What's new

Vietnam win gold in Chinese Chess event.

NiceGuy

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Vietnamese surprisingly surpassed China to win two gold medals at the 15th Asian Xiangqi (Chinese Chess) Individual Championship.

The event held in Macau, China, attracted 20 male players and 10 females from 16 countries and territories, including China, Vietnam, Taiwan, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Japan, Thailand, India and Australia. The Chinese were considered favourites for the championship.
The Vietnamese team comprising male players Nguyen Hoang Lam and Bui Duong Tran and female Ngo Lan Huong exceeded expectations.
Lam and Tran’s biggest rivals were Chinese Wang YueFei and Lü Qin. Wang YueFei won Asian and World Xiangqi Championships in the past and Lü Qin is seen as one of China’s rising young stars.
However, both Chinese failed to reach the semi-final, providing a perfect opportunity for the Vietnamese to take gold.
Lam and Tran overcame Taiwan’s Ma Chung-Wei and the Philippine’s Cheng Ming Chuo in the semi-finals.
Lam won the gold medal for men’s individual event, followed by Tran.
In the women’s individual, Vietnam’s Ngo Lan Huong defeated China’s Chen LiChun, winning gold medal.
This is the first time that Chinese chess-players have failed to make the semi-final round since the Asian Chinese Chess Championships were launched in 1980.
1320399536.img.jpg

Nguyen Hoang Lam (right) won gold for Vietnam
:woot: Where is High IQ Chinese in CHinese chess ??:woot:

While I congratulate on Vietnam in winning the gold whole heartedly, I dismiss the call that this indicates inferior IQ of the Chinese.

After all, the Chinese chess or Xiangqi is invented by the Chinese.

Frankly, if Vietnam were part of China, one of you could be Chinese president and rule the whole China.

:lol:

While I congratulate on Vietnam in winning the gold whole heartedly, I dismiss the call that this indicates inferior IQ of the Chinese.

After all, the Chinese chess or Xiangqi is invented by the Chinese.

Frankly, if Vietnam were part of China, one of you could be Chinese president and rule the whole China.

:lol:
Sorry, if we want to be Leader, we'd like to lead ASEAN far more than China . ASEAN is rich resouces region but not so many people. CHina has a little resouces but full of 'High IQ' , poor and hungry people :lol:

Congrats to Taiwan...... Hey can someone upload its video? I really love to watch it...

Can u write whole medals tally ??
So that i could check indians in the list..:undecided:
Winners List

------ Men's Individual ------------------ Women's Individual
Champion---- Nguyen Hoang Lam (VIE)------------------ Chen LiChun (CHN)
Second---- Bui Duong Tran (VIE) ------------------ Ngo Lan Huong (VIE)
Third ---- Ma Chung-Wei (TPE) ------------------ Cheng Ming Chuo (M.E)
Fourth ---- Chong Heung Ming (PHI) -
Fifth ---- Wang YueFei (CHN) -
Sixth ---- Lü Qin (CHN) -

English Home Page

@alimukhtar : sorry, I don't find any clip ^^

Sorry, if we want to be Leader, we'd like to lead ASEAN far more than China . ASEAN is rich resouces region but not so many people. CHina has a little resouces but full of 'High IQ' , poor and hungry people :lol:
Right said :tup:

I Can't stop..:cry::cry::cry:
I think v indian r made just to win the world championship (atleast in Chess & cricket)...:victory::victory::victory:

Winners List

------ Men's Individual ------------------ Women's Individual
Champion---- Nguyen Hoang Lam (VIE)------------------ Chen LiChun (CHN)
Second---- Bui Duong Tran (VIE) ------------------ Ngo Lan Huong (VIE)
Third ---- Ma Chung-Wei (TPE) ------------------ Cheng Ming Chuo (M.E)
Fourth ---- Chong Heung Ming (PHI) -
Fifth ---- Wang YueFei (CHN) -
Sixth ---- Lü Qin (CHN) -

English Home Page

@alimukhtar : sorry, I don't find any clip ^^

LoL the two viet champs they are chinese migrants.

The Chinese Chess is quite easy to play, but lets see who can be really good in Go (Weiqi). :lol:

weiqi.png

Back
Top Bottom