What's new

Turkey denies military intervention in Syria

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Turkey denies military intervention in Syria

Turkish Foreign Ministry spokesperson Selçuk Ünal on Thursday denied a report suggesting that Turkey might launch a military operation in Syria to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad's regime.

Ünal told Today's Zaman that “the allegations raised in a Kuwaiti newspaper report do not represent the truth whatsoever and it was obviously based on false reporting.”

Kuwaiti newspaper As-Seyassah reported on Monday that Turkish officials had told Western countries that Turkey might launch a military operation in Syria's north to overthrow President Assad's regime.

“Turkey informed Britain, France, Italy, Germany and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) leadership of the possibility that it would launch an offensive in … Aleppo, Homs, Hama and Latakia,” As-Seyassah daily quoted an unnamed British officials as saying. The As-Seyassah report was carried by the Lebanese news website nowlebanon.com.

The Turkish Foreign Ministry underlined, however, that the allegations were simply not true and that the report was based on false information.

The Syrian government's crackdown on anti-regime protesters has brought once-close Turkish-Syrian relations to a breaking point, with Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan describing the Syrian response to protests as “savagery.”

The Turkish criticism of the Syrian response to anti-regime protesters led to deterioration in Turkish-Syrian ties.

Foreign Ministry denies report that Turkish military may invade Syria

Any military intervention in Syria should be approved from UN Security Council; there cannot be a military intervention without the approval from UN Security Council.

Lankan Ranger -- Please help me understand why you continue to open so many threads on the same subject -- you just double the work of mods, surely you can understand this -

Lankan Ranger -- Please help me understand why you continue to open so many threads on the same subject -- you just double the work of mods, surely you can understand this -

Turkey Defence section remains least active then other sections, so a little push may bring more members here.

Please do consider the position you are putting mods in - your input is greatly valued, may I ask you to be more considerate - because so many threads about the same subject in so many boards may be taken as a form of spamming - and we don't want you to be associated with such things.

Turkey Defence section remains least active then other sections, so a little push may bring more members here.

Exactly, this section seem unpopular and pure here. Only military stuffs (navy/helicopter)- no one really read it much and it get boring. Heck, other sections are full of wars, arguments, jokes, healthy discussions, development and entertainments. You notice it.

Sri Lanka Defence, i bet it will be Pakistan-Sri Lanka-India triangle wars. Lol. And Russia Defence (Russian members are increasing here)

Please do consider the position you are putting mods in - your input is greatly valued, may I ask you to be more considerate - because so many threads about the same subject in so many boards may be taken as a form of spamming - and we don't want you to be associated with such things.

I agree with your reasonable points, I think, Lanka Rangers is on the way to 5000 thread milestone. :P

Back
Top Bottom