What's new

Displaced Kashmiri Pandits seek Modi’s intervention

why do we need these types of deshdrohi journalists?should be burned alive.
r u a malayali??
Are you a Martian???.............This type of Culture is not followed in any part of world...............If you don't agree with a person...........Just finish them off..................

why do we need these types of deshdrohi journalists?should be burned alive.
r u a malayali??

You can't call him deshdrohi just because he has wrote that . He is just parroting what others are saying without researching into it .

Yes , I'm a malayali . Are you ??

LOL. Indian govt is too embarrass to release official figures. But many anlyst give between 600,000 to 700,000 mark. But ofcourse, you indians will always chose not to believe it. So no point arguing.

LOL. as long as Pakistan sends over target practice once in a while, I am sure those 600,000 soldiers will be happy.

LOL. Indian govt is too embarrass to release official figures. But many anlyst give between 600,000 to 700,000 mark. But ofcourse, you indians will always chose not to believe it. So no point arguing.

So you don't have any proof and in essence the figures you are quoting are just brain f@rts .

LOL. as long as Pakistan sends over target practice once in a while, I am sure those 600,000 soldiers will be happy.

Bro the actual figures are even less than 4,00,000 soldiers .

Well if the Pakistanis actually did some shooting, instead of shooting of their mouth, the Taliban problem would be reduced.

Pankaj Mishra is an odd character. A dedicated Marxist is a safe bet. :tup:
Hint: Check his other posts in The Guardian. But then its The Guardian. :hitwall:
There are around 450,000 armed forces in the State - this includes the military, paramilitary, JnkScouts etc. The Army presence is restricted to the supply columns and the weekend bazaars. Otherwise you see only the Central Reserve Police Forces.

So you don't have any proof and in essence the figures you are quoting are just brain f@rts .

When I give quoted from even Indian journalists writing that India has 600,000 plus soldiers in Indian Occupied Kashmir you chose to ignore it. So now it isw a waste of time to argue on this point any longer. But still there are so many articles and not all are Pakistani journalists quoiting that figure.

Indian army trooper kills officer in Indian-controlled Kashmir
Xinhua | 2013-10-25 23:37:21

An Indian army trooper killed a junior level officer (JCO) inside a camp following a brawl in restive Indian-controlled Kashmir, police said Friday.

Indian-controlled Kashmir is considered as the highest militarized region. Officially India does not reveal the actual number of its troops deployed in the troubled region. However, rights activists say there are over 700,000 Indian troops and paramilitary troops in the region fighting an anti-India insurgency that broke out in 1989.

Source: Global Times

India weighs troop reduction in quieter Kashmir
By Anuj Chopra
Correspondent of The Christian Science Monitor April 2, 2007

SRINAGAR, INDIAN KASHMIR — For the first time in several years, the Indian government on Friday gave indications that it might finally consider the longstanding demands of Kashmiris to reduce its troop presence in the Kashmir valley.

The number of Indian troops, widely seen as the visible agent of Indian oppression, now stands at nearly 600,000 – a significant increase from 36,000 in 1989 when militancy flared.

Source: © The Christian Science Monitor. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Policy.

When I give quoted from even Indian journalists writing that India has 600,000 plus soldiers in Indian Occupied Kashmir you chose to ignore it. So now it isw a waste of time to argue on this point any longer. But still there are so many articles and not all are Pakistani journalists quoiting that figure.

These are all quoting the wrong figure from propaganda articles .

The actual figure of soldiers + paramilitary is less than 4,00,000 .

I want to know, what the source of this headcount since government of India never released such headcount.

Back
Top Bottom