What's new

Arjun MK-II Gearing up for final trials

That's not really what I'm asking. I'm asking why some Indians were saying the Arjun was worse than what was expected. I found it to be a pretty good tank as a platform for future iterations, so I never really understood the criticism.

IA always wants best of everything,it wants a 4 crew tank with western style mbt protection but want it at around soviet style mbts which weigh around 50 tonnes.Thats not practical,and then they complain about weight.Its only after trial successes that russian tank lobby slowly beginning to see the light after defeat of t-90 in trials.
I already pointed out that as a basic platform its a good tank,its the small tidbits here and there and there are many useful additions that can be made,that makes a good tank a VERY good tank and thats what is being attempted with the new marks.

That's not really what I'm asking. I'm asking why some Indians were saying the Arjun was worse than what was expected. I found it to be a pretty good tank as a platform for future iterations, so I never really understood the criticism.

Bro, Like Pakistani, Indians too are corrupt... There is strong lobby which sabotage any such deals... Read this

The Army wrote in the report that during the "accelerated user-cum-reliability trials" in 2008, the Arjun "was found to have failure of power packs, low accuracy and consistency, failure of hydropneumatic suspension units, shearing of top rollers and chipping of gun barrels".[21] Sabotage was suspected, but the Army rejected that any sabotage happened during the trials.[10][59] A later report published by the Government of India during the induction ceremony of the Arjun tank, confirms the success of the trial. "An independent evaluation of the tank by a reputed tank manufacturer found that the MBT Arjun is an excellent tank with very good mobility and fire power characteristics."[60] DRDO installed an instrument to function as a black box in the Arjun, following attempts to "sabotage" its engine.[61]

Subsequently in September 2008, the Indian Army signed a deal with Russia to import 347 T-90 tanks and license build a further 1000

That lobby earned Massive kick back in T90 deal... Our first lady husband was also involved in Kickback (Boforse). Our First lady is believed to be involved in AW Helo deal kickback...

This is for Pakistani member @Spring Onion

DRDO chief V.K. Saraswat, also the scientific adviser to the defence minister, told HT at Aero India-2011: "The new variant will have several modifications including superior missile firing capabilities.

The missile firing capability was there in Arjun-I , In MKII it will be refined..

Last edited by a moderator:
The rheinmetall 120mm gun on the leopard and abrams is just head and shoulders above the rest in firepower.

Maximum chamber pressure value of different Guns.

Rheinmetall 120mm L44 and US M256 7100 bars (M1A2 and older Leo)
Rheinmetall 120mm L55 7600-9000 bars (Leo 2A6)
ARDE L52 120mm 8400 bars (Arjun)

You Decide.

A total of 124 or so Mk1 was ordered next 124 are Mk2 orders.

The same is true as per my knowledge too but some members have been claiming thats its 248(124+124) Mk1 followed by 124 Mk2, so thats why i asked.:)

Btw @DARKY can u tell me whether all 124 Arjun Mk1 have been produced or it stoped at 119 only.:undecided:

The same is true as per my knowledge too but some members have been claiming thats its 248(124+124) Mk1 followed by 124 Mk2, so thats why i asked.:)

Btw @DARKY can u tell me whether all 124 Arjun Mk1 have been produced or it stoped at 119 only.:undecided:

There are 114 or so in service with Army.

The point is Indians are hard working are not paranoid about Pakistan..

Arjun is inducted, is in active service, will be evolving.. so there is no end for its development..

so even in 2020 you will still see arjun in development.. probably Mark 3 or whatever it might be..

If you are still thinking Indians have not intellect to develop any thing... consider this.

the Keyboard and PC you used type might be 100% Made in china..
but the software that you use has more indian brain than pakistani .
So you are using an Indian contributed product every day!

So we know we are capable and we dont have to drum it around!

you sure you dont want to take that statement about software back?

I think the country which can mass produce its tanks will have an edge in war. Remember thats why german panzers lost to US sherman tanks in ww2. Now which of the 2 countries can mass produce them...India or Pakistan?

Yay my first post:cheesy:..
pakistan can and so can india

yea thats what i telling , last time one of another fool started argument on LAHAT missile that arjun cant fire Missiles, when shown Video/Pc firing missile then he couldn't got place to hide his face in shame.

all i said was that it looks pretty pathtic, i expected better from a country like india, take it as a compliment

And the right way according to you is?

the right way?
the right is the way where the tank can actually be used by the forces, i herd at one point arjun was refused by your army. your not making a jet that you need to do trials almost a decade, it was just a tank.

mods are blind. they can't see a troll if he/she is from pakistan/china and some what bangladesh. they are busy banning indians when we try reply them.

all i was trying to do is compliment you guys and you turned it into this,

i said that i was expected better a better tank from india then this!, whats wrong with that? if you start throwing insults at me after that im not going to let it slide.

mods are blind. they can't see a troll if he/she is from pakistan/china and some what bangladesh. they are busy banning indians when we try reply them.

i said that i was expected better a better tank from india then this!, whats wrong with that? if you start throwing insults at me after that im not going to let it slide.

the right way?
the right is the way where the tank can actually be used by the forces, i herd at one point arjun was refused by your army. your not making a jet that you need to do trials almost a decade, it was just a tank.

i said that i was expected better a better tank from india then this!, whats wrong with that? if you start throwing insults at me after that im not going to let it slide

i am giving you some post where you started your troll feast

this tank stil in testing? jesus christ lol

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...-gearing-up-final-trials-4.html#ixzz2UCE9A644

looks like a pretty pathetic, i expected more from country like india.
we dont show off our products anymore till they finished, so thats why you havent seen al khalid 2.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...-gearing-up-final-trials-4.html#ixzz2UCEPBEAC

campare arjun with al khalid if you want.
al khalid is way better then arjun we all discussed this to death on the forum so stop with your bs.
could be, who knows but its better to plan it out and do it the write way instead of what you guys did with the arjun the first time lol.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...-gearing-up-final-trials-4.html#ixzz2UCEYqWcC

im comparing , its alredi written in stone that al khalid is better.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...-gearing-up-final-trials-4.html#ixzz2UCEkZxjS

still you are saying you complementing us. who started comparing with al khalid? if you want to post something post it in a manner.

i am giving you some post where you started your troll feast

this tank stil in testing? jesus christ lol

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...-gearing-up-final-trials-4.html#ixzz2UCE9A644

that was a legitimate question.

looks like a pretty pathetic, i expected more from country like india.
we dont show off our products anymore till they finished, so thats why you havent seen al khalid 2.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...-gearing-up-final-trials-4.html#ixzz2UCEPBEAC

i was trying to compliment the indian people while trying to give my two cents on the tank but i guess you people dont deserve compliments.

campare arjun with al khalid if you want.
al khalid is way better then arjun we all discussed this to death on the forum so stop with your bs.
could be, who knows but its better to plan it out and do it the write way instead of what you guys did with the arjun the first time lol.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...-gearing-up-final-trials-4.html#ixzz2UCEYqWcC

i believe all this is after you guys started bringing up al khalid out of the blue, so stop with the bs.

im comparing , its alredi written in stone that al khalid is better.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...-gearing-up-final-trials-4.html#ixzz2UCEkZxjS

once agen after you guys started posting about al khalid first.

still you are saying you complementing us. who started comparing with al khalid? if you want to post something post it in a manner.

i was but i take it back.

and if you actually check the posts your indians brought up al khalid and all the bs.

that was a legitimate question.

i was trying to compliment the indian people while trying to give my two cents on the tank but i guess you people dont deserve compliments.

i believe all this is after you guys started bringing up al khalid out of the blue, so stop with the bs.

once agen after you guys started posting about al khalid first.

i was but i take it back.

and if you actually check the posts your indians brought up al khalid and all the bs.

Useless rant with one-liners ..post reported!!

Your link doesn't say so i guess!

Please go through the images posted on the IMI's Wave 100 Brochure.
There's a M2 machine gun instead of the MAG but the overall dimensions and profile of the Wave 100 RCWS are similar to the OFB RCWS.

http://www.imi-israel.com/vault/documents/wave_100.pdf

RCWS with MAG on OFB MPV

dsc02265qd4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom