What's new

‘Modi will sever J&K from rest of India’

A Narendra Modi-led government could “end up severing Jammu and Kashmir from the rest of the country,” Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah warned in an exclusive interview with The Hindu.

Pointing to Mr. Modi’s promise to review Article 370 of the Constitution, Mr. Abdullah argued that repealing the provision “means that the constitutional bridge between Jammu and Kashmir and the Indian Union will be destroyed.”

Mr. Abdullah pointed to the Bharatiya Janata Party’s promise to grant Union Territory status to the Buddhist-majority province of Ladakh, saying “dismembering Jammu and Kashmir will have awful consequences, both for communal peace in the State and for its wider relationship with India.” “I don’t think enough Indians understand just how dangerous this situation is,” Mr. Abdullah observed.

Mr. Abdullah’s increasingly vocal opposition to Mr. Modi could help him shore up the party’s eroding constituency in a State where politicians who have opposed the Central government have often done well.

The National Democratic Alliance government led by Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee had dropped references to Article 370 from the basic programme of the coalition, though it figured in the party’s own election manifesto. Mr. Abdullah defended his party’s participation in Mr. Vajpayee’s government, saying “Mr. Modi and Mr. Vajpayee are cut from very different cloth. There is just no comparison. Mr. Modi makes it a habit to trade on half truths and outright lies — he actually blamed my father and grandfather for the exodus of Kashmiri Pandits, when the well-documented historical truth is that the National Conference was being butchered, along with Pandits, by terrorists.” Mr. Vajpayee’s relationship with the National Conference deteriorated slowly from 2002 over the NDA government’s backing of the then Chief Minister, Mufti Mohd Sayeed, who ruled the State from November 2002 to November 2005.

‘Modi will sever J&K from rest of India’ - The Hindu

‘Revoking Article 370 means burning the bridge between J&K and India’

‘Revoking Article 370 means burning the bridge between J&K and India’ - The Hindu

There is nothing called as Jammu and Kashmir. There is Jammu and there is Kashmir.

Personally i believe that we should extricate Hindu majority Jammu and Buddhist Majority Ladakh from that Jihadi cesspit called Kashmir at any cost.

MBI Munshi said:
“I don’t think enough Indians understand just how dangerous this situation is,” Mr. Abdullah

Hahaha
Look who is talking??
Omar Abdullah has been more than uncomfortable in the last few months since Modi started to get rave reviews.I hope bigots like him 're thrown away from their seats and stability is restored in J&K.

Modi has been Munshi online bread n butter for sometime now.....He would die without his poisonous bite on Indians..... 370 needs to scrap asap n integrate jnk into mainstream of India..... Else bifurcate Jammu n laddakh from jnk......

I have a feeling both will be disappointed.

But you also feel that India itself will be disappointed with Modi right?

So disappointment all around, but we will certainly be able to live with the disappointment. The question is, what about you guys? :P

HAHAHA

PDF THINK TANK ......jada think mat kar nahi to dimag tank ( fuss) ho jayega !!

But you also feel that India itself will be disappointed with Modi right?

So disappointment all around, but we will certainly be able to live with the disappointment. The question is, what about you guys? :P

The theory is, when Modi takes charge, he will run rampant on Muslims. He won't. He just won't have the power to do so.

Others will argue that he will be authoritarian. Very possible. But I think that is one of the reasons Indians like him in the first place. The ability to get things done, showing up on time and vast reservoirs of energy and discipline.
Qualities missing in Indian polity.

I have argued many times here, having a good Prime minister is good, but what India needs is having more than a dozen excellent chief ministers combined with an excellent cabinet with an equally good Prime Minister.

India will trod along, battered and bruised. Like I said, India is like the friend you knew in college who was stoned all the time, and is amazed to meet in your middle age years.

Corruption is a disease that maligns India, but it is also the glue that binds together religions, ethnicities and vast amount of linhuistic groups, whose leaders all look toward a turn in the feeding trough.

The theory is, when Modi takes charge, he will run rampant on Muslims. He won't. He just won't have the power to do so.

Others will argue that he will be authoritarian. Very possible. But I think that is one of the reasons Indians like him in the first place. The ability to get things done, showing up on time and vast reservoirs of energy and discipline.
Qualities missing in Indian polity.

I have argued many times here, having a good Prime minister is good, but what India needs is having more than a dozen excellent chief ministers combined with an excellent cabinet with an equally good Prime Minister.

India will trod along, battered and bruised. Like I said, India is like the friend you knew in college who was stoned all the time, and is amazed to meet in your middle age years.

Corruption is a disease that maligns India, but it is also the glue that binds together religions, ethnicities and vast amount of linhuistic groups, whose leaders all look toward a turn in the feeding trough.

I agree, it's the economic system itself that needs to be reformed to be more efficient.

If it's only Modi by himself, then there is not much he can do against the vested interests. He needs a vast coalition of powerful players in the Indian Government.

When Deng Xiaoping reformed China's economy, he went through a tough power struggle, and he himself ended up being purged twice. Not to mention his own son was thrown out of a window by Red Guards.

That's why modern Chinese leaders, the first thing they do when they get into power is to consolidate their own support amongst the Politburo Standing Committee. One person alone is never enough, you need the majority of the powerful players on your side, before you can make any big changes.

I agree, it's the economic system itself that needs to be reformed to be more efficient.

If it's only Modi by himself, then there is not much he can do against the vested interests. He needs a vast coalition of powerful players in the Indian Government.

When Deng Xiaoping reformed China's economy, he went through a tough power struggle, and he himself ended up being purged twice. Not to mention his own son was thrown out of a window by Red Guards.

That's why modern Chinese leaders, the first thing they do when they get into power is to consolidate their own support amongst the Politburo Standing Committee. One person alone is never enough, you need the majority of the powerful players on your side, before you can make any big changes.

India still need to spend big on it's infrastructure. Power, sanitation, transport.

I am amazed at the lackadaisical attitude of the government regarding this.

The next thing would be IA troops storming into the Abdullahs', Mirwaizs', Geelanis' houses and snuffing them out.

their are other ways which looks different but gives similar results.

bjp has said making Ladakh a UT.

India still need to spend big on it's infrastructure. Power, sanitation, transport.

I am amazed at the lackadaisical attitude of the government regarding this.
Without sacrifices development cannot be done. The problem in India (especially Kerala ) is that people want development but in neighbours plot not his.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom