What's new

Arjun MK-II Gearing up for final trials

I0dVx.jpg

Arjun MK-II is all set and gearing up for its final Summer Trials which are to be held by end of next month or in early July before it hits productions. Indian army has asked for 93 improvements to the Arjun Mark II tank including 19 major modifications.

All the modifications suggested by the army had been successfully incorporated in the tank and will be ready for final trials by Indian army after which DRDO will seek clearance for production to start. Heavy Vehicles Factory (HVF) Avadi will need 30 months (Two and a half years) to deliver first batch of Arjun MK-2 to Indian army, DRDO is also hoping for fresh orders of Arjun MK-II from its current 126 placed by Indian army some time back.

MK-2 will see increase in weight from 62 tonne to 67 tonne. The suspension has been re-designed to handle up to 70 tonne weight. Wheels are bigger in dimensions and have improved track length, MK-2 will be powered by the same MTU engine imported from Germany but it has been improved to carry extra weight of the tank but the top speed of the tank will be limited to 58kmph coming down from 72kmph seen on MK-1 Arjun. DRDO is working on indigenous powerhouse for future tanks but Integrations with Arjun can only happen if Army places order for 3 more Regiments of Arjun MKII (350). Otherwise it will only serve in next generation battle tank which Drdo is developing under Futuristic Main Battle Tank (FMBT) Program for Indian Army post 2020.

MK-2 will have improvements like missile firing capability, improved commander’s panoramic sight with night vision, Hunter killer capability, improved Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) , improved communication equipments along with better navigation aid , full frontal Explosive Reactive Armour (ERA), Mine plough , improved gun barrel , additional ammunition types.

In Previous trials MK2 did not face any issues and Army was satisfied with its performance, DRDO has now completed all the improvements asked by Indian army on MK-2 variant and hopes Army will be satisfied after final rounds of trials and clears production of it along with fresh orders.

this tank stil in testing? jesus christ lol

Not at all, a look at the MK.1 against some of its contemporaies:

P5200036.JPG

Doesn't fair to badly at all! And this is the MK.1 version- the MK.2 will kick some serious behind!

Man the biggest difference is in the gun and the ammunition.Our current APFSDS round is no match for the tank rounds these tanks use,the long rod penetrator with DU or tungsten core especially on the m1a2 is just brutal.The rheinmetall 120mm gun on the leopard and abrams is just head and shoulders above the rest in firepower.

What can we do with uninformed trolls like you.Arjun was inducted by indian army way back in 2009.It is currently fielded by 43rd armoured regiment that became active in 2009 and 75th armoured regiment in 2011.Both deployed near rajasthan desert.
It has taken part in numerous full scale army exercises and is completely operational for 4 yrs.Crews have expressed their satisfaction and its nicknamed desert safari compared to cramped soviet style designs.This ongoing discussion is on the arjun mk2,similar to how you people keep talking of the al khalid 2 which we still haven't seen either.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Active arjun production line.

Arjun tanks during army exercise in camo.

Inauguration ceremony of an arjun regiment some years back.

Arjun tanks from 43rd regiment at republic day parade.

If you have no information or idea about the current status of a weapons system,first search google.Don't make irrelevant useless posts and troll.Samjha pappu?

looks like a pretty pathetic, i expected more from country like india.
we dont show off our products anymore till they finished, so thats why you havent seen al khalid 2.

Your tiny little al khalid tank isn't particularly better than pathetic.Wake me up when we can see al kahlid 2.I place a bet it won't be before arjun mk2.When arjun strated out al khalid was already operational and pakistani members used to joke.Now al kahlid 2 has become something of a joke we have been hearing since 2005.While arjun project has slowly gained momentum.Slow but steady wins the race.

Your tiny little al khalid tank isn't particularly better than pathetic.Wake me up when we can see al kahlid 2.I place a bet it won't be before arjun mk2.When arjun strated out al khalid was already operational and pakistani members used to joke.Now al kahlid 2 has become something of a joke we have been hearing since 2005.While arjun project has slowly gained momentum.Slow but steady wins the race.

campare arjun with al khalid if you want.
al khalid is way better then arjun we all discussed this to death on the forum so stop with your bs.

That is just a lame way of saying, "we haven't started yet."

could be, who knows but its better to plan it out and do it the write way instead of what you guys did with the arjun the first time lol.

al khalid is way better then arjun we all discussed this to death on the forum so stop with your bs.

could be, who knows but its better to plan it out and do it the write way instead of what you guys did with the arjun the first time lol.

You discussed it with yourselves only and then congratulated urselves.Al kahlids gun can't even penetrate arjun's frontal armour.T-90 and israeli apfsds rounds couldn't do it.U think pakistani tank round can?Dream on.The size and weight itself puts arjun in different class than al kahlid which is a medium tank at best compared to heavy armour of arjun.

I think the country which can mass produce its tanks will have an edge in war. Remember thats why german panzers lost to US sherman tanks in ww2. Now which of the 2 countries can mass produce them...India or Pakistan?

Yay my first post:cheesy:..

And the right way according to you is?

looks like a pretty pathetic, i expected more from country like india.
we dont show off our products anymore till they finished, so thats why you havent seen al khalid 2.

Mod , why don't you ban this person???
Go away, don't troll here..

Look like you forget your real god...

I'm not a tank guy, but some Indian members were telling me that that the Arjun Mk-1 was really bad and the Mk-2 is supposed to address the issues with the first.

Can any Indian members tell me what the problems were with the first?

Its called evolution, The product evolve. Take example of any equipment, lets talk about Merkava Tank, Today Israel is making Merkava IV, does it means Merkava I, II and III were inferior?

124 Arjuna MK I is delivered to IA, 124 is in production. MK II is in trial, once trial done, 124 will be in production. If IA will ask for more MK II the factory will manufacture more.

In the mean time DRDO will start work on Arjuna MK III

Its called evolution, The product evolve. Take example of any equipment, lets talk about Merkava Tank, Today Israel is making Merkava IV, does it means Merkava I, II and III were inferior?

124 Arjuna MK I is delivered to IA, 124 is in production. MK II is in trial, once trial done, 124 will be in production. If IA will ask for more MK II the factory will manufacture more.

In the mean time DRDO will start work on Arjuna MK III

That's not really what I'm asking. I'm asking why some Indians were saying the Arjun was worse than what was expected. I found it to be a pretty good tank as a platform for future iterations, so I never really understood the criticism.

just get the hell out of here. don't troll you moron

Just report him.

Back
Top Bottom