What's new

Arjun MK II main battle tank may miss 2016 induction date

I don't think DRDO has a fault in this case
But i wan't to know if the Arjun using L55 120 mm smoothbore cannon from Germany?

The 120 mm rifled gun
Locally Produced By Drdo Itself

Dont worry their is always 2017........ or 2030

You should also rename the missile and call it the indigenous indian product called LANAT

Last edited:
I still think, its better to induct the tank and then wait for Missiles
even the T-90s got first batch of 2000 Invar Missiles in Dec 2013 and second batch is expected in may 2014, with deliveries of all 25000 missiles being completed by 2018

and thats when nearly 900 T-90s were already in service before the missile entered in service
i wonder whats wrong in having 300 Arjuns in operation before Lahat enters service

Any news about CLGM test or possible induction time. After all CLGM was developed as a replacement for LAHAT for Arjun...:(

Dont worry their is always 2017........ or 2030

You should also rename the missile and call it the indigenous indian product called LANAT

We don't follow the Pakistani way of renaming other's missiles and call it ours .

The Arjunk always seems to have some problem. About introdoction day ,does introduction day mean mass production?

It's induction not introduction ...... please read carefully .

The 120 mm rifled gun
Locally Produced By Drdo Itself

Old image of the Arjun 120mm rifled gun -

mbt1n.jpg

Let's not get carried away. This is because the Arjun has failed to meet one of the let criteria the IA laid down- missile firing capability. It's like asking the IAF to induct the LCA with no BVR missile capability. It might be the Israeli faults but that's neither her nor there, the problem is a problem.

Back
Top Bottom