What's new

Return of Pandits to Kashmir, illegal immigrants on MHA list for Modi

No - actually most Muslims you see in Doda for example are Shia and some from the Sufi branches. They are also refugees. Most of the police personnel that join the JnK police come from these people (and they beat the crap out of the stone throwers).

Plus, the return of 700,000 Pandits or even the very prospect will make the entry of RSS and Arya Samaj much easier. The Pandits rejected the RSS in the 90s. This time something like that is not going to happen again.

Shias are trustworthy as long as Shia-Sunni civil war goes on. I do not think that adherence to sufism makes muslim; a moderate muslim. Chechenya is burning testament to that fact.

Anyway if Arya Samajist could do something about this demographic quagmire of Kashmir, well and good.

+ RSS would have to beef itself up to be effective in Kashmir.

@SarthakGanguly ,I hope gun laws be liberalized in Kashmiri minority and pandits arm themselves to the teeth.

Shias are trustworthy as long as Shia-Sunni civil war goes on. I do not think that adherence to sufism makes muslim; a moderate muslim. Chechenya is burning testament to that fact.

Anyway if Arya Samajist could do something about this demographic quagmire of Kashmir, well and good.

+ RSS would have to beef itself up to be effective in Kashmir.

Chechnya was sufi by name only.The person imam shamil who claimed to be sufi and funded by Britain was influenced by Wahabbi type ideology. Nevertheless ,Russians made a good example of Chechnya. and Chechen people they have been barbarians and bandits for 500 years. Even the circassians asked Ivan the terrible for protection of Kabardina from Chechen banditry and raids,Ivan the terrible married a circassian princess and sent the streltsy there.

Another interesting factor is the overall reduction of the Kashmiri Muslim population when compared to other group in JnK. This is a well established fact.
Can you please explain in detail this aspect. Your posts are very illuminating to non Kashmiris like me.

I thought KM's were increasing in population relativity when compared to other groups in J&K.

Can you please explain in detail this aspect. Your posts are very illuminating to non Kashmiris like me.

I thought KM's were increasing in population relativity when compared to other groups in J&K.
The Kashmiri Muslim population has actually declined slowly and steadily.

Concern expressed over constant decline of Muslim population in J&K

Indian Census and Muslim population growth

The growing fears Lastupdate:- Fri, 11 Jun 2010 18:30:00 GMT GreaterKashmir.com

Currently around 63-64% of JnK is Muslim. Now you can safely bring it to 50-55% if you discount the Shias, Sufis and Ahmedis, though negligible (since that is the ground scenario).
In 41, it was around 77%.

Locate them at one place fully protected by Inain army. Give them weapon and training so that they can handle local goons and Mullahs.
That's like staying in a ghetto. How about their houses and agricultural properties they've left behind all over Kashmir?

That's like staying in a ghetto. How about their houses and agricultural properties they've left behind all over Kashmir?
A realistic way of doing it would be to set up a Directorate in charge of the population transfer, including jurisdiction over economic claims. Once established, the the occupiers can be evicted and the rightful owners restored. For the security point of view, the present apparatus will be able to tackle the situation. If things get tougher, there may be a new solution - something that we can't fathom right now.

Currently around 63-64% of JnK is Muslim. Now you can safely bring it to 50-55% if you discount the Shias, Sufis and Ahmedis, though negligible (since that is the ground scenario).
Thankyou for this.
Can you also list out why this is so.
How is it that in rest of India, Muslim population is increasing in percentage terms to non Muslims, while it is decreasing in JnK?

Thankyou for this.
Can you also list out why this is so.
How is it that in rest of India, Muslim population is increasing in percentage terms to non Muslims, while it is decreasing in JnK?
Lower birthrate, declining economic standard, general despondency. We also commit suicide a lot.

Lower birthrate, declining economic standard, general despondency.
Someone in this thread mentioned that Muslim growth rate in Kashmir is higher than the non Muslim growth rate.
Declining economic standards means more kids. Its economic prosperity that makes people produce lesser kids.

I think we are talking on different terms here.

I was asking how is it that Muslims are declining in percentage terms in JnK compared to non Muslims.

We also commit suicide a lot.
We?
Are you talking about Muslims or Hindus or all JnK wallas?

Someone in this thread mentioned that Muslim growth rate in Kashmir is higher than the non Muslim growth rate.
Declining economic standards means more kids. Its economic prosperity that makes people produce lesser kids.

I think we are talking on different terms here.

I was asking how is it that Muslims are declining in percentage terms in JnK compared to non Muslims.

We?
Are you talking about Muslims or Hindus or all JnK wallas?
Well, honestly I am not sure why, but depression does lower fertility. And yes I mean all Kashir ppl - Hindus Muslims etc

@SarthakGanguly

Is there any Group or Biradari among Kashmiri Sunni muslims which is predominantly loyal to India?
Not much anymore. After Benazir shouted, there was some, for a few years. Then the Kashmiri part(infighting) grew stronger. :D

Lower birthrate, declining economic standard, general despondency. We also commit suicide a lot.

If this is true then the situation is far better than I thought it was :cheers: So are you saying that Dogras have higher birthrate than KMs and KPs? What about Jammu muslims?

Maybe this is also because of Kashmiris migrating to other states in India.

That would require a huge exodus. Unlikely but possible.

If this is true then the situation is far better than I thought it was :cheers: So are you saying that Dogras have higher birthrate than KMs and KPs? What about Jammu muslims?
It seems so. About Jammu Muslims, I have no clue :(

Kashmiris don't migrate to other states in huge numbers it seems

That would require a huge exodus. Unlikely but possible.

It seems so. About Jammu Muslims, I have no clue :(

So that means uncultured barbarians (Dogras) will become dominant in the future :devil:

Back
Top Bottom