What's new

India has recently conducted field trial tests with new local-made Arjun Mk-II main battle tank

Checked it . But the only thing in it was a Pakistani poster making all the claims and no proofs .
You need to learn dude - posts by Pakistani members on PDF are considered as axioms to be held above the laws of nature

the irony is that MK2 is nothing but a systems improvement over MK1, yet it has several flaws, very basic in nature. You cant blame IA not to go for MK1 with all the flaws it has, MK2 should do better.

FYI...Indian Army is already operating 124+ MK1 tanks...

Could you please help me to understand on what basis you claimed it, if you can produce some proof, it will be good to understand …FYI… Till date PAKISTAN has not produces a simple motor...And Funny to see that you are talking about System improvement and machine flaws… Mr. Dazzler …At least we are trying to do something ….might be, we will fall once, twice but not ALWAYS … What about yours….????.... A big question mark is there in front of you coz everything you cannot expect as an AID….You might be aware of that nothing is free in this world…

FYI...Indian Army is already operating 124+ MK1 tanks...

Could you please help me to understand on what basis you claimed it, if you can produce some proof, it will be good to understand …FYI… Till date PAKISTAN has not produces a simple motor...And Funny to see that you are talking about System improvement and machine flaws… Mr. Dazzler …At least we are trying to do something ….might be, we will fall once, twice but not ALWAYS … What about yours….????.... A big question mark is there in front of you coz everything you cannot expect as an AID….You might be aware of that nothing is free in this world…

search the forum, you will find a plenty.

Arjun Main Battle Tank Gears up for Final Leg of Trials

Defence scientists of Avadi-based Combat Vehicle Research Development Establishment (CVRDE) are all set to take the country’s Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT) Mk II for the concluding phases of user trials.

As per the schedule, the prototype of Arjun MBT Mk II will have to undergo five phases of user trials, out of which three have been completed at the Mahajan and Pokhran Field Firing Ranges.

CVRDE Director Dr P Sivakumar, told ‘Express’ on Thursday that in the fourth phase of trial, the tank would have to be tested for obstacle crossing and medium fording (water) capabilities.

“The concluding phases of the user trials will begin in May 2014. There are 89 improvements being undertaken on the Mk II tank, out of which 74 are related to tank-fittable ones and the remaining 15 are other improvements such as ammunition development,” Sivakumar said.

CVRDE, a Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) Establishment, got on to mission mode to develop the upgraded version of Arjun MBT in 2010 and rolled out the first prototype within two years, for User trials. The Arjun Mk II is heavier by five tonnes when compared to Mk I, which is 62.5 tonnes.

“So far the prototype tank has covered over 5000 km as part of the DRDO and user trials. We have extensively conducted the validation of all the improvements prior to each phase of user trials,” says Balamurugan V, Additional Director, Project Arjun, CVRDE.

It was during the recent Republic Day Parade that Arjun MBT Mk II was first exhibited to the general public.

The tank is also being exhibited at the DefExpo-2014 which began in Delhi on Thursday. Arjun MBT Mk I is already in service with the Indian Army. Banking on indicators, the DRDO is expecting additional orders for Arjun Mk II by early next year.

The DRDO said that Arjun MBT Mk II was substantially cheaper than contemporary tanks in its class to meet the battlefield challenges of the 21st century. However, Army sources say that a few of the improvements need to be further refined.

I wonder if Arjun-II will be able to challenge even our Al Khalid-1, forget about the Al Khalid-II monster if we ever put it out there...

Just like tejas, arjun is pretty much a failure as a project..lets see what Arjun-II brings to table..

I wonder if Arjun-II will be able to challenge even our Al Khalid-1, forget about the Al Khalid-II monster if we ever put it out there...

Just like tejas, arjun is pretty much a failure as a project..lets see what Arjun-II brings to table..

haan!!!... i would say good luck to your monsters and there subsequent projects

Al-Khalid II doesn't even exist but you know it will be a monster :lol:

Hey.. you dont know it is under wraps.. They fear if it is unleashed.. NATO have to rework on there entire battle plan and new Machine... just like google have to rework on the entire Android when Apple introduce IOS

Your Al Khalid tank can't even challenge Arjun MK1...forget about Arjun Mk2..............It is way better than Al khalid in terms of Protection and firing capabilities and accurancy

Yes.

Al Khalid-1 is a monster itself...pretty much matches Merkava IV in firepower, and mobility..while Merkava has slight advantage in weight-class and better electronics.

Now, up gradation of Al Khalid-1 will be a monster---easily.

But that is, IF Arjun-II surpasses Al Khalid-1 and Pakistan feels the need to produce a tank counter to Arjun-II...

From all the information, pics, tests, design etc...Arjun-II hardly seems to be surpassing lethal Al Khalid-1...300+ of which are already with Pakistan armoured corps!

I hope you do know that Al Khalid and Al Khalid-1 are different tanks.

Your Al Khalid tank can't even challenge Arjun MK1...forget about Arjun Mk2..............It is way better than Al khalid in terms of Protection and firing capabilities and accurancy

Please, don't joke around. You come out as an idiot.

Senior indian members...some of them have actually worked on Arjun project and now to Arjun-II project with Israelis...have said the same thing that I say.

Arjun-1 had design flaws..and thats why india developed arjun II..leave your typical indian inferiority-complex inspired bullshittry aside..if india already had a wayyy superior tank than anything Pak had, why would they waste billions to develop Arjun-II?

LOL

You do know don't you that entire indian armoured corps having Arjuns are "specifically" designed for Pakistan and are deployed along Pakistani borders? you don't aspect arjuns to fight in himayalas..do u?

So if india already had superior decisive edge with arjun-1, they would not have gone for arjun-II UNLESS Pakistan had come up with the answer to arjun-1...

Al Khalid-I even gives Merkava IV a run for its money...arjunk is not even close LOL

See this thread..

Comparison : Pakistani Al Khalid-1 MBT vs Israeli Merkava IV MBT !

haan!!!... i would say good luck to your monsters and there subsequent projects

thanks.

But trillion times more "luck" is needed to failures like tejas and arjun..I hope they get ready now after decades of failures...

Last edited:
Not sure if you actually believe all that or if you're trolling, but if you do, God help you :)

May kaali mata help india so that they can come up with something that is not a failure like tejas etc

Yes.

Al Khalid-1 is a monster itself...pretty much matches Merkava IV in firepower, and mobility..while Merkava has slight advantage in weight-class and better electronics.

You should be awarded jingo of the year award. :lol:

Yes.

But that is, IF Arjun-II surpasses Al Khalid-1 and Pakistan feels the need to produce a tank counter to Arjun-II...

From all the information, pics, tests, design etc...Arjun-II hardly seems to be surpassing lethal Al Khalid-1...300+ of which are already with Pakistan armoured corps!

I hope you do know that Al Khalid and Al Khalid-1 are different tanks.

Please, don't joke around. You come out as an idiot.

Senior indian members...some of them have actually worked on Arjun project and now to Arjun-II project with Israelis...have said the same thing that I say.

Arjun-1 had design flaws..and thats why india developed arjun II..leave your typical indian inferiority-complex inspired bullshittry aside..if india already had a wayyy superior tank than anything Pak had, why would they waste billions to develop Arjun-II?

LOL

You do know don't you that entire indian armoured corps having Arjuns are "specifically" designed for Pakistan and are deployed along Pakistani borders? you don't aspect arjuns to fight in himayalas..do u?

So if india already had superior decisive edge with arjun-1, they would not have gone for arjun-II UNLESS Pakistan had come up with the answer to arjun-1...

Al Khalid-I even gives Merkava IV a run for its money...arjunk is not even close LOL

See this thread..

Comparison : Pakistani Al Khalid-1 MBT vs Israeli Merkava IV MBT !

thanks.

But trillion times more "luck" is needed to failures like tejas and arjun..I hope they get ready now after decades of failures...

hoooo.... i really envy ... but how the comparison happened? did you send your tanks to Palestine?

Guys,if you value your time even a bit you wouldn't waste your time over that galactically stupid and delusional fellow.Trust me,it's not worth it.A country that can't even design their own rifle suddenly came up with an wunder waffe that defeat anything-gimme a break!!AK.....the tank's gun is even inferior to the 2A46M which itself is pretty much a junk!!
I have seen people overestimating their capability....it's quite common actually but not to this extent as the delusional brigade from our western neighbouring country!!

Back
Top Bottom