What's new

Return of Pandits to Kashmir, illegal immigrants on MHA list for Modi

True. Plus infant mortality is pretty high :(

About the skewed gender ratio - honestly this is a surprise for me too, I am not aware of any cultural prejudice. We have so far rejected the gender bias, or so I believed :hitwall:

My source is actually from government sources. Jammu and Ladakh has more positive gender ratio. It just seems that in the valley, the gender ratio just plummeted.

The problem is rehabilitating the Pundits on the other side of the Banihal tunnel. Kishtwar, Badharwah etc are not in the Valley. They will be fodder for the sponsored yahoos from across.

I wonder what the long term solution is? They can't be made to stay in gated communities. After all, they have their properties all over Kashmir. This is going to be a tough call. Very few Pundits would be willing to take the risk.
Yet you know the interesting thing? Dogras and Sikhs have permanent property in Khas Srinagar itself, even in posh South Srinigar (where old Geelani lives). Their property is almost untouched. Guess why? :azn:

My source is actually from government sources. Jammu and Ladakh has more positive gender ratio. It just seems that in the valley, the gender ratio just plummeted.
Ravi, I trust thee. It's just that I don't why the ratio is so bad :(
Growing middle class (morality) perhaps? The very poor and the very rich don't abort. But then sorry, I don't know. :(

Ravi, I trust thee. It's just that I don't why the ratio is so bad :(
Growing middle class (morality) perhaps? The very poor and the very rich don't abort. But then sorry, I don't know. :(

LOL. Don't feel bad. I think that Kashmiri Pandits are progressive.

The Kashmiri minister who spoke about it seemed to chide the Muslims in the valley for doing it.

I don't know if Pandits are engaged in female foeticide as well.

@SarthakGanguly Every society will have problems. But some more so than others.

Both Kashmiri Hindus and Muslims have lower fertility than rest of India.
It is true many KPs don't want to go back for the fear of their lives.
Nobody wants to risk it Sarthak.
They've faced it once ....We cant blame them.
Jammu would be the max they'll like to go to if you ask a B'lore settled KP.

SarthakGanguly said:
Yet you know the interesting thing? Dogras and Sikhs have permanent property in Khas Srinagar itself, even in posh South Srinigar (where old Geelani lives). Their property is almost untouched. Guess why? :azn:
Whoa!
That news to me.
Tell me why??

The area is not safe because that had to be forcefully made safe. That doesn't mean peole shouldn't returb to their homes.

Rather than having troops in the state, there should be a flood of intel agents there along with sure shot assassins who can get rid of suspected targets quietly.

Yet you know the interesting thing? Dogras and Sikhs have permanent property in Khas Srinagar itself, even in posh South Srinigar (where old Geelani lives). Their property is almost untouched. Guess why?

Logon ke Fati hogi unki property touch karne se. Aur Kya??

I agree with you.

How ever the situation has changed. Now that crony cast and communal card is loosing the edge. Congress is on its way to death by pusing itself to Number 3 or No 4 position in many of the important states. NAMO is a smart politician. He is not like ABV and ensure complete wiped out of country.
They are on a downfall as you said i agree totally, but give them 5 years time thinking they are dead, they will regroup and try to rise again.Know fungus? bacteria?How they come back?likewise,The main war is won,but the battles in their bastions are left still.This is the time for poaching,Poach all their best using niceties,Only the most loyal chamchas and some will stick around as the family knows their secrets or due to some past birth links some might stay back so they have to stick around.Rest we have 75% of their voterbase are all up for grabs,get them into our camp,they are all Indians after all. :).Once we eroded their support base the building will come down itself.(Everybody wants to be on the winning side right? :))
Be Nice to Congress,aaptards now they will change if you show them reason and logic:D

Last edited:
The area is not safe because that had to be forcefully made safe. That doesn't mean peole shouldn't returb to their homes.

Rather than having troops in the state, there should be a flood of intel agents there along with sure shot assassins who can get rid of suspected targets quietly.
Agree totally bro, along with giving training and Weapon licenses for every settlers. with army hotline just a call away, if Shit hits the fan cases.

But most of the KPs I know lost their properties to some occupants or to fire.
Then how come these dogras and sikhs were spared???
@SarthakGanguly
Dont take an eon to answer this.:coffee:
I hate suspense.
Erm,They started ethnical cleansing in valley,They targeted the Kashmiri pandit intellectuals and heads first, then they went down as per hierarchy.They didn't hit sikhs,dogras and Pandits at once, they did it in a systematical manner,picking their targets,to eradicate any opposition leader in future.

Last edited:
But the question remains except for the ppl living in camps , do the rest ofKashmiri Pandits want to go back home(Kashmir)???
I asked this to my kasmiri friends who have now settled in diff parts of India and their answer was "no".
They dont feel safe anymore in Kasmir. Many of them went to check back on their houses in kasmir to find it either burnt down or already occupied.
Its going to be a tough task to rehabilitate......

I think you're right about this, I had also read about the shrinking population of KPs.
Then let others go and settle there, provided they can bring any high tech surveillance and other weapons,as the americans laws about guns etc.Special state,Special rules ;)

The rate is 1.9 I believe.

I have also read reports that in the valley, the gender ratio has been reduced to 863 females to a 1000 Males?

I would have expected a positive ratio in a place like Kashmir.

Do you have an idea why this is ? Is there a cultural reason?
That's because higher altitudes, more oxygen required, therefore more Haemoglobin.=More Erythropoietin production..Also PDE Inhibitors don't work there.
Not to mention cold,The organ has less blood supply in cold places as it redirects blood to more essential organs instead and many more parameters.

Last edited:
Erm,They started ethnical cleansing in valley,They targeted the Kashmiri pandit intellectuals and heads first, then they went down as per hierarchy.They didn't hit sikhs,dogras and Pandits at once, they did it in a systematical manner,picking their targets,to eradicate any opposition leader in future.

I know that part of the story...I 've lived in both Punjab & Kashmir and have heard stories from people.

Then let others go and settle there, provided they can bring any high tech surveillance and other weapons,as the americans laws about guns etc.Special state,Special rules ;)

Yess...the situation might improve if ppl from other states 're allowed to buy properties in kashmir.
I still see no need for India to bear the burden of this giant white elephant which has gifted Indians few wars (and proxy wars).I know its strategically important for India to retain this "crown" but then J&K and its ppl should get the same treatment as rest of India.No special status should be accorded to them.The KPs that I know of are supporters of abolishing article 370.
Kashmir needs India more than India needs it right now.
Did i speak too much???

Btw living with guns in kashmir is very impractical thing to do.....the terrorists get more sophisticated guns compared to our Army soldiers ,so how can even a civilian afford to buy something as sophisticated??? And then we might soon have another Afghan :sick:

I know that part of the story...I 've lived in both Punjab & Kashmir and have heard stories from people.

Yess...the situation might improve if ppl from other states 're allowed to buy properties in kashmir.
I still see no need for India to bear the burden of this giant white elephant which has gifted Indians few wars (and proxy wars).I know its strategically important for India to retain this "crown" but then J&K and its ppl should get the same treatment as rest of India.No special status should be accorded to them.The KPs that I know of are supporters of abolishing article 370.
Kashmir needs India more than India needs it right now.
Did i speak too much???

Btw living with guns in kashmir is very impractical thing to do.....the terrorists get more sophisticated guns compared to our Army soldiers ,so how can even a civilian afford to buy something as sophisticated??? And then we might soon have another Afghan :sick:
That is not a crown,but the battlefield.If we considered India accordinly,Most wanted the Capital of India in south,But Nehru prevails again and Delhi was made capital.In his book Nehru claimed if we reversed the Indian map, then it would be apt.(South was the thinking part,North was the fighting part).Not that i am a fan of him.

Why impractical to live with guns?didn't i say we need surveillance and weapons.If the government wants to push people, they should give weapons as the demand goes,small investment considering large returns.Why do you think Pakistan employs jihadis against India instead of Conventional war?They lost big time in face to face wars with us, so they are employing the cost effective ratio they can afford with us.Militants come cheap than bullets there,so why not use them :D

Nobody wants to risk it Sarthak.
They've faced it once ....We cant blame them.
Jammu would be the max they'll like to go to if you ask a B'lore settled KP.

Whoa!
That news to me.
Tell me why??

Kashmiri Muslims are scared of Dogras. Outsiders are not acquainted with Kashmiri mentality; we are. During winter, half of kashmir is in Jammu to escape the chill of the valley. Guess what? During that time, there are no protests, no freedom slogans, no nothing in Jammu. Dogras are not like other Hindus.

Back
Top Bottom