What's new

Arjun MK-II Gearing up for final trials

good the more the merrier,more targets for our nasr tbm :devil:

Wonder how difficult it would be to design a RCWS in house... Plus we take too long to decide on something as small as this.

The thing is the IMI WAVE-300 RCWS had been selected for the Arjun in the past but following their blacklisting the DRDO had to launch a fresh bid and now Elbit Systems’ ORCWS, RAFAEL’s Samson-30 and SAAB’s Trackfire are in the fray. Hence the time taken to select the system.

the weight issue also gt solved ? I dont think so ?

What weight issue son??? Which 4 crew tank in world has lesser weight??? I will suggest you to compare all 4 crew-member tank and then come with issue....

4th crew add additional 10 tons (its known fact, only prostitute and money greedy army generals don't know it)...

stop showing of your ego on something PAF cannot afford:sniper::devil:
sorry what r we talking about ?btw compare ur arjun program and its capabilities with our al-kalid,aap ko paata lag jai ga kon kitnai paani mai hai

sorry what r we talking about ?btw compare ur arjun program and its capabilities with our al-kalid,aap ko paata lag jai ga kon kitnai paani mai hai
sorry thoght it was an another thread

I really don't understand the requirement of IA. At one place they want Arjun to carry maximum weapon, carry and fire maximum type of weapon, wants ERA throughout the frontal area, Wants the best armour,etc,etc. Then how come they can ask for a 55 ton platform. Even T-90 don't posses all these qualities. IA's requirement are more close to M1Abram but they want weight of T-90. Practically a tough nut to crack OR simply a process to keep importing weapon and fill their pockets with bribes.

What weight issue son??? Which 4 crew tank in world has lesser weight??? I will suggest you to compare all 4 crew-member tank and then come with issue....

4th crew add additional 10 tons (its known fact, only prostitute and money greedy army generals don't know it)...

No need to gang up on me dudes.. What I am talking is a fact !

IA wants the weight to be less than 55T and Arjun MK-II is total 7T extra. Now IA generals might be money grabbing wh0res but that doesnot mean DRDO can say that " all issues have been fixed and requirements met" .

No need to gang up on me dudes.. What I am talking is a fact !

IA wants the weight to be less than 55T and Arjun MK-II is total 7T extra. Now IA generals might be money grabbing wh0res but that doesnot mean DRDO can say that " all issues have been fixed and requirements met" .

You working off outdated info mate- the IA had in the past insisted on a ~55 ton tank but now the Arjun has proven itself and the MK.2 even more so the IA is okay with a 60+ ton tank and the fact they are building their infrastructire around the Arjun shows this. The FMBT/Arjun MK.3 will be closer to 70 tons FYI.

Looks like a beast. Assuming all goes well any idea when the IA will start inducting them.

There is an OFB made 7.62mm RCWS with a grenade launcher in service with our MPVs.

you are right..actually they made this..

dsc02265qd4.jpg

29-Stablised-Remote-Controll.jpg

Stabilised Remote Controlled Weapon Station :
Weapon 7.62 mm LMG
Ammunition 460 rounds in two belts
Coverage 3600 x N in Azimuth, -200 to + 600 in Elevation
Dimensions 600 x 800 mm
Weight 170 Kg
Angular rates Azimuth - 1 rad/sec, Elevation - 0.5 red/sec
Power 24 V
Day Sight CCD zoom X1 to > X20
Night Sight
Ordnance Factory Board

credit goes to @acetophenol

Last edited by a moderator:
you are right..don't know about specs,but actually they made this..

dsc02265qd4.jpg

29-Stablised-Remote-Controll.jpg

credit goes to @acetophenol

Thanks for posting the pics my friend,as i am handicapped from my cellphone! I pass on the credit onto Kunal Biswas from Defence forum India.

Great why not we are using that

I don't know buddy,may be our system isn't capable of handling the 12.7 mm Anti Aircraft gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone seen the movie "The Pentagon Wars". If not then see it(it is hilarious) and compare to what IA and IAF people are doing to Arjun and Tejas projects.:hitwall: Alas, DRDO is also equally responsible..

Has anyone seen the movie "The Pentagon Wars". If not then see it(it is hilarious) and compare to what IA and IAF people are doing to Arjun and Tejas projects.:hitwall: Alas, DRDO is also equally responsible..

Some parallels but it is not really a fair comparison to Indian projects like Arjun and LCA.

It never amazes my how much people underestimate what the DRDO have done with such ground-breaking projects and the mountain they have had to scale.

Back
Top Bottom