being sarcastic, but then sarcasm doesn't cut, these kind of BS should be put down hard at the source itself, we Indian members are here for a reason...right? also because such BS has a tendency of circulating itself over and over, thats why I was serious about comparative specs.

What would you put down? In a country where everything is RAW-CIA-MOSAD conspiracy, do you think any one would listen to facts different from what they want to hear? Did you even read the sentence?

Yet, the quality of these engines due to Russian origin still remain highly susceptible as compare to RD-93(Advance version of Russian RD-33)

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...aneuvers-treat-paf-shaheen.html#ixzz2WgO2g8vO

The reason for AL31FP to be low quality is its origin, Russia, as compared to RD-93. As if RD-93 was made by martians...

And its not that all Pakistanis are stupid enough to fall for that. The opener very well understand the stupidity and hypocrisy of the article. You can give knowledge to illiterates, but what will do you about those who chose to close their eyes?

As for AESA radars - the super sukhois may have them.

The article talks about current capabilities. Currently it is PESA.

The author is doing cherry picking, disregarding timelines, and contexts. Picking up whatever suits his agenda.
For example, it says that MKI pilots are not so experienced:

It was found that pilots of SU-30MKIs had less then 100 flying hours, altogether. Whereas PAF Shaheen are far more superior in terms of flying hours and quality of awareness towards the practicality of technology during the war.

Well duh, the plane that is undergoing induction, bound to have pilots with less flying hours. It is well known that some rookies were sent for that exercise. Its not like this point even needs to be mentioned, or it would remain constant. Also no numbers are ever given regarding flying hours, they just said inexperienced pilots. It is meant for misinformation.

The underlined part is a great revelation indeed. So just anything being routed through China make a great improvement to anything; is it? :rofl:

Then we've all gotta pass through China then! As it is, I have to travel there about twice a year on business; maybe I'll try to double that now. ;)

You might as well visit Pakistan. They would make improvements on whatever was overlooked by the Chinese, if at all...

You forgot to add your capability to fight a two front war in one day. !!

And there it is- the ultimate trump-card/fantasy of too many Pakistanis, big bro China stepping in and taking care of puny bully Bharat!! It is absurd to rely on others' help in defending your own nation- do you guys really not have any pride/self-respect that you bring up "two-front" war and China in every situation concerning India?

I am yet to see any evidence to back this claim unconditional support from China to Pakistan. All I see is China looking after its own interests and looting Pakistan for all its worth and the hilarious part is you guys are giving the Chinese everything they want because you have got it in your head that they will protect you from the evil Yindoos!

Those Chinese are bloody geniuses!!

There was an interesting point that was made int he video if you remember. He said, the jammer on the MKI makes it invisible to legacy fighters, wonder how come nobody on the forum has commented on it.

And there it is- the ultimate trump-card/fantasy of too many Pakistanis, big bro China stepping in and taking care of puny bully Bharat!! It is absurd to rely on others' help in defending your own nation- do you guys really not have any pride/self-respect that you bring up "two-front" war and China in every situation concerning China?

I am yet to see any evidence to back this unconditional support from China to Pakistan. All I see is China looking after its own interests and looting Pakistan for all its worth and the hilarious part is you guys are giving the Chinese everything they want because you have got it in your head that they will protect you from the evil Yindoos!

Those Chinese are bloody geniuses!!

That part makes sense, undoubtedly.
The Chinese have never ever opened a second front; not in 1965; not in 1971, when it was desperately needed and sought; not in 1999 when they just told Musharraff and Nawaz Sharif to withdraw from Kargil instead. So much for "two-front wars" being imposed on India! The facts say something else altogether inspite of fervent wishes of some people. While the Chinese are laughing all the way to the Bank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom