What's new

‘Modi hid facts about Pulwama attack for political benefit’

villageidiot

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
• Held Kashmir’s ex-governor Satya Pal claims Indian PM wanted to blame Pakistan
• Calls Modi ‘ignorant’ on Kashmir, demands restoration of statehood for the region

NEW DELHI: Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi hid key facts from the public about the Pulwama terror attack that killed dozens of paramilitary troops in India-held Jammu and Kashmir in February 2019, a former governor of the disputed region has said.

Satya Pal Malik also told The Wire in an interview that he immediately realised that Mr Modi wanted to use the attack to blame Pakistan for the benefit of his government and the BJP.

In a wide-ranging interview with Karan Thapar, published on Friday, Mr Malik also slammed corruption under Mr Modi’s watch. “I can safely say the PM has no real problem with corruption,” he said.

Mr Malik was governor during the Pulwama attack and the scrapping of Article 370 in August that year. He said the Indian prime minister was “ill-informed” and “ignorant” about Kashmir, and that he had told Mr Malik not to speak about the home ministry’s lapses, which led to the devastating incident.

Mr Malik revealed that the attack on the Central Reserve Police Force convoy in Pulwama was a result of “incompetence” and “carelessness” by the Indian system, specifically the CRPF and the home ministry.

Mr Malik gave details of how the CRPF had asked for aircraft to transport its personnel, but was refused by the home ministry.

More importantly, he said all of these lapses were raised by him directly when Mr Modi called him from outside Corbett Park, shortly after the Pulwama attack. He said the prime minister told him to keep quiet about this and not tell anyone.

Separately, Mr Malik said that National Security Adviser Ajit Doval also told him to keep quiet and not talk about it. Mr Malik said he immediately realised that the intention was to put the blame on Pakistan and derive electoral benefit for the government and BJP.

Mr Malik also said that there was grave intelligence failure in the Pulwama incident, because the car carrying 300 kilograms of RDX explosives had allegedly come from across the border, but was travelling around the roads and villages of India-held Jammu and Kashmir for 10-15 days without being detected and without anyone knowing.

Mr Malik also detailed why he did not let Mehbooba Mufti form a new government, even though she claimed a majority of 56 in the 87-member assembly and why he chose instead to dissolve the assembly in November 2018. At one point, he accused Mehbooba Mufti of lying, saying that the parties whose support she was claiming, such as the National Conference, were separately telling him to dissolve the assembly because they feared horse-trading.

Mr Malik said the prime minister is “ignorant” and “ill-informed” about Kashmir. He said that removing India-held Kashmir’s statehood was a mistake and it should be restored immediately.

Speaking about Mr Modi, Mr Malik said the prime minister is not at all concerned about corruption.

He said he was removed as governor of Goa in August 2020 and sent to Meghalaya because he had brought to the prime minister’s attention several instances of corruption, which the government chose to ignore rather than tackle.

He alleged that the people around the prime minister are indulging in corruption and often use the PMO’s name. Mr Malik said he had brought all this to Mr Modi’s attention, but added that the PM did not seem to care.

Published in Dawn, April 15th, 2023

https://www.dawn.com/news/1747727

@-=virus=- @Paitoo @Areesh

lies

Karan Thappar is still butthurt over Modi walking out of his interview all those years ago.

Mr Modi was being bullied, and he gracefully walked out instead of getting in the gutter with him.

Mr Modi was being bullied, and he gracefully walked out instead of getting in the gutter with him.
Please post this interview here and give timestamps for where he was being bullied

lies

Karan Thappar is still butthurt over Modi walking out of his interview all those years ago.

BTW, it's Satya Pal's comments we are discussing, not Thapar's.

lies

Errr.. It's not Karan Thapar who is pointing the finger.... Modi's own former governor to IOK is opening the Pandora box.
Wesey hi tu nai kehtey... Modi hey tu mumkin hey. Most self centred PM around these days.... Kitch meri photo.

1443590742-1135_camera4.jpg

Governors report to the President not to the PM. Kind of late and lame.
And Karan Thapar Is a fraud anyway so all these opportunist losers go to him for another 15 mins of fame. The term presstitute came about because of these people.

Please post this interview here and give timestamps for where he was being bullied
IPL chal raha hai, khud dekho

BTW, it's Satya Pal's comments we are discussing, not Thapar's.
Tharap apni axe Satya Paal se grind karva ra saala.

Very sleazy character, Mr Karan.. total slimeball.

Errr.. It's not Karan Thapar who is pointing the finger.... Modi's own former governor to IOK is opening the Pandora box.
Wesey hi tu nai kehtey... Modi hey tu mumkin hey. Most self centred PM around these days.... Kitch meri photo.

View attachment 924849
Jeez..., the way he's looking at the camera - he actually looks like pedhopile.

That's as scary of a look you can get out of him.

He's just confirming what was already known to rest of the world. Pulwama was indeed used as an oppertunity to malign Pakistan & stirr up anti-Pakistan sentiments just to gain political goals.
What was more surprising that even after failed bombing, IAF's aerial loss against PAF they still cheered victory. This is a text book example of delusional society where indivituals simply can't comprehend all the facts which are laid bare in front of them.
Maybe someday we might hear Mr. Abhinandan speak up that he was given a medal & told to shut up because the real story was too embarassing for indians in general & iAF in particular.

He's just confirming what was already known to rest of the world. Pulwama was indeed used as an oppertunity to malign Pakistan & stirr up anti-Pakistan sentiments just to gain political goals.
What was more surprising that even after failed bombing, IAF's aerial loss against PAF they still cheered victory. This is a text book example of delusional society where indivituals simply can't comprehend all the facts which are laid bare in front of them.
It's face saving. Everyone does it.

Maybe someday we might hear Mr. Abhinandan speak up that he was given a medal & told to shut up because the real story was too embarassing for indians in general & iAF in particular.
He won't and he shouldn't. I am frankly surprised he didn't fold and become part of the "we shot down f-16" crap. Everyone else was saying it except the man who supposedly shot it. That's saying a lot.

Guy has my respect for that.

He won't and he shouldn't. I am frankly surprised he didn't fold and become part of the "we shot down f-16" crap. Everyone else was saying it except the man who supposedly shot it. That's saying a lot.

Guy has my respect for that.
My impression of him was same until he stood up to receive a medal for shooting down of an F-16. An officer of honour wouldn't do that because it's betrayal to deserving officers & it undermines the value of military honours. I can understand the propaganda value for IAF but question is who are they fooling?

My impression of him was same until he stood up to receive a medal for shooting down of an F-16. An officer of honour wouldn't do that because it's betrayal to deserving officers & it undermines the value of military honours. I can understand the propaganda value for IAF but question is who are they fooling?
I think we have to cut him some slack. They'd have his head for getting shot down if he didn't consent to be paraded as a champion. At least, he didn't actively participate in propaganda. That's what I think.

@Windjammer , what do you think?

He was probably coerced to take it. Threatened or bribes, not out of the normal in India.

As much as I hate GHQ and it’s minions and want bloodshed of Pajeets regardless what size the dot on their forehead or what type cow they molest in their villages, I’d have to say, Pakistan performed marvelously. Pakistan stripped the naked fakir down to their shivered up testicles and laid bare for the whole world to see Indians as bunch of pussies they are

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom