What's new

Arjun MK-II Gearing up for final trials

The thing is the IMI WAVE-300 RCWS had been selected for the Arjun in the past but following their blacklisting the DRDO had to launch a fresh bid and now Elbit Systems’ ORCWS, RAFAEL’s Samson-30 and SAAB’s Trackfire are in the fray. Hence the time taken to select the system.

Samson 30 is a RCWS with a 30mm Autocannon and not a GPMG.THe version most probably being submitted for the bid is the SAMSON Jr RCWS.

This is SAMSON 30 on a Pandur IICZ

pandurs-iicz-1-copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
the right way?
the right is the way where the tank can actually be used by the forces, i herd at one point arjun was refused by your army. your not making a jet that you need to do trials almost a decade, it was just a tank.

You heard wrong. Nothing what you say makes sense. Your info is just flawed. Either you are misinformed or just .... .
Mk1 is already inducted. (Fact).
A decade = ten years. Mk2's trials are not going on from last ten years. (Fact).
And if the army wasn't satisfied with the first batch they couldn't have pre ordered Mk2.

Why not? It can be airlifted by the IAF's fleet of C-17s, the IA has special rail carriages for it or it can be driven by road on the back of a wagon.

but i heard that the tank is not suitable for mountainous terrain there...due to its weight.

but i heard that the tank is not suitable for mountainous terrain there...due to its weight.

But in what way? I have covered how it can be transported to the North and NE quite easily now and even though it is heavier than the T-90 or T-72s, because of the suspension and track technology the ground pressure on the Arjun is signifcanlty less than the T-90s and T-72s and even the MK.2 which will way even more will have the cause the same ground pressure as the MK.1.

But in what way? I have covered how it can be transported to the North and NE quite easily now and even though it is heavier than the T-90 or T-72s, because of the suspension and track technology the ground pressure on the Arjun is signifcanlty less than the T-90s and T-72s and even the MK.2 which will way even more will have the cause the same ground pressure as the MK.1.

But these less ground pressure will work on ground not on bridges

Bridge is not plain ground but a long structure consisted of several spans

Indeed, but this is way work is being done across operational areas to address this with haste. The whole country is going infrastructure/development crazy and the IA is no different.

These are rail transportable, and yes a bridge can handle more than 50 tons, have a look at the bridge that takes the load of a train. So I guess it shouldnt be a problem.

And what kind of bridges India has where 50 Tonn T90 can pass but 60 Tonn Arjuna can't??? I agree every bridge has max load bearing point..

It is known fact that due to low ground pressure/inch Arjuna is better than T90 (In Mobility). Problem comes where Arjuna face a bridge which can not hold more than 50 tonns..

For those scenario BLT are there, and if the water is less, Tank can cross the river as well.. :P

These are rail transportable, and yes a bridge can handle more than 50 tons, have a look at the bridge that takes the load of a train. So I guess it shouldnt be a problem.

Rail bridges are strong

I am talking abut bridges made for vehicles like bridges on rivers i.e bridges like vashi khadi bridge

And what kind of bridges India has where 50 Tonn T90 can pass but 60 Tonn Arjuna can't??? I agree every bridge has max load bearing point..

It is known fact that due to low ground pressure/inch Arjuna is better than T90 (In Mobility). Problem comes where Arjuna face a bridge which can not hold more than 50 tonns..

For those scenario BLT are there, and if the water is less, Tank can cross the river as well.. :P

That's what I said

Bridge is not plain ground but a long structure connecting 2 points, consisted of spans

And every bridge has max bearing(weight) limit; majority normal Indian bridges haven't been built keeping Arjun in mind(As far as I know)

And Tanks pass as columns not one by one

@sancho> Am I right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rail bridges are strong

I am talking abut bridges made for vehicles like bridges on rivers i.e bridges like vashi khadi bridge

Other than the province of Punjab and nearby areas, Arjun can be deployed anywhere. In the NE terrain, most of the bridges ahead of Army post are made to carry 80ton and more weight.Arjun can be airlifted till the Army camp by C-17 Globemaster.

Other than the province of Punjab and nearby areas, Arjun can be deployed anywhere. In the NE terrain, most of the bridges ahead of Army post are made to carry 80ton and more weight.Arjun can be airlifted till the Army camp by C-17 Globemaster.

LIght tanks and T-90 are more suitable for NE terrain

Even if bridges in NE are strong, the narrow roads and rough terrain will not allow to operate Arjun easily

Back
Top Bottom